• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo usually demo more than one game during these preview events.
There's a chance right? No way they only went for Mystery Dungeon? Or am I kidding myself lol

With influencers playing Mystery Dungeon and still no date for Pokemon HOME, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Pokémon Direct this week. There's a lot we don't know and what better place to announce it than in a Direct? Bring it on, Nintendo!
Stop it Doug!

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With influencers playing Mystery Dungeon and still no date for Pokemon HOME, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Pokémon Direct this week. There's a lot we don't know and what better place to announce it than in a Direct? Bring it on, Nintendo!
thatsbait.gif

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
My guess is something small or something we have seen, but if they did fly people out for something else my guess would be it's what the Mario Kart team has been working on.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade is seen as one of the best Nintendo game of the decade.

I really can't wait to play it for the first time.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is something small or something we have seen, but if they did fly people out for something else my guess would be it's what the Mario Kart team has been working on.
I disagree. This is basically influencers. It's not all big media. If something brand new was there then lots of media would come too.

A Mystery Dungeon/Animal Crossing double headliner would make sense except it's not Animal Crossing. Not sure why they didn't do it so the press and influencers can play both in one trip.
The only thing I can really think of is

Nintendo

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I disagree. This is basically influencers. It's not all big media. If something brand new was there then lots of media would come too.
I should have specified that if it's something significant and entirely new my guess would be it's what the Mario Kart team is working on. Something like Arms is heavily impression based and it would fit. As I said I do think it's something small and/or that we have already seen.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I don't really see why they would bother having people play a short demo of Animal Crossing. There's nothing about the experience of Animal Crossing that can be condensed down to a playable demo.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
would they have a WHOLE direct for remake (I.e.Xenoblade DE)?

bruh if we get a Zelda specific direct I will ascend to a spiritual plane, yall feel me??

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I'm gonna warn y'all, even tho its not gonna makes you any less mad when your hype is blown, but when they do pressers like this isnt it for things like LABO or fit adventure? new physical accessories no one was expecting?

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
would they have a WHOLE direct for remake (I.e.Xenoblade DE)?

bruh if we get a Zelda specific direct I will ascend to a spiritual plane, yall feel me??
I feel like we could get a short Xenoblade Direct close to release. I mean they have had a 40 minute presentation just for one Smash character before ^_^;

Zelda Direct is definitely going to happen eventually I think!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna warn y'all, even tho its not gonna makes you any less mad when your hype is blown, but when they do pressers like this isnt it for things like LABO or fit adventure? new physical accessories no one was expecting?
They did those after they were announced, not before. This is also only certain influencers. This makes sense to be something known already

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
I can't be in this thread anymore. People are expecting too much as always. I can foresee the cries of disappointment and I don't want to be associated with it lol.

Kyu

Banned
Jan 20, 2020
Super Mario Party sold so well that they won't learn from their mistakes. Boards were awful. Not being able to play 50 turns was awful. VERY long cutscenes during gameplay.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
7Of2VT4_d.jpg

ScottAustin

Jan 31, 2020
Does Sony have exclusive rights to Tetris Effect? It'd be interesting seeing that announced for Switch with Labo VR support!

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are we really doing this again lol. Also why the hell did they bring back the post count in threads? Please delete any evidence of shame in the burning chibi thread, thanks.

FGPack

Jan 19, 2020
Italy
Xenoblade is seen as one of the best Nintendo game of the decade.

I really can't wait to play it for the first time.
It's not just best Nintendo game of the decade. It's one of the best JRPGs ever made, really.

About all the madness happening we gotta believe!!! Only 6 hours until possible Direct announcement! The moment that we are waiting for so much time is approaching! I'm really feeling it!!!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not getting any sleep tonight. I'll be awake for the next 6 straight hours. Ugh lol

edit. I have to work so I'm up no matter what.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't we get an announcement tomorrow, if a Direct is happening this week? Or are we on a "announcement two days in advance" cylce right now?
If we go by what Nintendo has done the past 2 years then they would announce the direct on Wednesday 9 am Eastern for the direct to be on Thursday (it's 32 hours before)

Some "possible leaker" on twitter said the direct is on Wednesday which means it would have to be announced on Tuesday 9 am Eastern.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I'm about to fall asleep. See you all in six-seven hours :P

What's the possibility of a direct announcement in the morning versus wednesday morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.