• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020
Have we ever hypothesized a reason why Nintendo would have a rule against doing general directs in the second half of a month?

Like I know we're kind of all going with that since it's a pattern, but what would be the reasoning behind it?

it's a pattern that lasted for several years,...just like them announcing directs on twitter near 3:00PM Paris time

Jan 26, 2019
Hey, it's early okay? It's like ... 10 am and i'm sitting here at work struggling to stay awake thanks to a hard night with a sick child ... give me some time to get into the mood again!

:]

Solidarity with you from a person in the same exact situation. Although it's 9:10 in the GMT and I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet, so I very well might collapse before the clocks are reset.

EliR

Banned
Jan 22, 2020
Since there's a lot of non-direct talk going on. What do you guys reasonably expect from a potential February direct?

I think at least one Wii U port in the next 3 months, a teaser for Zelda, a new first party title, and a couple of third party ports.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Since there's a lot of non-direct talk going on. What do you guys reasonably expect from a potential February direct?

I think at least one Wii U port in the next 3 months, a teaser for Zelda, a new first party title, and a couple of third party ports.
I wonder when we'll see Zelda again considering it appears to be targeting 2021. I would be surprised if we saw it before E3 - and frankly, I wouldn't be surprised either if Zelda skips E3, too.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Star Fox Zero Port
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash Port
Animal Crossing Amibo Festival Port
a new Hey! Pikmin for Switch
Mario Party 12

one last thing:
New Super Mario Brothers Switch

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
Huh, interesting. My relatives in Germany and the UK all get paid on a monthly basis but I guess they don't really work in these jobs. When I worked freelance/contract work, I got paid at the end of the month as well.

Higher paid white collar stuff tends to be monthly like normal salaried employees.. manual labour, retail and the like is weekly if you're contracted...

A growing number of workers in the UK are contracted "permanently" so businesses can avoid employee rights such as the EU working time directive.. these people are paid weekly on the whole.

If you want to see the scummy future of post Brexit Britain Google 'zero hours contracts'

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
If I wanted to get P5 Scramble but didn't play P5, would reading the manga be a decent enough alternative?

Provided P5R isn't shadowdropped in tomorrow's Direct.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If I wanted to get P5 Scramble but didn't play P5, would reading the manga be a decent enough alternative?

Provided P5R isn't shadowdropped in tomorrow's Direct.

Considering that shadowdrop will only happen in your sweet dreams as of now, i'd say you might also look for some playthroughs on YT?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, not a single insider said anything about a Smash Bros presentation coming last month.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Also, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, not a single insider said anything about a Smash Bros presentation coming last month.

Nope, I can't remember anyone saying anything about a Smash presentation. Everyone just assumed that Fighter Pack 5 would be announced in a potential January Direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Or the Pokémon direct.
Yeah the Pokémon direct too...that speaks a lot to me. 2 video presentations and insiders haven't said anything
Zippo said a lot of things and if this month is not working out in his favour there's a lot more to doubt.

I'm rooting for him.

Nope, I can't remember anyone saying anything about a Smash presentation. Everyone just assumed that Fighter Pack 5 would be announced in a potential January Direct.
Yep.

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
Considering that shadowdrop will only happen in your sweet dreams as of now, i'd say you might also look for some playthroughs on YT?

WAIT WAIT WAIT
We still don't have a P5S release date outside Japan, for all we know P5R could really come out on Switch in the West before P5S.
Pipe dream, yeah, but a man can hope

Deleted member 53506

Banned
Feb 12, 2019
Contrary to last week, no one has told us not to expect a Direct this week. It's about as much of a hint as we can expect nowadays, I guess.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
morning, folks.

Against my better judgement, here i am, ready to ride out these last few moments before either we are blessed with a Direct announcement, or we are condemned to continue our struggle in ignorance.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Everything. My expectations are very high due to Nintendo's lack of news at TGA, the mediocre september direct (for me atleast) and the non news in january (because of Smash and Pokemon). They have to deliver now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of the outcome, today will be pretty interesting. Either there's a direct announced and everyone is happy, or there's none and we'll be able to disregard a lot of insiders people.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I have my own reasons to doubt a 2020 release (which I can't elaborate on, sorry), but none of the usual insiders or alleged insiders appearing to expect it for 2020 doesn't help.
Only Zell talked about it, said it was planned for 2020 last January/February

It will def launch before e3 2021 and be shown at e3 2020 anyway

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Regardless of the outcome, today will be pretty interesting. Either there's a direct announced and everyone is happy, or there's none and we'll be able to disregard a lot of insiders people.
Technically not since we could still get a Mini shadowdrop. But it'll definitely look like people are most likely less knowledgeable than they let on.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Would play even better with the teased update.
Alas, came too late for me anyways.
Good thing I'm pretty early. I might be able to try this famous update.

For now all I got was a few basic minor bugs I saw other people got. Only one made me restart the game though. Glad I could see a flying wolf at least once in my life.

It's my first time in the fun world of buggy western games.
Good thing it's extremely light compared to the many other games bugs my friends showed me.
Some are hilarious.

SerKwak

Apr 6, 2018
Just came back from a hot Yoga session this morning but all I could think about was a Nintendo direct and I could not focus hahahaha. Now I have to make a work presentation for this afternoon but I just cannot focus. Economic productivity declining due to a lack of a Nintendo Direct lol

Status
Not open for further replies.