• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KAG

Sep 12, 2018
So for all my believers in a general Nintendo Direct and an Animal Crossing Direct. Are we purposing that Nintendo will announce a Nintendo Direct that states that they will not be covering Animal Crossing in the Direct? Or are they going to somehow split the information between the 2 Directs?

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Oof this is worrying. It would be really annoying if Nintendo made us wait until March before a direct. I don't mind if there's nothing interesting outside of Animal Crossing in the first half I just want to know something exciting is coming in the second half. Xenoblade DE is cool but I already played that.
The first half is good with releases. There's more than Animal Crossing.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
TBH Guys, now really start to doubt that any Direct is this Month, tomorrow is the last stand, then I really don't have any freaking clue what the hell Nintendo is doing. Besides Animal Crossing and some 3rd Party Games, the Line-Up looks more and more dryer...

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I won't give up until tomorrow. If no Direct is announced tomorrow then I will switch to Team Smarch.

Only half-serious
That on the other hand sounds already more reasonable to me. If there's no Direct this week, March becomes more likely indeed.

Glad you're at least only half-serious. :p

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I've actually given up on the hype. I figure it comes when it comes and in the meantime I'm playing Fire Emblem. There's two things so far I dislike about the game but this is obviously not the thread for that. Otherwise I love this game.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
can we please at least wait until tomorrow before we start the Doom phase of the cycle? 😩

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Maybe Nintendo has not so big new unannounced things to share. And that's why the not have to hurry to give a Direct. I hope that i am wrong. But it is a possibility

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
The first half is good with releases. There's more than Animal Crossing.

See this is the reason why I can't imagine Nintendo waiting till March or April with a Direct because they have to announce and market those supposed good releases. April would be way too late and even March would be a tad too late imo.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I see we are still floating between the first and second step of grief.

Come on fam, tomorrow is another day!

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
They don't have to care about my opion.

But when she say names of the games that coming this year. And the direct is coming and the games are in there. She shows i am a real insider.
Dude, we've had these discussions in the past as well.

Its quite simple; if insider x would be given trustworthy information in good faith by some industry person and the deal is "please don't share this with anyone. I shared these pieces of information because I trust you"

Afterwards, the receiver of said information throws everything on the web. Because Internet fame. Industry person is mad, receiver broke their trust and you can bett your furry little DK butt that Nintendo will know exactly where to look. Nintendo will break ties with you.

I mean, look up the thread from today where Nintendo openly shamed the guys who leaked new mons in Pokémon Sword and Shield.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
can we please at least wait until tomorrow before we start the Doom phase of the cycle? 😩

200.webp

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
See this is the reason why I can't imagine Nintendo waiting till March or April with a Direct because they have to announce and market those supposed good releases. April would be way too late and even March would be a tad too late imo.
Exactly...Eden with ports Nintendo gives them 2 months reveal to release. They're not waiting until March to announce April games and Nate keeps repeating first half will be good.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I think people need to remember that Nintendo Directs are not just for Nintendo anymore. If a Direct isn't gonna happen until March then that would mean it's been nearly (or maybe even over) half a year since the last Direct, and for third parties who want that Direct buzz such a wait might simply be too late.

Also right now the only major third party games that are upcoming for the Switch are ones that were announced ages ago (Doom, Gods & Monsters, Deadly Premonition 2, etc) or ones published by THQ Nordic which historically doesn't appear in Directs all that much (Metro, Saints Row IV). For most of the major publishers there really isn't anything big on the horizon which definitely points to there being a potentially large number of 3rd party titles that are waiting for a Direct to be annonuced.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I think people need to remember that Nintendo Directs are not just for Nintendo anymore. If a Direct isn't gonna happen until March then that would mean it's been nearly (or maybe even over) half a year since the last Direct, and for third parties who want that Direct buzz such a wait might simply be too late.

Also right now the only major third party games that are upcoming for the Switch are ones that were announced ages ago (Doom, Gods & Monsters, Deadly Premonition 2, etc) or ones published by THQ Nordic which historically doesn't appear in Directs all that much (Metro, Saints Row IV). For most of the major publishers there really isn't anything big on the horizon which definitely points to there being a potentially large number of 3rd party titles that are waiting for a Direct to be annonuced.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm not sure what you're trying to say

Basically:
1) Nintendo Directs are a major platform for both Nintendo's own games but also third party titles
2) Third party games releasing in the near future won't want there games to be announced too late, same with Nintendo
3) There are few known third party games at the moment which points to a potentially large number of third party games waiting for a Direct to be announced
I'm essentially just pointing to why a March or beyond Direct simply wouldn't make sense. There's too much riding on Directs to leave them that late into the year.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Dude, we've had these discussions in the past as well.

Its quite simple; if insider x would be given trustworthy information in good faith by some industry person and the deal is "please don't share this with anyone. I shared these pieces of information because I trust you"

Afterwards, the receiver of said information throws everything on the web. Because Internet fame. Industry person is mad, receiver broke their trust and you can bett your furry little DK butt that Nintendo will know exactly where to look. Nintendo will break ties with you.

I mean, look up the thread from today where Nintendo openly shamed the guys who leaked new mons in Pokémon Sword and Shield.

When sources don't want to take that risk. Then the must not give inside information to people like Emily You know the risk when you are doing that.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Wednesday was always going to be the announcement day if the first two events of the year are anything to go by. If it's not announced tomorrow then, frankly, I'll just be baffled as to wtf Nintendo's strategy is here.

Yeah I'm kinda at the point where I have very little doubt that it's tomorrow and the Direct will be Thursday. Because if it's not then something very odd is going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.