• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Do you know what would even be worse than no nintendo direct? A nintendo direct where they specify BotW2 won't be shown beforehand....

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Clearly all of these people saying they won't post in this thread again if it's not announced today is a sign that we need to get to OT6

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
So in the last 12 hours, Nintendo have announced additional NES & SNES games for Switch Online and dropped a couple of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon trailers. QUICK EDIT: It's the Pokemon Company that have released the trailers actually, so I doubt there's anything there that clues us into Direct or no Direct.

Genuine question: is there a news blackout from Nintendo in the hours before a Direct announcement? I've never really noticed that before, but I know some people take it as significant.

One reason they could be getting this info out now is because it would get lost in a Direct. General Directs feature a lot of different games these days, so it's easy to have information overload. That's one reason why I think we've had the drip-feed of other news last month and before.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
tumblr_ny16qzKdDo1rtpbuxo3_540.gif

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Even if there is no direct announcement today I hope people don't come after Zippo. No insider has a perfect track record
In my opinion they deserve all the hate they get for spreading misinformation just for clicks and attention.

Edit: I'm sorry, I absolutely meant hate in a good and friendly way, not bad hate! Of course no one deserves hate!

Last edited:

Windows-PC

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Deserving hate"

Dude we are talking about a long 35 minutes trailer for video games. Calm down, take a tea or something.
I'm sorry, it was not meant like really bad hate, it was meant in a more friendly hate. I'm from germany and sometimes I can't express in English what exactly I meant. I definitely didn't meant it in a bad way, but I think they still should get called out for spreading misinformation.

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
User banned (1 day): Hostility
WNuOOu2.png

This is not speculation. If it's wrong he surely needs to be called out and disregarded.

ramboma

Jul 18, 2019
people were convinced a direct announcement is happening today, why are the few hours before announcements always so negative? people losing faith for no reason lol.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unrelated to whether Zippo is right or wrong, there's no need to hate on anyone (friendly or unfriendly lmao) just consider who you allow to colour discussion in this thread. If someone gets things wrong, just move on.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
And I personally won't take a look at any of this, as a great part of my enjoyment of BotW came from going in 99% blind. Only knew there were Guardians and Link could ride a horse (wow!) from one of the short trailers.

The BotW team certainly deserves my trust with this one after what they delivered in 2017.

Absolutely. My dream would be, "release late summer", and going in blind.

Since i know that won't happen, i hop the main trailer is not to spoiler heavy. but knowing them, it will be.
The last one was (the great one), and generally trailers have been quite spoiler heavy from gaming companies.

If the game is out really late, or even "next year", i know that i wont be able to wait.
especially since gifs will be everywhere, and i cant just ignore the internet.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Even in Germany there is no such thing as "freundlicher Hass" so the language barrier is no excuse. Hate is hate.

Sir Sonic

Jan 14, 2020
Usually people in these OTs are always thirsty for Directs (mainly because of discussion side of it) and under Nintendo Twitters you can find a lot of people nagging about it all the time

This is the only time I've seen this much enormous Thirst for a Direct outside of these two places!
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO US NINTENDO?

after AC:NH Nintendo's schedule is literally blank, Come on give us some info

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
Ehhhh no need to hate or even shun. Inside info on Nintendo giving news about video games isn't THAT serious. Speculation on our hobby should be fun not combative.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Name and shame them if they're wrong! /s

If they're wrong, just move on - plans change or sources can be wrong. Anyone who doesn't move on and actually gets upset is an idiot.

Aug 25, 2019
The announcements are always at 11 PM Japan time. The two different possible times are due to daylight saving time. So there's only one chance in 3 hours and 15 minutes
twitter.com

Nintendo of America on Twitter

“Tune in 9/4 at 3pm PT for a #NintendoDirect featuring roughly 40 minutes of information focused on 2019 #NintendoSwitch games, including #PokemonSwordShield and #LuigisMansion 3. https://t.co/d1Xx3bDbhq”

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Clearly all of these people saying they won't post in this thread again if it's not announced today is a sign that we need to get to OT6
Well there times where these threads turned into wastelands for a while.
Until people feel like there's hope again.
Döner sucks, Gyros is where the real stuff is.
I still don't really get the difference.
Is it the meat?

By the way, 3 hours left until disappointment.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Absolutely. My dream would be, "release late summer", and going in blind.

Since i know that won't happen, i hop the main trailer is not to spoiler heavy. but knowing them, it will be.
The last one was (the great one), and generally trailers have been quite spoiler heavy from gaming companies.

If the game is out really late, or even "next year", i know that i wont be able to wait.
especially since gifs will be everywhere, and i cant just ignore the internet.

I literally can't help myself from consuming basically every bit of BoTW content they put out plus watching 1000000 theory videos based off of 1 screenshot.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.