• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
doug bowser just hit me up via pager, said someone needs to fill that Digital Operations Coordinator position before we get a Direct. can't have their Digital Operations be uncoordinated for too much longer, and can't shadowdrop Bayonetta 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X-2 at the next Direct without that position filled. someone on team NEET needs to fill the position

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
THEORY

Nintendo is well aware of "leakers" and, in order to discredit them in such a way that we never trust them again, they will continue not having a direct as long as it proves them wrong.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
No seriously, the NoA twitter situation is fishy, they work like clockwork they would never miss their daily hourly tweets.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Between Sony and Nintendo being relatively quiet, I wonder if they're both doing an experiment to see who's fanbase will explode first.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
ac.png

We good boys. No need to worry at all.
3 ports/remakes, a 3rd party game and a 1st party game for 2020 isn't that good at all, considering 2 of them don't even have a solid date. In fact it's terrible when after March nothing's known

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why everyone is jumping on Zippo right now. Sure there was a vote, but at the end of the day Zippo never gave a date, and even then, plans change all the time. We have no idea how far back Zippo heard the information that was shared.

We only have ourselves to blame for hype and disappointment.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Will Era reach OT 6 before the next Direct?

Will they overcome the constant laughter of detractors?t

Will people hang on to their sanity?

Find out next time Nintendo Era Z!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why everyone is jumping on Zippo right now. Sure there was a vote, but at the end of the day Zippo never gave a date, and even then, plans change all the time. We have no idea how far back Zippo heard the information that was shared.

I think some people wished he said his vote was just speculation.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Can they at least make an effort to market Xenoblade? Really want that game to do well
Hoping the same fam. After how well Xeno 2 and Torna did for Monolith Soft and Nintendo, that Shulk is in Smash, and Nintendo ended their direct on Xenoblade DE, it gives me high hopes they will market the remake well (also because the cut content, Bionis' Shoulder is coming)

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I'm officially at 2/20 for a General direct, 2/28 for a Pokemon Direct, and 3/12 for an AC Direct, because why the fuck not Pokemon Directs eveey month for the next 12 months!

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Y'all, the original vocals for the song "The Sound of Silence" were recorded on March 10, 1964. The title change is trying to tell us something!
/s obviously

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
I'll take the L this week, but I've got a good feeling about next week.

If that doesn't happen, then I have a good feeling about OT7.

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
I would love a Direct too, but man the negativity in this thread is something else. It's just video games. There are plenty of them out there to play. I've been taking my time through my second run of Fire Emblem and my backlog is huge. I understand the disappointment but there are already a ton of games on the Switch to play and I doubt everyone here has played them all. The announcements will come when they come

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
at the end of the day Zippo never gave a date, and even then, plans change all the time. We have no idea how far back Zippo heard the information that was shared.

If he's not sure he shouldn't be sharing, or use different words. Everybody knows there's always a group of people that will take every single word literally. Everybody also knows that there can come quite a bit of toxicity from those kind of bold statements.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Well we dont even know for sure it's may bound. It's all based on a retailers date.

If the retailers are correct and the date is May 29th, that's the same release date as The Last of Us 2, one of the most hyped games this year. I would hope Nintendo makes an effort to market it effectively

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
is it normal that NoA twitter is still quiet? though I mean i guess technically they don't get in the office for a couple of hours.

i don't wanna accept defeattttt

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

Ditects are planned like at least a month ahead of time.

Jan 11, 2018
THEORY

Nintendo is well aware of "leakers" and, in order to discredit them in such a way that we never trust them again, they will continue not having a direct as long as it proves them wrong.

They also cancelled sf:gp and the prime trilogy a while back. And now paper maio 6, metroid 5, and the pikmin and 3d world ports are cancelled as well just to spite them.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
CHILL.

the longer you wait the better it will be.

in January we had a mini direct, in February 2019 we had a good direct,...if we wait it's better.

they WILL have a direct soon, don't doubt that

Plum

May 31, 2018
I would love a Direct too, but man the negativity in this thread is something else. It's just video games. There are plenty of them out there to play. I've been taking my time through my second run of Fire Emblem and my backlog is huge. I understand the disappointment but there are already a ton of games on the Switch to play and I doubt everyone here has played them all. The announcements will come when they come

I know it's probably 'ridiculous' to some but people do genuinely like looking forward to new things. Sure you can just go and play the thousands of other games that are available right now but, like if you watch a TV show years after it's finished, you'll be experiencing them long after the cultural zeitgeist has moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.