• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
Given that mocolostrocolos is spanish and that he talked about Samus Returns in 2016 and a new Metroid 2D game about 2018's end, I'm pretty sure the game is being produced by MercurySteam.

Edit: It was early 2018, actually. More than two years ago.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
i predict that despite everyone going on record to say that any announcement will happen Wednesday, we will have our 57th meltdown at tomorrow's silence.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Hey boss, got a weird internet order here came in just now. This guy wants a large pizza with the toppings arranged to look like a "morph ball". Do you know what the hell they all talking bout?"

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
my challenge to the biggest posters here is that, come Friday, if there's no Direct, just take Friday and the weekend off and log out. that's what I'm going to do

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Emily told us last Monday to abandon hope for the week right? Hopefully if it's not coming we hear the same today

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I wish I could change my taste in game or force myself to like more stuff so that I don't just sit and wait for games I want to be revealed.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
At least we'll have clarity about a direct for the coming days on wednesday. Whatever the outcome, I'll definitely log out of Era for a while then.

This whole process is becoming tiring.

ViperViking

Jan 15, 2019
Emily told us last Monday to abandon hope for the week right? Hopefully if it's not coming we hear the same today
Right, last Monday she said no general direct. Then Zippo agreed, and Nate said no direct at all when people speculated about an AC direct. I would guess that we would have an insider say that it's not coming today, if it's not.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
plot twist: they decide to save all the Metroid stuff for the launch of the Switch 2, so we get Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Prime 4, Metroid 5, and Metroid Prime Pinball 2 all on launch day

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Some of Luigi's Mansion 3 bosses do the Nintendo Boss template in a very nice way.

Instead of having you figure out the sequence once and then have you repeat two more times, a lot of these bosses will switch it up and throw something different at you.

This doesn't apply to all of them, but even those that don't do that are fun in their own right.

Combat is generally the relatively weaker part of the package, but these boss fights are almost always a really good time.

Good ass game, this Luigi's Mansion 3.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Sometimes I wish I could change my taste in game or force myself to like more stuff so that I don't just sit and wait for games I want to be revealed.
That would make things a lot easier, yeah. But I guess as a RPG fan I can't even complain too much right now (or even for the last two years, heh).

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Some of Luigi's Mansion 3 bosses do the Nintendo Boss template in a very nice way.

Instead of having you figure out the sequence once and then have you repeat two more times, a lot of these bosses will switch it up and throw something different at you.

This doesn't apply to all of them, but even those that don't do that are fun in their own right.

Combat is generally the relatively weaker part of the package, but these boss fights are almost always a really good time.

Good ass game, this Luigi's Mansion 3.
A lot of bosses in the prime trilogy do this too, and some in 2d metroid games.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Do we know for sure that Nintendo wouldn't announce a direct on a Japanese holiday? Is there precedent for that? It seems like it'd be really easy to just schedule a tweet.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
It's easier to list things I don't like....like jrpg's, which narrows down a lot when it comes to the switch.
if you haven't played celeste your soul is not yet fully actualized

celeste was a spiritual journey for me, partially because I'm god awful at platformers. anyone, if you're bad at videogames like me, you need to play celeste

Status
Not open for further replies.