• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
EREC9uTX0AEz6_v

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
He earned it by being a nice guy who has been very transparent about his information and sources. He is not trying to mislead anyone, and so far he hasn't actually been wrong yet.

So maybe instead of us NEEDING to defend him people can just stop shitting on him, perhaps?

He wasn't really right on the Smash 5 fighter 5 though now was he? Or do I misremember.

Method

Oct 25, 2017
He earned it by being a nice guy who has been very transparent about his information and sources. He is not trying to mislead anyone, and so far he hasn't actually been wrong yet.

So maybe instead of us NEEDING to defend him people can just stop shitting on him, perhaps?
I agree. He's seems like a great guy. No need to shit on him. He said two directs in Feb and if there aren't two directs in Feb, we can move on not believing his sources anymore.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of you need to calm down. I too have a few people I trust who've said there were going to be two Directs this month. Plans can and do change; MPT is a good example. I get being disappointed, but when it's reached the point where people are being called lying whores then it's time to hit the pause button and examine your behavior.
You didn't hear about the direct that was supposed to happen in January?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Cleary there are no 2020 titles. The 100m dream is dead, they'll be lucky to get to 50m at this point. It's the Wii U all over again.

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
btw I refuse to hear that my concerns about Animal Crossing are baseless from now on, this game completely skipped the info stage and instead went from announcement to radio silence to 30 second commercials. if that doesn't worry you than I envy you completely

Not really worried. People who love Animal Crossing have been waiting for this game for years, it's simple existence is the main selling point. They can totally get away with revlealing very little about it. If anything, this proves that they're very confident in the game. And an AC Direct this week is still very possible, in any case.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
and yeah, I'm inclined to believe Zippo doesn't know anything. Which isn't to say he sucks or to try to be mean to him in any way, I just don't see any reason to trust what he says regarding Nintendo info

ozeiyo

Feb 12, 2020
At this point, I'd take even an Animal Crossing Direct. And I don't even care about Animal Crossing (my SO does, however, so it'd be cool to see it with her).

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Transparent as in blaming them?

When did he blame anyone? He told us what he heard, he said he trusts his source and stands by it. If it turns out that it's wrong, so be it but he's clearly not attempting to mislead anyone.

He wasn't really right on the Smash 5 fighter 5 though now was he? Or do I misremember.

He was making educated guesses about Byleth and yeah he wasn't right about it, but I don't think he ever presented his guesses as inside info. So far I don't think he has gotten anything specifically right or wrong, in terms of insider predictions.

Last week: "All of us are going on a self-imposed exile for a while*

*most people return within 12-24 hours*

Today: "I can't believe this happened again"

This thread is an abusive relationship confirmed.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Some of you need to calm down. I too have a few people I trust who've said there were going to be two Directs this month. Plans can and do change; MPT is a good example. I get being disappointed, but when it's reached the point where people are being called lying whores then it's time to hit the pause button and examine your behavior.
What did those sources tell you about that turned out true and weren't revealed elsewhere?
I agree. He's seems like a great guy. No need to shit on him. He said two directs in Feb and if there aren't two directs in Feb, we can move on not believing his sources anymore.
Basically. Nice guy, but now everyone can agree there's no reason to believe his sources.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, turns out Animal Crossing New Horizons is probably just a regular Animal Crossing game with light crafting that takes place on an island. Let's all act surprised when they actually confirm this.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
btw I refuse to hear that my concerns about Animal Crossing are baseless from now on, this game completely skipped the info stage and instead went from announcement to radio silence to 30 second commercials. if that doesn't worry you than I envy you completely

I'm not worried at all. It's Animal Crossing. It'll be great! We'll see more soon.

Right? He hasn't gotten anything right so far.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
when there's no direct but then i remember i got my health, friends and family, and a huge backlog of good game i'll never be able to finish

tenor1ovj70.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and yeah, I'm inclined to believe Zippo doesn't know anything. Which isn't to say he sucks or to try to be mean to him in any way, I just don't see any reason to trust what he says regarding Nintendo info
Yeah that's how it will work. If his "leaks" don't happen, then everyone moves on from taking him serious just like many others in the past.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry not at all? i can't follow you....
He ain't wrong tho. Zippo is verified to possibly know about stuff from certain sources. Doesn't mean his sources are right all the time.
You clearly can't exclude Zippo lying, but in all honesty, why should he do that? The consequences, as you can clearly see, are negative only.
You gotta take responsibility for your claims. First, you need to judge the veracity of a certain info based on your source's situation. Then, you need to decide whether this information is reliable enough to share with the whole world (often times, this kind of insider information includes very sensitive topics and can lead to substantial harm). If you got bad intel, you take the fall, because it's you who decided to declare yourself an insider and it's you who chose to let others in on a piece of info you yourself deemed reliable.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
*sees the NoA tweet at 7 on the dot, knows how people are taking the Direct hiatus*

Around we go again.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The doom and gloom in this thread is so depressing. What a roller coaster this Q1 has been ... haha haha

Status
Not open for further replies.