• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

donpiano

Nov 15, 2017
As we mindlessly type away our thoughts in this thread, there is, somewhere in the world, a computer that has all of the files they need to make the Direct in a folder. All of the announcements, trailers, release dates, titles and more are there, just waiting to be revealed. Everything is there, ready for the big announcement. This is information that already exists and is known to certain people, we just happen to not be one of them. And the only reason we don't have access to that information is because some corporate dude with a suit has decided that they can wait a bit longer to drop it. The longer they wait to release it, the more impatient we grow, and the greater our expectations become. This is the longest drought between Nintendo Directs ever in the history of humanity. What are they waiting for? Why make this the longest we have had to wait for a Direct? Is what they have to announce THAT big? What if it doesn't live up to expectations? Do they realise how much people are betting into this Direct? They must know what they're doing for sure. They must be aware that by choosing to not announce a Direct soon, their fanbase is growing increasingly nervous and they will need to deliver, or the stockholders won't be happy with the public reactions. At this point, we can only trust they know what they're doing. Sigh.

Rant over.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly the worst part of Zippo potentially being a false prophet is the status of Paper Mario now being unclear.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Like what I said in the Smash thread, in hindsight I think people kinda clinged on to Zippo's rumors because they wanted them to be real.

He said we were getting a traditional, back to basics Paper Mario game and also a brand new 2D Metroid that isn't a remake. Obviously both of these are things that Nintendo fans have been craving for years, so Zippo kinda gave them a brief ray of hope there.

Granted, Emily and Nate have both said that Metroid will get plenty of love on Switch so I suppose a 2D Metroid will happen sooner or later, but honestly, something about the notion of Nintendo making a PM64/TTYD styled PM game again always felt like it was too good to be true.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
y'all, i think they plottin

They're planning something that disrupts current expectations - perhaps breakthing themselves out of the "Direct, Direct, E3, Direct" cycle? What if they do something crazy like a NintendoCon?

lmao i dunno, I'm very confused but also intrigued. Watch it be super mundane though.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
under communism there be universal public domain

so anyone could make a Nintendo game

God there's this gaming guy i follow on twitter that always complains about ip theft in China

like sho gives a fuck

he also complains about Disney owning evreything

contradicting opinions so stupid

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Like what I said in the Smash thread, in hindsight I think people kinda clinged on to Zippo's rumors because they wanted them to be real.

He said we were getting a traditional, back to basics Paper Mario game and also a brand new 2D Metroid that isn't a remake. Obviously both of these are things that Nintendo fans have been craving for years, so Zippo kinda gave them a brief ray of hope there.

Granted, Emily and Nate have both said that Metroid will get plenty of love on Switch so I suppose a 2D Metroid will happen sooner or later, but honestly, something about the notion of Nintendo making a PM64/TTYD styled PM game again always felt like it was too good to be true.
Yea, I have always said this about paper mario. Oh well, I can just replay pm64 forever on loop.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
That sounds truly messed up. I did not know that was a thing.
Yeah, everything happens because you need to compensate for the extra hours each natural year has. It's not exactly 365 days, it's actually 365 and almost a quarter, that's why you have an extra day every 4 years.

However the "almost" part issues the need of a correction every 100 years, and that's why you don't add an extra day that year, except for the years fully divisible by 400, 2000 was indeed a leap year, my bad. 2100, 2200 and 2300 won't.

That still doesn't make it up and the next correction is done every 3000 years or so, and.still won't make it 100% accurate

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
tbh, they could probably have a completely successful year for the Switch, financially, with nothing but Animal Crossing, BotW2, Pokemon DLC, Smash DLC and a bunch of ports

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
under communism there be universal public domain

so anyone could make a Nintendo game

God there's this gaming guy i follow on twitter that always complains about ip theft in China

like sho gives a fuck

he also complains about Disney owning evreything

contradicting opinions so stupid
I really appreciate having you here during these stressful times.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
ok guys the wait has been long and its gona be worth be it I swear. I just heard from a REALLY reliable source that the NEXT Nintendo Direct is gona happen SOON. I mean like for sure its gona be this LIFETIME!!. Im so excited I could poop myself. well lets see if its true then :)

Now so REJOICE!!11. Please everybody share this news and try to stay clam.

Akyzane

Jan 13, 2019
Is Nintendo paying attention to the outcry about wanting a direct? What do you think they are thinking about it?

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
y'all, i think they plottin

They're planning something that disrupts current expectations - perhaps breakthing themselves out of the "Direct, Direct, E3, Direct" cycle? What if they do something crazy like a NintendoCon?

lmao i dunno, I'm very confused but also intrigued. Watch it be super mundane though.

SpaceWorld coming back would be quite exciting, not gonna lie.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I can predict Paper Mario coming to Switch anyway due the fact that Paper Mario haven't missed the console release ever since Nintendo 64.

It should be noted that he said it was supposed to be a return to form for the series, a new game in the style of PM64 and TTYD. In reality if we get anything it's just more than likely going to be another "experiment".

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Hey, is this thread an online mode in a Sakurai game? 'Cause everybody is leaving disappointed but still naively hoping for future updates

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
It should be noted that he said it was supposed to be a return to form for the series, a new game in the style of PM64 and TTYD. In reality if we get anything it's just more than likely going to be another "experiment".
Paper mario Balloon burst. You shake around the joycons to fight and for bosses, you go full on wafflepwn style with the joycons, if you get what I mean.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it really might just make more sense to wait until March for a big proper Direct. I would say though that means probably nothing coming in April. No way would they announce a boxed release with one month of lead time, even if it's a Wii U port.

Status
Not open for further replies.