• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestlaidplans

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Platform Warring and Modwhining; Prior Bans for Trolling
I love Nintendo as much as the next person, but when other threads get closed for far fewer reasons, how come this thread gets to rack up to 5 (!) OT threads with no actual news of a Direct coming? I mean, just make a Direct thread when a Direct gets announced.
Don't bash Nintendo fanboys or you'll be banned.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
giphy.gif

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
We shouldn't underestimate the effects of the corona virus. It impacted Switch stock and possibly also games that have decelopment support from China or new peripherals etc. For example we know Outer Worlds was delayed because of the corona virus. I think there are some uncertainties there so it's going to be hard for Nintendo to commit to things and it could have caused a delay for a few weeks.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
I love Nintendo as much as the next person, but when other threads get closed for far fewer reasons, how come this thread gets to rack up to 5 (!) OT threads with no actual news of a Direct coming? I mean, just make a Direct thread when a Direct gets announced.
Its a popular topic that is nicely contained in this thread. If this thread gets locked the conversation will just move to other threads.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
I'll reply to you just to say I'm a massive Nintendo fanboy lol I'm just chilled when it comes to speculation - when it happens, it happens. I was just wondering out loud how it can keep going on speculation-fumes, if that makes sense? Wasn't meaning to cause a ruckus!

I'm with you on the speculation angle, but Raccoon is right - it's been good and fun to deal with a subset of people in here. Makes the forum feel much smaller than it is.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
A general direct gets announced, but it ends up being like 80% Animal Crossing.

Just imagine the meltdowns.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of Emily joking or not, I'm sticking with AC direct next week. A magical General on February 27, but most likely March 5

Barely Able

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Why should it be a conspiracy theory lol. Nintendo issued an apology of stock issues due to the virus. Outer Worlds was delayed due to the virus. I can imagine other problems taking place. It isn't that hard to understand.
We already have precedent for delaying directs due to natural disasters, so this isn't too far fetched. Without an announcement we can only speculate, but it isn't unreasonable to think this is a possibility.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
I mean, I still think there's a chance that Thursday is a General Direct with an Animal Crossing focus. I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too much, since it seems far more likely it's just a straight AC direct

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
It was pretty clear from the very beginning an AC Direct needed to happen before the General one. Imagine a Direct with no mention of AC, people would freak out.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
But I want a 30 minute AC Direct.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
It would be weird for Nintendo to hype up Animal Crossing with a direct next week, and then do a direct afterwards to hype other games. I think a general direct that get people excited for the future lineup and afterwards individual game directs closer to release make more sense.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Or just have a large AC segment in the General. A "General Direct with a focus on Animal Crossing" like they did for Three Houses last year
I think that seems more likely than animal crossing getting its own direct. Kinda feels like they're keeping tight lipped on animal crossing to let folks discover the game and use word of mouth from release to hype it up. Makes sense to give it a push in a direct, but I don't think it would be a huge blowout.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't there insider knowledge that says Byleth was supposed to launch a month earlier, but got delayed? I wonder if that could have thrown off the entire Direct Schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.