• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesehead302

Jun 7, 2019
10 am EST has been the announcement time for a while now, but wasn't the last one or two announced after that? Or am I making that up?

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Given how you expect either a new Donkey Kong Country game or MK10 or Diddy Kong Racing as the holiday game, and nothing else, I don't think you would be that good at that game.

When Zelda and a 3d Mario are not coming this holiday. I expect a Mk game that is not so strange. I never expected a new Donkey Kong game as there holiday title. I said maybe Retro worked on a dkc before prime 4 and than it is coming out before the holidays.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Lmao. "Have respect for people" and "shut you mouth" in the same post. Perfect.

Can we all just get back to counting down to tomorrow's potential announcement? The rain clouds may yet reach the desert and bring new life.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Again I wanna ask...would you be happier with: random seasonal directs and the anticipation/disappointment that surrounds them or would you rather a guaranteed 20-minute direct every 2 months?

I feel like people love the ride of the former but over time they'd be happy with the latter. I'd have to imagine people are getting exhausted of resetting the clock.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Again I wanna ask...would you be happier with: random seasonal directs and the anticipation/disappointment that surrounds them or would you rather a guaranteed 20-minute direct every 2 months?

I feel like people love the ride of the former but over time they'd be happy with the latter. I'd have to imagine people are getting exhausted of resetting the clock.

I'd prefer the former. That way each Direct can have multiple big announcements.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

It's perfect how it is right now.
We pretty much know exactly when General Directs are going to be anyway.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I heard Nintendo is going 3rd party because no Direct was announced? Is it true!?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For once I think I'm glad I can't see tweets at work lol

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I wasn't making fun of you, friend. I was saying that we shouldn't judge at all actually - we don't need to label people as "weird" when we can try and understand all of the reasons that make internet conversations sometimes so difficult.

That's all I was trying to say. Sorry if that came across otherwise.
Your post was perfectly fine, don't worry about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.