• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
Been playing Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales. Good game that got released on the Nintendo Switch hybrid platform in 2020. Surprising I know, given the Switch has no games.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
what if they messed up the timing and it comes at 16h00 instead of 15h00

._.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
so we have been edging for so long

ready for a direct in Christmas

but we knew it only be one big thing at the game awards like previous years

exept it wasn't

ok but the early year direct always flips between months and since it wasn't January last year it be this year

ok no January direct means no need for a march direct just combine the 2 for febuary

nope

we have been edging for 3 months
Ewwwwww

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Annoyed. Just want an insider to tell us when it is at this point. Like I at least wanna hear Imran and Zippo's reasoning for voting Feb 12-13
Probably just speculation on Zippo's part based on saying there's 2 directs in February.

Everyone remember, Zippo's prediction of 2 directs could still be true. Wait for another week before you start tearing him to shreds.

And with that I'm truly out with the exodus squad.

Fizzlefry9

Apr 23, 2018
Nintendo just shut down an entire publication over sword/shield leaks. Say bye bye to "insiders" and "leaks". I wouldn't want to go up against the Nintendo Mafia

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is New Horizons the Nintendo game for which we've come the closest to it's the release while still knowing very little about it? I can't remember any other major Nintendo game cutting it this close before an info blowout.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
I understand 100% why insiders left. A lot of you guys here act insanely obsessive in here.

POE_001

Banned
Sep 5, 2018
Im going to say what ive heard one last time, and then im gonna leave ERA for a while:

1) 20
2) Yes Paper Mario
3) No Metroid 5
4) Yes MP4
5) Kirby

EDIT: This is false, I acted wrongly and I apologize for that.

Last edited:

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I honestly am more irritated by now than frustrated. Where is Nintendo going with this strategy?
I mean, doing a Direct in the first week of March seems really like the latest possible option without effing up their whole release schedule for the rest of the year. Insiders and the like aside, that's simple logic.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Let this all be a lesson to us all. Don't listen to Dark Cloud. Nate Drake was right.

Fizzlefry9

Apr 23, 2018
We're actually getting a big release in first half of the year. It hasn't happened since BotW.

I wish I had even the slighest interest in playing Animal Crossing. That's the type of game that is so polarizing. You either love it or don't get how people can love it, and I'm in the latter camp. So basically I have nothing to look forward to all year so far until they announce something.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
I honestly am more irritated by now than frustrated. Where is Nintendo going with this strategy?
I mean, doing a Direct in the first week of March seems really like the latest possible option without effing up their whole release schedule for the rest of the year. Insiders and the like aside, that's simple logic.

Tell me more about Nintendo's release schedule for the rest of the year, you seem to be an expert on it.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Two things to keep in mind.

1: Nintendo has clamped down hard on leakers. And apparently a good source of info at NOA left last year. No one is as willing to share/talk as they have in the past.

2: As Dark Cloud said, Nintendo is well aware how much hype Directs bring, they aren't stupid. Obtuse and head scratching at times, sure, but they know what they're doing. All this does is feed the frenzy

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
ok

I have a theory

Nintendo's shareholders are most likely majority old rich people that live in Japan

And there's a good chance considering there age and wealth they have bad takes

meaning their takes would get them justifiably cancelled

well Bernie sanders solidified the front runner status yesterday night and maybe the shareholders cancelled the direct becuase they are scared of what's happening to America

Sergio

Nov 13, 2018
Nintendo took that Direct
He took it away

hqdefault.jpg

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish I had even the slighest interest in playing Animal Crossing. That's the type of game that is so polarizing. You either love it or don't get how people can love it, and I'm in the latter camp. So basically I have nothing to look forward to all year so far until they announce something.
I mean, I'm the same. But can't really ignore Animal Crossing just because it isn't our kind of game.

Status
Not open for further replies.