• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
depending how bad climate change gets

video game development as we know it might come to an end in a couple decades

who is going to program Mario 100 if we are searching for fresh water

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Haha people are losing their mind on both Nintendo and Next Gen news droughts. I highly recommend just playing the games out there already. Kentucky Route Zero is really good! Or go play Outer Wilds! There are just so many great games to help pass the time :)

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ignoring this thread until next week now. It's just not worth the investment. Too many emotions and always disappointment. Goddamn Nintendo.

Lilalaunebaer

Oct 27, 2017
3 minutes from now.

n7EXwQ8.jpg

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The only times I've visited these threads are Wednesdays around the expected announcement times. I'd say my relationship to these threads are healthy.

Plum

May 31, 2018
That's a remake not a port. But besides I really don't get how people still claim the system is lacking games, it's just baffling to me.

It's one thing to say "i dont really care for whats coming up" it's another to claim "the system has no games". And my statement regarding this was a general one. Hell I didn't even mention amount of game releases or stuff like that in my original post.

It's a graphical remake of an old GBA/early-DS game with a few possible gameplay tweaks. That isn't going to light many people's worlds on fire.

And when people say "the system has no games," they don't ever mean that literally. If so then even the Wii U would have "had games," pretty much constantly because even in its darkest days it was getting some indies here and there. What they mean is that the system doesn't have a diverse enough lineup to cater to their, and perhaps many other people's, needs. And considering the fact that Nintendo's may only have Animal Crossing when it comes to significant releases for Q1 that's a fair point to make.

Party Sklar

Jan 7, 2020
Seriously, though, I'm sad and I get the all doom and gloom attitude we have here for the past hour, but let's not forget : IS, EPD 8 and EPD 9 must be working on something for at least 3 years. Bayo 3 should be finished by now. Monolith may have been developing something since XC2 as well. I'm THIRSTY for news, but I'm pretty sure everyone will be happy when we'll get them. This is not another 2018

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Some of us are just having fun guys calm down. Posting on ERA is my downtime for my downtime.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
The Punished King and the False Pretenders arc more like it. Right now we have the True King in exile while the royal committee is sending out false leads to take out the pretenders. The wario laughing tweet was a sign that anyone who leaked a direct this week was actually biting bait and now the assassins will come after them.

Shit. Please guys, we must write down the lore of this thread. For the generations to come.

Our children will know about the King.
The one who gave us hope. The one whose words were never to be betrayed by reality. The one we punished for crimes he never committed.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish zippo didnt promise the two dream games I've been waiting decades for right at this time when I've been waiting for something be exicited for.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Nintendo justs trust AC to be the only game we need until September or so.

-Feb 20th AC Direct: The game has enough content to be the only new first-party release during the first 9 months of 2020.
-Sept 2020 AC Direct: DLC pass for the game will make it last until BotW2 is released in Summer 2021

This is what some insiders meant by "from March onwards there will be enough content". I have heard a lot that "AC is the kind of game you're always playing", and clearly Nintendo knows it too.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
It's a graphical remake of an old GBA/early-DS game with a few possible gameplay tweaks. That isn't going to light many people's worlds on fire.

And when people say "the system has no games," they don't ever mean that literally. If so then even the Wii U would have "had games," pretty much constantly because even in its darkest days it was getting some indies here and there. What they mean is that the system doesn't have a diverse enough lineup to cater to their, and perhaps many other people's, needs. And considering the fact that Nintendo's may only have Animal Crossing when it comes to significant releases for Q1 that's a fair point to make.

I don't agree and I will leave it at that. Seems pointless to argue about this here.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
What I find weird, though, is that Pokémon Home tweets were posted at the same time for all regions, couldn't NoA just post it to appear at a certain time?
Not that I think they will announce a Direct in 1 minute, just wondering.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
My uncle told me Doug Bowser just logged onto twitter. He's about to drop it

Doug Bowser removes his face, he was Hiroshi Yamauchi all along. He announces on twitter that videogames are for lonely losers and Nintendo gets back into the love hotel business. The Nintendo Direct Era thread still keeps counting down every Wednesday

Life is good

Cheesehead302

Jun 7, 2019
Nope, you are not allowed to show disappointment here. It means you are dumb and just bad because you are criticizing nintendo.
Criticising is fine, but in the last 10 pages or so people are melting down saying that Nintendo obviously has no titles planned for release this year outside Animal Crossing. How the hell can you criticize what they haven't announced yet? It just shows how ridiculously obsessive the people in this thread are.

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
Talking about more serious matters, is there any chance that MM2 and FE3H aren't the only first-party games on tomorrow's sale?

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I'm not going to attack him as that would be ridiculous but it might honestly be better for "insiders" to just not post anything if plans can change so easily. It just raises expectations for a lot of people and inevitably disappoints them when nothing happens.
It's not their fault ERA is full children that can't control themselves, they can post whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.