• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure I am ready to lose myself in XBC1 all over again for 80+ hours but I am happy for the people that are playing it for the first time.

I say this being fully aware that I'll be there day one if the game has substantial changes from the original.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I'm so hyped, like it's weird. I've never played Xenoblade 1, I've only played Xenoblade 2 and Torna, but I have wanted to play Xenoblade 1 since 2014. I kept helding off because of the price of snagging a Wii copy, but then the new 3DS port came...but it was 2015 and I barely touch my 3DS, so I didn't want to play it that way (but considered it). Later when the Wii virtual console port came to Wii U, I considered buying it like four different times and stopped myself, thinking "if the Switch will get X, I will wait for a port of the first one to come to Switch", then a remake for Switch is announced.

Like, damn. I am so excited :D (I haven't spoiled myself on Xeno 1, it will be nearly a fresh experience for me!)
Feeling the same! And good on you for not touching the 3DS port. It doesn't do the game justice imo. Definitely a game you wanna play in all its glory. The 3DS port was a respectable achievement, no doubt, but the game couldn't shine on the hardware.

Faxeo

Apr 21, 2019
soooo do you think the announcement will be made today or tomorrow? Of nintendo direct of course

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure I am ready to lose myself in XBC1 all over again for 80+ hours but I am happy for the people that are playing it for the first time.

I say this being fully aware that I'll be there day one if the game has substantial changes from the original.
The fact we actually get to go to the Bionis' shoulder without hacks means the story has to change somewhat. Unless it's some post game or optional area

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Man I go to bed and shit happens

I can totally see a Direct announcement happen today (it will be announced later for Japan)

Hype

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I'm starting to get a little anxious. This really is it. The week we've been waiting for. I just want to see all the new games. The biggest drought between directs we've had in Switch era. We've been really patient I would say.
I was just thinking that. A lot of patience compared to previous years. I think it clearly helped that we had a February Direct before, so I think everyone already had the 13th down as the worst case scenario, meaning January wasn't all that negative in the end.

That said... if we got nothing this week, I think it could kick off a bit around here!!

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
If the announcement is today (in Barcelona is 9:30 AM right now), when it will be announced if Nintendo does it at the same time as the previous Directs?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I wouldn't read into it
Read?

Damn, I can't believe we're finally getting a sequel to 100 Classic Book Collection (it's a first-party title!)

71mQzTj4jyL._AC_SX430_.jpg

Last edited:

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Good good. What if Super Mario Party 2 is the June game? I checked and they did release a handful of Mario Party games outside of the holiday season including one of them in June
Hm, it's hard to say. June would be plausible. SMP is one of the "huge" selling games that could actually have a 4 month turn around like Mario maker 2.

I might still lean fall. If there is a price drop this year in the fall I feel like Mario party is the type of franchise to benefit a lot (not that it wouldn't still benefit if it released in june…)
I think SMP2 won't hit the 10+ of SMP, but 6m+ should be a lock.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Thank you for all the responses!

I hope today or tomorrow we have an announcement, I'm not as active as some of you in the thread but I have been waiting for a Direct since mid January too.

All the Youtubers going to a press event is clearly an indicator, but I fear it's an AC event (maybe this week's Direct is AC's who knows) and nothing else, maybe XC DE.

There's precedent of the press doing a preview event for games that have not been announced in a Direct?

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I gotta sleep now but I'm with you crazy people in spirit. Tomorrow or Wednesday... an announcement will be made.

Believe.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for all the responses!

I hope today or tomorrow we have an announcement, I'm not as active as some of you in the thread but I have been waiting for a Direct since mid January too.

All the Youtubers going to a press event is clearly an indicator, but I fear it's an AC event (maybe this week's Direct is AC's who knows) and nothing else, maybe XC DE.

There's precedent of the press doing a preview event for games that have not been announced in a Direct?

Yes, A Link Between Worlds had previews go up immediately after announcement IIRC

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Japan had press previews for Pokemon Home just the other day.......

Last edited:

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Nate said that it wasn't for AC.
Wow this is interesting for several reasons. AC seems a big game for Nintendo, even if the gameplay loop can't really be summarized in a 3 hour session an event explaining all the new features seems a given, maybe it will be early next month but doing 2 close events now seems kind of strange.

And thb Mistery Dungeon doesn't "deserve" a full press event, so there's a high possibility that XC DE or even other unnanounced games are there, which makes me more optimistic about a Direct soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.