• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It's funny because I highly doubt those same media journalists would decry people watching their coverage of newer titles because "you've got a massive backlog! why do you care?"

Because, frankly, the argument is exactly the same. You can't have it both ways and claim that people can't be excited about X new thing due to backlogs when allowing people to be excited about Y new thing anyway.
you see clout and money from talking about games is fine

clout and money from speculation is bad

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm not even supposed to be angry at a company that is not releasing anything relevant to me since July? Really?
EDIT: and that is not giving ANY info for what's to come?

If you're getting angry then something is wrong yeah. Nintendo hasn't released anything for me since Mario Odyssey but I couldn't give a shit, they'll do a Direct whenever they're ready, go play some other games or do something else in the meantime.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, but i have an appointment in another Abyss tomorrow. Can i come back to you about this next week?
I had another appointment with a different ABIS already.

Screenshot-4_4_2019-3_24_46-AM.jpg

OrochiJR

Oct 29, 2017
Could Nintendo be delaying the next direct till there is a clearer idea on the Coronavirus outbreak? Since Japan is virtually out of Switch stock, and game production/distribution could be affected if the virus spreads any further, perhaps they do not wish to commit at the moment to any further announcements?

That actually sounds pretty reasonable from an economic point of view. I am not a businessman though.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Fuck those backlogs comments. Who the fuck you think we are, some nerds who play video games ?

No Direct means perfect time to watch some films !
Time for all of you to watch those wonderful 2019 films !

-Uncut Gems
-Parasite (KOR)
-Little Women
-The Farewell (HK/US)
-The Lighthouse
-Les Misérables (FR)

Go !!

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Fuck those backlogs comments. Who the fuck you think we are, some nerds who play video games ?

No Direct means perfect time to watch some films !
Time for all of you to watch those wonderful 2019 films !

-Uncut Gems
-Parasite
-Little Women
-The Farewell (HK/US)
-The Lighthouse
-Les Misérables (FR)

Go !!

Add Snowpiecer and the upcoming All the Bright Places onto this list you coward.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
What is "losing their tempers?" So people aren't allowed to express different emotions?
Or let people do what they want and ignore people if you can't handle them criticizing nintendo.
You do realize the difference between justifiable outrage and throwing tantrums? It doesn't sound like you care very much and would rather just lash out when you don't get what you want when you want it.

JosephMichael

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably totally oblivious, but is there any reason why Nintendo couldn't tweet out a direct announcement after 9AM (EST) besides the fact that historically they have done it that way?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably totally oblivious, but is there any reason why Nintendo couldn't tweet out a direct announcement after 9AM (EST) besides the fact that historically they have done it that way?

No reason at all, besides the fact that Japan is asleep right now. But so far we don't really have any reason to expect them to deviate from historical patterns, even though they absolutely can.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
This lack of Direct is great news for SMT fans.

Atlus would never allow Nintendo to show an SMT5 trailer or announce an SMT5 release date before Persona 5 Scramble releases. If a Direct happens before P5S' release date, February 20th, it it guaranteed to not have any SMT5 news.

So it is a good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.