• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
We had a Pokemon blowout and Smash news just last month, plus plenty of stuff on FF7, Doom Eternal, RE3, etc. Gaming news is fine. You've all gone crackers.

It more of a sense of change in the industry. E3 has a lot to do with it in my mind. I feel like we will all look back at this first half of the year and recognize that the communication cycle changed for gaming.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
I'm sorry "plans change" doesn't fit the narrative you want in your life. Truth is, it happens. You seem like you want this insider thing to be black and white. It isn't. It's gray. There will be hits and misses. It isn't an excuse and your so called "credible insiders" I believe simply don't say shit until it basically about to be announced due to fear of people like you attacking them if they just so happen to be wrong.

sorry,Id prefer hearing about possibilities further out even if they could change or be wrong. I know how to take it has speculation rather than fact.
How many misses without hits does one get?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I'm sorry "plans change" doesn't fit the narrative you want in your life. Truth is, it happens. You seem like you want this insider thing to be black and white. It isn't. It's gray. There will be hits and misses. It isn't an excuse and your so called "credible insiders" I believe simply don't say shit until it basically about to be announced due to fear of people like you attacking them if they just so happen to be wrong.

sorry,Id prefer hearing about possibilities further out even if they could change or be wrong. I know how to take it has speculation rather than fact.
Then you're ok with everyone acting like an insider?

Because I can tell you a new Wario Ware game is being developed.
Plans can change though, it might get cancelled or pushed back to next gen.

Seriously. It's just a mix of checking patterns and giving relatively believable information based on that and you can get away with a lot of things.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I really wonder if this thread, or rather theses threads, will be once a subject about marketing strategies at Nintendo ... and if that will happen, i would give many things in order to be able to listen to that talk.

I already make extensive use of abload.de, I am ready for our lederhosen-clad overlords

Hey, i'm German, not Bavarian!

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
Well, at least we made good progress towards our OT6 goal.

Keep the posts coming, we may reach OT10 before it's all said and done.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't really look at this thread at all over the long weekend and now I've come back to about 60 more pages and what seems like genuine hostility. Did I miss something?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean they kinda have to do a General Nintendo direct before the end of March for obvious reasons

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many misses without hits does one get?

I trust the mod team. Zippo has something there. and for fucks sake, it isn't even end of the timeframe he gave.

Then you're ok with everyone acting like an insider?

Because I can tell you a new Wario Ware game is being developed.
Plans can change though, it might get cancelled or pushed back to next gen.

Seriously. It's just a mix of checking patterns and giving relatively believable information based on that and you can get away with a lot of things.

I posted my criteria. Anyone who has been right before OR vetted by mods.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I didn't really look at this thread at all over the long weekend and now I've come back to about 60 more pages and what seems like genuine hostility. Did I miss something?
Just the usual "there's a direct announced today, I swear!" and a classic war over whether you should constantly excuse insiders with no track record that get things wrong more often than not, or whether you shouldn't.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
To reiterate what I said earlier, I think we need to do what major sports forums do and have tier lists for sources such as these.
Problem is it will draw even more attention to some insiders and most on them are here to share things with a passionate community...and nowadays everything that is said here is then posted on some gaming news website.
Honestly, there are also so few of them here now because of that.
Actually if Zippo sources are not trustworthy, that would be Nate only ( who doesn't leak much)
Emily will be busy with life.
Zell retired.
So I don't think we need some kind of system right now given the situation.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): Hostility. History of related behavior
Mate, you've posted more than 850 messages in this post, and many of them are just trying to act like you're superior to everyone else, and that others should behave like you. I'm sorry to say you should calm down when you're the one with this attitude.

"Plans change" is the "get out of jail of free" dirtsheet excuse that works everytime with "lesser intelligent people" (your words). Funny how credible insiders don't do that.
Feel free to say where I'm advocating for harassment and bullying. I'm just saying we can now just keep talking with zippo like a regular poster instead of believing random speculation posted like insider leaks.
Nah I'm good. Stay mad lol

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So what are we being fed

It varies between countries, but usually vegetable fats, milk solids, emulsifiers, and other beans that resemble the texture of Cacao beans.
They usually add Cacao butter or oil to make it feel like it's real Cacao, but it's not.

RobFox64tm

Oct 30, 2017
Wow. What the hell is Nintendo waiting for? I thought an Animal Crossing Direct would be assured a month out. Maybe they feel the game will sell enough on its name alone and don't feel it needs to be marketed as heavily?

As for a general direct, I'm thinking Nintendo doesn't have anything to show for the first half of 2020, honestly. They will ride Animal Crossing for a while, give us random news through tweets and hold off on the bigger game announcements until E3. I think we all just need to prepare for that.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If there aren't two directs...(or even one) that is a miss on his first stuff he put out. Generally insders go on the map by starting out with legit leaks.

Yep, that will be a miss. But it hasn't happened yet.

People are acting like the majority of what he has said has been wrong when... literally nothing has been wrong, yet.

He's relatively new to the insider scene, that's why he currently doesn't have a track record.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019
tbh insiders should be banned. If people want to leak things they should have to do it anonymously through a mod or something.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
I honestly hate Nintendo now, ugh

Did you hate them back when they didn't do Directs too?
I don't want to sound like an old guy, but man it was rough back in the day counting down to E3 or the TGS or SpaceWorld, because you that was the only time you'd hear about a new revealed game (or maybe in a magazine every so often).

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to sound like an old guy, but man it was rough back in the day counting down to E3 or the TGS or SpaceWorld, because you that was the only time you'd hear about a new revealed game (or maybe in a magazine every so often).
The majority here probably aren't old enough that they followed gaming news back then.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I remember back in 1895 when they had the gall to go 6 full years without so much as a Tweet.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Mario Maker 2 and ARMS for sure were announced the day before airing. There's a precedent.
It definitely depends on the time that the direct airs.

Those directs aired in the evening (EST) while the Pokemon direct aired in the morning. It seems that they always announce directs 32-48 hours before hand. So if the AC direct were to be 5PM EST on Thursday, the announcement would be tomorrow at 9AM EST.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Wow. What the hell is Nintendo waiting for? I thought an Animal Crossing Direct would be assured a month out. Maybe they feel the game will sell enough on its name alone and don't feel it needs to be marketed as heavily?

As for a general direct, I'm thinking Nintendo doesn't have anything to show for the first half of 2020, honestly. They will ride Animal Crossing for a while, give us random news through tweets and hold off on the bigger game announcements until E3. I think we all just need to prepare for that.

Nintendo is shutting down.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It definitely depends on the time that the direct airs.

Those directs aired in the evening (EST) while the Pokemon direct aired in the morning. It seems that they always announce directs 32-48 hours before hand. So if the AC direct were to be 5PM EST on Thursday, the announcement would be tomorrow at 9AM EST.
Same time as usual then

RainRainRain

Jan 15, 2018
Some of the replies on this thread are giving me the good laugh I needed to cope with the fact that a direct was not announced.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow, tomorrow!
I love ya tomorrow!
You're always
A day
Away!

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't make sense to me that Nintendo created a huge hype machine that is called Nintendo Direct and then just decides to air fewer of them or have long waits between them. I would air a direct every month just to create excitement.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't make sense to me that Nintendo created a huge hype machine that is called Nintendo Direct and then just decides to air fewer of them or have long waits between them. I would air a direct every month just to create excitement.

I think the fervor that comes with Nintendo Direct anticipation could be even stronger than the actual excitement generated by the Direct airing.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
What exactly would you show off at your monthly Directs? 10-15 Minutes of nothing?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
They don't need to every month, but they should follow a somewhat set schedule at least.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
My concern: The new Animal Crossing was rushed and isnt really that much different than New Leaf so there isnt that much to show.

Status
Not open for further replies.