• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Wow this is interesting for several reasons. AC seems a big game for Nintendo, even if the gameplay loop can't really be summarized in a 3 hour session an event explaining all the new features seems a given, maybe it will be early next month but doing 2 close events now seems kind of strange.

And thb Mistery Dungeon doesn't "deserve" a full press event, so there's a high possibility that XC DE or even other unnanounced games are there, which makes me more optimistic about a Direct soon.
They did an event for fitness boxing so it very well could be PMD event.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Guys, it's simple: there's clearly something happening this week. If Animal Crossing Direct, it will be announced today. If General Direct, it will be announced tomorrow.
if we don't get anything today, changes for the general Direct are very high. Still sticking to what Zippo said about two directs this month.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, working night shifts is no joke. I hope you don't have to do this regularly.
Yeah it's not joke. It's not fun going against your sleep. I manage. I try to get as much rest during the day.

I was just thinking that. A lot of patience compared to previous years. I think it clearly helped that we had a February Direct before, so I think everyone already had the 13th down as the worst case scenario, meaning January wasn't all that negative in the end.

That said... if we got nothing this week, I think it could kick off a bit around here!!
Right in our heads because of last year we thought February 13 would kind of be the "end date" so its made it a little easier. If there's no direct though well...all heck is breaking loose lol
We are almost there so please don't get yourself banned again like last time Dark Cloud
Even I felt the pain lol
It was bad timing for sure lol

Adhrast

Jan 17, 2018
While it's a Pokémon game, it's a remake of a spin-off, would Nintendo really host a press event like this for a PMD game?
While everything can be, I don't really think that would be needed. If anything, I'd see it more likely to be about XC1 honestly.
If not for Nate, though, I would have bet it was for AC.
Well, I guess we're finding out soon anyway.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Uh, so did anything happen? I checked all the insiders' posts and nothing strikes me as particularly noteworthy from their side, and yet this thread jumped like 18 pages in 2 hours or so lol.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was in the trenches for the early 2018 bloodbath, I have seen it all. Still, bursts like this when America sleeps typically don't happen unless some people interpret something as a big deal (I guess that's what happened with the influencer invitations?).
I feel like today would've been a quiet day around the usual 6 am Pacific time, but Mandy Candy ignited a flame for a possible announcement today

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The main reason we think a direct is happening on the 20th for AC is because the poster who said a company had to take AC images down was for an embargo until the 20th.

I don't know if there has to be a direct that day. Maybe Nintendo just wanted it to be the 20th for some AC images and they're doing the AC direct on the 27th. I wouldn't necessarily rule out February 27th.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
The main reason we think a direct is happening on the 20th for AC is because the poster who said a company had to take AC images down was for an embargo until the 20th.

I don't know if there has to be a direct that day. Maybe Nintendo just wanted it to be the 20th for some AC images and they're doing the AC direct on the 27th. I wouldn't necessarily rule out February 27th.
I am so hyped for both general and AC Directs but I hope general is first. The AC Direct would be all doom and gloom here otherwise so that would be sad. Also I need to get excited for after AC (even if AC is the biggest switch release ever for me)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am so hyped for both general and AC Directs but I hope general is first. The AC Direct would be all doom and gloom here otherwise so that would be sad. Also I need to get excited for after AC (even if AC is the biggest switch release ever for me)
Yeah if the AC Direct were to come first there'd be so much complaining. General first then AC second makes everyone happy. I think most of us expect AC to show up in the general direct anyways.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
you still don't tweet out announcements without anyone present in the office for questions. normally at least. if there's a direct i think it will get announced tomorrow.

I mean, I won't pretend to know how Nintendo runs things, but a lot of companies actually do. Plus, when you have offices different places in the world, you don't necessarily schedule posts like that around the holiday of one of them.

Not saying that it couldn't be a factor, just saying that it doesn't erase the possibility of an announcement (if a Direct is indeed coming Wednesday)

ScottAustin

Jan 31, 2020
National Foundation Day (the February 11th holiday in Japan) ends in 5 hours, when midnight strikes for February 12th. There is no reason a Nintendo Direct announcement can't happen at 7AM PST/10AM EST.

ScottAustin

Jan 31, 2020

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Not always. In 2017, all the Directs were announced an hour later than that, at the time I'm proposing.
twitter.com

Nintendo of America on Twitter

“Nintendo Direct incoming! Tune in 4/12 at 3 PM PT.”
twitter.com

“Tune in Sept. 13 @ 3pm PT for a new Nintendo Direct featuring upcoming #NintendoSwitch and #3DS titles. https://t.co/98jGsmJzP9”
That's 11 pm JST. Dailight Saving Time is not a thing in Japan.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
Not always. In 2017, all the Directs were announced an hour later than that, at the time I'm proposing.
twitter.com

“Nintendo Direct incoming! Tune in 4/12 at 3 PM PT.”
twitter.com

“Tune in Sept. 13 @ 3pm PT for a new Nintendo Direct featuring upcoming #NintendoSwitch and #3DS titles. https://t.co/98jGsmJzP9”
but that was due time saving, if you showed us jp announcement tweets it would be 11pm jst

Status
Not open for further replies.