• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What would get more eyes on Animal Crossing? A General Direct with a new trailer that announces a dedicated direct the following week, or them doing an Animal Crossing Direct first, which might rile up the non-AC fans who really want a direct?

What's the smartest play?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Direct announcement for Thursday on Wednesday, with a trailer for AC and announcing a 20-40 minute AC focused Direct for next week incoming.

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I pre that we will get a genral direct with the foucus on Animal Crossing

I rather have a general direct with no focus but when they show ACNH then I'm hoping they confirm the AC direct for next week.

So AC direct this week, it seems.

General on the 27th? Or 20th?

Nope, General Direct this week and AC Direct next week, media still has to go back home and edit the videos, etc.

I'm thinking the AC Direct for the 20th and media has embargo until the 20th.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
So are we thinking a general direct on Thursday, and an Animal Crossing direct on the 20th (due to the embargo)?

I think it will be general on the 13th and AC on the 20th, which also gives more AC outlets to prepare news/videos (if they just got flown in today).

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes me think AC direct then this week.
Not really. They do these events on a game or games to have previews ready for a week or so later. This can lineup more with an AC direct for next week c

Direct announcement for Thursday on Wednesday, with a trailer for AC and announcing a 20-40 minute AC focused Direct for next week incoming.
I think you meant announcement on Wednesday for General Direct on Thursday, but yeah I agree.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Could still be a general direct this week then an Animal Crossing direct next week, giving journalists and influencers a little bit to get their articles and videos created and ready for release if they were only just at the event.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I love y'all, but it feels a little unhealthy to toil over every little word and detail "insiders" or whoever says. Enjoy the hype and build-up. Let the chips fall where they may. There's obviously some fun stuff on the (New) Horizon(s)*. No need to stress over the details so much.

*I obviously don't have any inside info, just couldn't resist the pun.

bixente

Jan 27, 2019
I'll take any Direct honestly. I'm desperate. Prefer a General Direct but Animal Crossing info would be cool.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Man, if it is a AC direct this week(meaning no general for at least another month)...it's not going to be pretty here

HawKLiam

May 29, 2018
United States
Preparing myself for not much new info to be shown. They arent gonna blow the cap off of this first quarter of the year without saving the bulk news for E3. At least we'll see a summer title and maybe a fall/holiday title to drive momentum.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Preparing myself for not much new info to be shown. They arent gonna blow the cap off of this first quarter of the year without saving the bulk news for E3. At least we'll see a summer title and maybe a fall/holiday title to drive momentum.

Well last year we pretty much knew the whole lineup at the end of the Feb direct.

HawKLiam

May 29, 2018
United States
they sure didn't save the bulk for E3 last year
not every year is guaranteed to have the same amount of releases, 2018 lost the momentum 2017 started with and 2019 has been somewhat able to pick up the speed again. We already have a slight expectation of what half of 2020 is, this direct wont be massive all thing considered.
Well last year we pretty much knew the whole lineup at the end of the Feb direct.
in terms of major first party titles youre absolutely right, we knew pokemon, MM2, Links awakening, luigis mansion (which was revealed the direct before). but thats still not a lot for a single direct.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
not every year is guaranteed to have the same amount of releases, 2018 lost the momentum 2017 started with and 2019 has been somewhat able to pick up the speed again. We already have a slight expectation of what half of 2020 is, this direct wont be massive all thing considered.

in terms of major first party titles youre absolutely right, we knew pokemon, MM2, Links awakening, luigis mansion (which was revealed the direct before). but thats still not a lot for a single direct.

That's true. I guess BOTW 2 is the big wild card here. If it is coming out this year, that is (obviously) a big piece of the puzzle. If not, the whole thing is wide open.

Personally I like saving a surprise or two for E3

DoctorDave

Nov 6, 2019
Going by previous years, general directs are announced the day before and this year we're expecting them to air on a thursday. As the days go by, I wish more and more for nothing to be announced tomorrow, because that would probably be an AC direct rather than the general one... So strangely, here's hoping Nintendo remains silent tomorrow 9AM EST!

HawKLiam

May 29, 2018
United States
That's true. I guess BOTW 2 is the big wild card here. If it is coming out this year, that is (obviously) a big piece of the puzzle. If not, the whole thing is wide open.

Personally I like saving a surprise or two for E3

That's what im thinking, like hypothetically speaking if we're looking at the rumored games to be announced we have a 2d metroid (excluding prime 4 and trilogy as those would be revealed released relatively close to each other, paper mario, mario kart, the wii u ports of 3d world and maybe pikmin3, and zelda (if we're lucky). while its a lot to unpack I would still like to think they would hold out off revealing all of those games too soon as it would kill some of the momentum they have for e3.

it wouldnt take anything away from the anticipation or sales of the games releases, but im just not sure if all of these titles are even coming out this year looking back at how 2018-19 have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.