• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Nintendo ERA is now like Rey in the last movie, we need the force from Zippo, Zell, Emily, Verge, Zhuge, Nate, etc.. we will rise, we are Nintendo SkywalkERA

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Is it just wishful thinking that people think one will be announced or has something been said?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
If there's no direct this week do we think that means no game in April? seems like they are cutting it a bit close.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Is it just wishful thinking that people think one will be announced or has something been said?
Zippo had said there will be two Directs in February. There's an embargo on some AC related stuff/accessories (as mentioned by multiple people itt) that expires on the 20th, so it would make sense to have either a general Direct featuring AC on that date, or an AC focused Direct. If it's the latter, that would leave a general Direct (or some other Direct, but what could it be?) for either this week or the week of the 27th, but Nintendo hasn't done a general Direct in the second half of the month since 2015, so that's why people expect it this week.

Tl;dr: Zippo said two Directs this month, and this week is the only week that makes sense for a general Direct.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Nintendo Directs are very successful marketing tools for Nintendo. They wouldn't wait from September all the way to March for the next one.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
If there are really two Directs this month like Zippo claimed then they should start announcing them soon since we are almost halfway through February.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't know why we think something is happening Thursday.
oS4Wqb0.gif

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
The sprites and UI are better. The fifth case of AA1 uses the touchscreen a bunch since it was developed for the DS (same with AA4 and the AAI games). The Switch port is pretty good, but if you already have the option I'd just go with the originals.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Will do then!

What's up, Nabbit? I owe you a PM response from a long time ago.... just saying. 😬😁

Yep I think it was April or so of last year, I remember writing to you when we were in Tasmania. No worries tho!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And it makes sense. Nintendo has to reveal their schedule from April and beyond. We're 2 months away from April. This is the distance they'd announce Wii U ports. They're not waiting until March to announce April games. Nate has said the first half of 2020 will be good starting from AC.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Essentially not having a direct in february means no april releases.
Considering what Emily said about the lineup, it seems unlikely to me.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We basically know Pikmin 3 or 3D World is coming the first half of 2020. April makes the most sense for whichever is coming. The direct would have to be this month just for that announcement alone

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be fun being here tomorrow. It either gives us a Direct or a war against insiders goes up.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
I kindly ask to moderators to ban my account until E3 if we dont have an announcement tomorrow.
Thanks,

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
the darned crogmire or whatever the fuck

I've got about 25 missiles, 4 super missiles, and the charge blaster. I've been told that's enough but ughhh

once I give up on a part I really struggle to pick it back up, too
You just charge beam the mouth to push him back.

Also you should look for more missiles in general.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
AC direct on the 20th and then a general direct 5th March is what I'm starting to lean towards seeing as there doesn't seem to be much coming from the usuals about this week. Which would mean if there was an April game it will be be late in April/a casual game. Kind of like the announcement before the release of Labo.

Oct 6, 2019
So I heard in the previous pages someone claims that zippo wanted to mean that on the next week could be The Ac Direct and the general direct. Well, since that zippo voted for the 12th-13th on february, there is no doubt that, for him, the nintendo direct will be on 13th, and not later on.
EQh6PCyVAAA3bBo

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20200212/index.html I get this
The page you specified could not be found.

The page you tried to access may have been deleted, changed, or is no longer available.
Sorry to trouble you, but the top of the Nintendo website,
Or please search from the menu at the top.
thats no different than if you put in a fake date. Just means they have nothing yet.
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20200350/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.