• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4CornersTHSA

Jun 13, 2019
Partly on us for being insatiable...but man it's frustrating to follow Nintendo sometimes.

Is there an issue with their dev teams/games? Holding things back so they don't feel confident enough to have a Direct, if they're concerned they may delay them? Not an insider or pessimist, just wondering why such a long time between General Directs, at this point the longest in the Switch era ever.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Fortnite having a 3-month long season with no changes, games getting delayed until September or "TBD" that were supposed to come out in a couple months, Nintendo not having a Direct since god knows when....

I'm really struggling to be excited about gaming at all this year. Usually the year before a new generation is full of bangers, and this year has been extremely disappointing so far and doesn't look like it's going to get much better.
I'm not sure what's up with Nintendo, but everyone else is probably just the usual lull before a new console generation

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for March out of spite after being hurt by January's lack of general direct.
giphy.gif

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
well dang - perhaps this year they're changing their communication strategy?

I.e. no more Direct "patterns"

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I don't trust Zippo yet because he has no track record but he only said that there would be 2 Directs this month (AC and general), there are two weeks left for that.
Even if he ends up being wrong, don't hate on him. Just don't blindly trust him or anyone else with little to back their credibility.

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I always thought that Nintendo needed to improve their Q1's, but apparently they decided it's better to just go completely invisible during this time frame and then come back into existence around late March. They're like a bear who goes into hibernation.

alm0st^_^

Banned
Jan 25, 2020
my only regret is dkcfan isn't here with us lmao. He would be having a meltdown right now about insiders and casual gamers

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
The longer we go without a Direct, the shittier H1 is going to be. Nintedno isn't gonna release a bunch of games with less than 4 months or marketing.
Feels like 2018 all over again, although at least Animal Crossing is a much better anchor for the first half line up than Mario Tennis.

I can only hope Xenoblade DE is coming in H1.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's marketing has been so bad this year lol, wouldn't be surprised if AC comes out with big issues at the moment with how quiet they are.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
damn
just doing my followup popin to see how things are going and it looks like not well

Status
Not open for further replies.