• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
How many more times will I have to watch that E3 2019 presentation of Animal Crossing until we finally get new infos...
And we still have to wait 10 more days before the AC Direct, fans of a Nintendo franchise never had to suffer as much as what we, the Animal Crossing lovers, are currently are going through now. 8 straight months without any new infos... We got a recap in a Direct for stuff we already knew...

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
the only Nintendo IP that mean nothing to me are Fire Emblem and Xenoblade

I don't like Sports or Racing games either but I won't speak ill of the dead

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
How many more times will I have to watch that E3 2019 presentation of Animal Crossing until we finally get new infos...
And we still have to wait 10 more days before the AC Direct, fans of a Nintendo franchise never had to suffer as much as what we, the Animal Crossing lovers, are currently are going through now.
If you mean 10 in binary, then yes.

Jan 11, 2018
Tell me about it, man. Got into Metroid hardcore after playing Samus Returns like 4 times in a row when it released and then in 2018 or 19 or so I played through every 2d game. However, before that, I bought the Prime Trilogy when it released on Wii U, and I got all the way to the end of Prime 1 except for the fetch quest at the end for the Chozo runes you need. Never fully.beat the last section, and never moved on to Prime 2 and 3 because 2017 was when I became a Switch addict through and through. Now, I desperately want to play them all but I keep waiting and waiting for it to come to the Switch. I know I could just turn on my Wii U but I really want these games for the Switch. Going by the firat game, they're like 2d Metroid games where I'll want to replay them.again and again, and the Switch would be where it's at for that.

There is absolutely no reason not to play Echoes and Corruption now if you have them. Don't wait for a game that may not even exist.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
4ajnL.jpg

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And we still have to wait 10 more days before the AC Direct, fans of a Nintendo franchise never had to suffer as much as what we, the Animal Crossing lovers, are currently are going through now. 8 straight months without any new infos... We got a recap in a Direct for stuff we already knew...
You should start watching the September Direct of Animal Crossing information now.

PillFencer

Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Aren't general Directs always within the first two weeks of a month?
General directs don't happen in second half of the month. If its not this week its not this month.
Those general Directs all aired during the 2nd half of the month:
October 2011, December 2011, February 2012, April 2012, June 2012, August 2012, October 2012, January 2013, February 2013, April 2013, May 2013, July 2013, December 2013, August 2014, May 2015

Since then, not many general Directs, only 2 a year starting from 2016.

No. It'll be a holiday in Japan.
Doesn't matter, tweets are automated. It's always announced at 11 pm there anyway.

Last edited:

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Those general Directs all aired during the 2nd half of the month:
October 2011, December 2011, February 2012, April 2012, June 2012, August 2012, October 2012, January 2013, February 2013, April 2013, May 2013, July 2013, December 2013, August 2014, May 2015

Since then, not many general Directs, only 2 a year starting from 2016.

Doesn't matter, tweets are automated.
Regions can tweet things out at different times.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
gah please for the love of god announce a direct. This quarter suckssss, no next gen news. And great games aren't coming until later next month. Arafsgdjdjdbc snsndbc

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Doesn't matter, tweets are automated. It's always announced at 11 pm there anyway.
They'll want independent outlets to report on the announcement as well. Publications like 4Gamer, Famitsu and Dengeki will be closed, so they would have to plan their articles on beforehand (which means those articles must have been sitting on the servers ready to be published for more than 12 hours now).

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
is Cooking Mama the ultimate video game riches to rags story

it burned so brightly, but so briefly

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019

it's been a long wait but we are almost there.
Hopefully some new footage soon and in a few weeks we will get to play the game. Just a little bit longer

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Man why do you guys keep doing this with Nates
Comments?? Seriously Nate is just asking questions. Stop taking Nate seriously
He never says anything about directs in the past.

I read into it too much and took it out of context. I also was just answering with my thoughts on how I viewed the poll question.

This is exactly what annoys so many insiders too. They can't even ask questions without being hounded lol

I don't think anyone hounded Nate, all I said was I hoped he would clarify his comment. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.