• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
WAIT WAIT WAIT
We still don't have a P5S release date outside Japan, for all we know P5R could really come out on Switch in the West before P5S.
Pipe dream, yeah, but a man can hope

Let me compare the situation: I'd rather expect Cyperpunk getting a Switch port than Persona 5 or 5 Royal.
And in my opinion, Cyberpunk will never get a Switch port. So that makes Persona more than impossible.

Get it on PS4, read the Manga, watch a YT playthrough and set your hopes to finally getting some SMT V updates. ^^

morning, folks.

Against my better judgement, here i am, ready to ride out these last few moments before either we are blessed with a Direct announcement, or we are condemned to continue our struggle in ignorance.

Just do me a favor, no more health-endangering alcoholic drinks related bets, okay? ;D

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Even if there is no direct announcement today I hope people don't come after Zippo. No insider has a perfect track record

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's time to end the repetitive conversations we have. The constant speculation we've done for 5 months wondering what Nintendo's lineup will be needs to come to an end! Please 🥺

Oct 28, 2017
So how confident are we now that it will be announced today? We got nothing to go on really, right? There must have been something meaningful among all these thousands of posts

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like there willl be an Animal Crossing direct next week and a general direct in march. I don't see them doing a AC direct over a month before release. Or maybe not, I'm stupid as hell and just want to post something into this void

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Just came back from a hot Yoga session this morning but all I could think about was a Nintendo direct and I could not focus hahahaha. Now I have to make a work presentation for this afternoon but I just cannot focus. Economic productivity declining due to a lack of a Nintendo Direct lol
Breaking News: World's economy breaking down in the near future due to lack of a Direct. Save us, Nintendo.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Let me compare the situation: I'd rather expect Cyperpunk getting a Switch port than Persona 5 or 5 Royal.
And in my opinion, Cyberpunk will never get a Switch port. So that makes Persona more than impossible.

Get it on PS4, read the Manga, watch a YT playthrough and set your hopes to finally getting some SMT V updates. ^^

Obviously I'm looking forwarding to SMTV, and I'm hoping to see news soon :D
As for Cyberpunk, no, it's definitely too much for the Switch. Which is what many thought about The Witcher 3 as well, but two different beasts imo.

I'll just get the manga, don't have a PS4 and can't/won't get one, I loathe the idea of being chained to a TV.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like there willl be an Animal Crossing direct next week and a general direct in march. I don't see them doing a AC direct over a month before release. Or maybe not, I'm stupid as hell and just want to post something into this void
Next week would be the AC Direct. That's not over a month.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Even if there is no direct announcement today I hope people don't come after Zippo. No insider has a perfect track record
Instead of "coming after" people should just never trust any supposedly insider. Even a good person might completely mislead everyone because of wrong information, for a long time.

See how gamexplain used in one of their videos a fake information around W101 as a real one.

It's too easy to be labelled as one even after being dead wrong on some details in a very "didn't know anything but still went for it" way.

So I'd say none should receive either a better or worse treatment. At least that's my thoughts.

Aug 25, 2019
Aight here is my Direct prediction:

The Direct will be on Friday. Normally, this wouldn't make sense, but this time it does. I remember a few people saying that yesterday was a special day in Japan or something, in any case a good reason for them not to announce anything. Well, maybe their original plan was to announce it Tuesday for Thursday. But they had to move everything by a day, so we'll get an announcement today for Friday.
Also, this would explain the Friday tweets of LeakyPandy ;)

If this is true, I want an apple pie from everyone in this thread.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Just imagine a scenario where no announcement happens today.

Just imagine.

*shivers*
g24N0JvgMjsjTaLUQWIwd1jbH_zHIQNBtuXgv5vSDzwTcKtNZrkuP4QTFCPLDQDdbQkqtgmetIPpZXCQo90JExuV6apx1aw6SA=s0-d

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
So how confident are we now that it will be announced today? We got nothing to go on really, right? There must have been something meaningful among all these thousands of posts
We might have no hard facts, but there are enough indicators making a Direct plausible. Not necessary, but plausible.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Instead of "coming after" people should just never trust any supposedly insider. Even a good person might completely mislead everyone because of wrong information, for a long time.

See how gamexplain used in one of their videos a fake information around W101 as a real one.

It's too easy to be labelled as one even after being dead wrong on some details in a very "didn't know anything but still went for it" way.

So I'd say none should receive either a better or worse treatment. At least that's my thoughts.
I can't help but have some mistrust or dislike towards them honestly. They put themselves in the firing line in all sort of ways for... what exactly? We saw recently with the Portuguese Pokemon leaker what can happen to these people, I honestly don't know why they bother.

Deleted member 53506

Banned
Feb 12, 2019

The Direct will be on Friday. Normally, this wouldn't make sense, but this time it does. I remember a few people saying that yesterday was a special day in Japan or something, in any case a good reason for them not to announce anything. Well, maybe their original plan was to announce it Tuesday for Thursday. But they had to move everything by a day, so we'll get an announcement today for Friday.

Come to terms with the fact that you will not get apple pie from any of us, then.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Same. Holiday or releasing before E3 2021 so I expect lots of demo stations setup for BotW 2 at E3 and segments for it at Treehouse
And I personally won't take a look at any of this, as a great part of my enjoyment of BotW came from going in 99% blind. Only knew there were Guardians and Link could ride a horse (wow!) from one of the short trailers.

The BotW team certainly deserves my trust with this one after what they delivered in 2017.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
I really feel like watching the japanese direct in case SMT5 or other cool game only show up there.

My only problem is that I watch it with a friend so our reactions might get seriously delayed as both directs probably would have different timings or even length if only slightly.

I can't help but have some mistrust or dislike towards them honestly. They put themselves in the firing line in all sort of ways for... what exactly? We saw recently with the Portuguese Pokemon leaker what can happen to these people, I honestly don't know why they bother.
Only very few if any do that for good reasons.

Many are most certainly just trying to build some kind of notoriety whether it's for work or just themselves.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018

Friday? Why? Doesn't make sense. Announce it today, air it tomorrow.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I have an "L" prepared for you

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Just do me a favor, no more health-endangering alcoholic drinks related bets, okay? ;D

😂 I mean I suppose it's better in the end that BoTW2 was not shown at TGA, since I have not been felled by alcohol poisoning.

My next bet will involve the mimosa flowers, which hopefully should not endanger my health

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
There was a Time where no Insiders where around to predict or give a hint on a possible Direct, remember? Pepperidge Farm Remembers

Gianko

Nov 1, 2017
ROME, ITALY
i don't get why a no general Direct this month. After march there are no Nintendo games planned and i think it could be stupid doing a Direct in that month to announce a game for april. They have to cover a lots of holes until june....i don't get it! this should be the year of overflow of games on Switch...i hope they don't do as usual putting the games all at the end of the summer till december.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
i don't get why a no general Direct this month. After march there are no Nintendo games planned and i think it could be stupid doing a Direct in that month to announce a game for april. They have to cover a lots of holes until june....i don't get it! this should be the year of overflow of games on Switch...i hope they don't do as usual putting the games all at the end of the summer till december.

Oh my dear Friend, there is a lot things that we don't get how Nintendo operates. Nintendo is so unpredictable sometimes that it hurts.

Deleted member 53506

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Did you not get the memo? Sony bought Nintendo and all their upcoming games will launch on PS5, exclusively. What you are looking for is a state of play announcement.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019

There probably will be more games between June-November, just seems like how Nintendo likes to do things.

Status
Not open for further replies.