• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Been away from this thread for a while, what are we expecting right now? Animal Crossing Direct announcement today or tomorrow? And is it still pure speculation or is there something tangible that makes it seem probable?

Today or tomorrow yeah.
there is apparently an embargo ending on the 20th but that doesn't mean a direct will happen so it is mostly just a guess.

absurdtales

Apr 7, 2019
hey so i noticed that the pokemon direct link said 11 hours ago, is this normal?
Screen_Shot_2020-02-18_at_9.27.22_pm.png

Estro

Jul 17, 2019
Today or tomorrow yeah.
there is apparently an embargo ending on the 20th but that doesn't mean a direct will happen so it is mostly just a guess.

An AC Direct a month before launch would make a whole lot of sense. I'd say that we'd then get the General one the first week of March, but I would like Zippo to be correct, so maybe they break pattern and give us one next week?

Feb 16, 2020
I hope you're all happy, I joined this website after months of lurking so I could join in on this direct speculation.

Admittedly, my big pie in the sky is on Kickstarter right now, so there's not a lot a direct could do to stun me, but at this point I just want to see isabelle go weblpoietsasads and then tom nook go biblapsdde

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
An AC Direct a month before launch would make a whole lot of sense. I'd say that we'd then get the General one the first week of March, but I would like Zippo to be correct, so maybe they break pattern and give us one next week?

Could happen but I think some people have said Pax East starts next week so it wouldn't be good timing for a direct, but we will see

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
No a Nindies Presentation doesn't validate him. That's not a direct and also when he said it he said we know what it is implying a AC direct and general direct. Nobody is talking about an indies presentation.
Pretty sure Sabi, in this very thread, stated they knew of an indies broadcast coming in March (but hadn't heard anything about Directs). Wasn't really sure how seriously to take that information (and will also try to dig it up).

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you're all happy, I joined this website after months of lurking so I could join in on this direct speculation.

Admittedly, my big pie in the sky is on Kickstarter right now, so there's not a lot a direct could do to stun me, but at this point I just want to see isabelle go weblpoietsasads and then tom nook go biblapsdde
Welcome. All the lurkers out there, join in on the discussion. We're running in circles here, we need fresh blood.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

I treat the Wonderful 101 kickstarer as an early Direct announcement. One of my most wanted Wii U games on my Switch,

Oh and welcome to our cozy little madhouse, enjoy your stay :)

tenderbrew

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
every day there isn't one there's a greater probability that tomorrow there will be one

this is my creed i live by

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure Sabi, in this very thread, stated they knew of an indies broadcast coming in March (but hadn't heard anything about Directs). Wasn't really sure how seriously to take that information (and will also try to dig it up).
Yes. Sabi heard the indies presentation is coming in March. They haven't heard anything about when a general direct is coming.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
ʇ ɔ ǝ ɹ ᴉ p ƃ u ᴉ s s o ɹ ɔ l ɐ ɯ ᴉ u ɐ

Impressive.

a n i m a l c r o s s i n g d i r e c t

Not long until our mantra is unfolded into the material world people! WE CAN DO THIS

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I am not sure why are you gius asking for an animal crossing direct

.....since we could be asking for a general direct with focus on animal crossing so we get BOTH

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I'm longing for the chilled out vibes of Animal Crossing. I can't find my New Leaf cart and Stardew isn't scratching the mellow itch.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Animal Crossing direct this week feels odds on to me.

General Direct next week feels 50/50 at best, BUT I also think a General Direct a week or two weeks before Animal Crossing's launch feels 50/50 too, so early March isn't exactly a lock.

We'll have to wait and see, but I think the General really could land any week from here on in - no week seems more likely than any other at this point.

Incidentally, are there any other examples of a General Direct airing in close proximity (within a month) to a major first party game release?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

.....since we could be asking for a general direct with focus on animal crossing so we get BOTH
In the end we should get both AC Direct and General Direct. I understand it can seem like it makes sense to do a general direct with a AC portion in it first, but this is Nintendo . That's why I keep the open mind they'll do a AC direct first

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017

This is one of the possibilities but I doubt it to be honest. AC is a big game and Nintendo will want to feature that in its own direct. If the direct doesn't happen in February though than something is delaying the direct. It doesn't make sense to do a general direct in March when in the past we got both January and March directs.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
In the end we should get both AC Direct and General Direct. I understand it can seem like it makes sense to do a general direct with a AC portion in it first, but this is Nintendo . That's why I keep the open mind they'll do a AC direct first

I know the chances are stronger in a AC direct alone.... but since we are asking why settle for the lower denominator ? xD

coolcam52

Jan 14, 2019
Incidentally, are there any other examples of a General Direct airing in close proximity (within a month) to a major first party game release?
September 2019 a week before zelda
June 2019 2 weeks before mario maker
September 2018 a few weeks before super Mario party
June 2018 a few weeks before Octopath
March 2018 a couple of weeks before Kirby

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure why people are so quick to turn on Zippo, there's an extremely obvious path that vindicates his sources - a Direct or AC Direct this week and a Nindies Presentation next week for PAX East. There has been a Nindies Presentation the week of or week before PAX East for the last three years.

That being said, it's the Direct this week I have a hard time believing.
I've been beating the drum of a Nindies before pax next week for over a week and no one with entertain the thought outside of me and you it seems.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Considering my dentist appointment last week got rescheduled for today maybe it's a sign of a direct announcement today.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
You got it all wrong. Dark Cloud got banned in september AFTER the Direct got announced. Because he was all hype because of Soraya retweeting the Direct announcement.
So if he gets banned before the announcement, the announcement won't happen.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I still have to see or even hold a Switch Lite in person. I don't find any of them particularly good or bad looking going by pics on the web.
The grey one probably would be the safest option for me personally (if I ever were to buy one of the Lites, that is; but I guess I would miss the option to dock it when I wanted to, so ...)

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
People are going to be so salty if there is a nindies before a regular direct

I'd prefer that to be honest, at least we'd know not to expect a direct any time soon. The last general news video we received was last September, that's an astonishing amount of time to go without any new information, with the most likely explanation is that Nintendo have botched staggering their studio output again.

I suspect Metroid Prime 4, had it stuck to its original schedule, would be releasing around now. Obviously we wont be seeing that now until 2023.

I am, however, surprised that we've not heard anything of a new Mario, a new Monolithsoft game, or Splatoon 3.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
No a Nindies Presentation doesn't validate him. That's not a direct and also when he said it he said we know what it is implying a AC direct and general direct. Nobody is talking about an indies presentation.

Personally I would absolutely count it, especially if it's a livestreamed (premiere on YouTube) Nintendo event announced in advance.

If that happened alongside some sort of Direct this week I'd give Zippo's sources the W on two Nintendo Direct-ish events this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.