• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
The Thousand-Year Door beats Paper Mario 64 for me simply by virtue of having way more fun Badges and superior world-building, even if the novelty of Paper Mario 64 allows it to get away with the cast mainly being comprised of existing Mario races.

That's the standard I hold the Mario series in terms of how it can evolve beyond the traditional Mushroom Kingdom cast and world. Super Paper Mario tried to go even bolder in a few areas, but they got really complacent with the uninspired geometrical style.
I think ttyd has "highers highs and lower lows" and pm64 is just some more consistent perfection, but love both games.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'm tired of the whole thing tbh, public teasing is just clout chasing and it feels like every month there's a new person on Twitter leading people on and they fall for it every time.

Sometimes these accounts clearly don't have anything but because they've defined themselves entirely around "being an insider" they still have to pretend they have something. I find them pathetic quite frankly.

We have some legitimately great people on this forum who aren't wreckless with what they know nor do they seek "internet fame" - they just want to add to the conversation which feels wildly different to whoever the flavour of the month on Twitter is.

Please predict Symphony of the Night for the Switch so it becomes real.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
So here is a question for you. When the Direct inevitably and definitely airs this Thursday. What SNES games are you hoping they shadow drop on SNES online?

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
So here is a question for you. When the Direct inevitably and definitely airs this Thursday. What SNES games are you hoping they shadow drop on SNES online?
They don't drop NES/SNES games after directs unfortunately.
I expect the next drop in march.

Hoping for :
NES : Mach Rider
Urban Champion
Murasame Castle

SNES : Super Mario RPG
Mystical Ninja
Panel de Pon

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tired of the whole thing tbh, public teasing is just clout chasing and it feels like every month there's a new person on Twitter leading people on and they fall for it every time.

Sometimes these accounts clearly don't have anything but because they've defined themselves entirely around "being an insider" they still have to pretend they have something. I find them pathetic quite frankly.

We have some legitimately great people on this forum who aren't wreckless with what they know nor do they seek "internet fame" - they just want to add to the conversation which feels wildly different to whoever the flavour of the month on Twitter is.

That's also part of the reason many have stopped teasing though, "insider culture" is becoming a bit of a joke and with information being drip fed fans get kind of wild. You used to go under the radar posting something on Era, now you end up getting articles about it.

Honestly I just legitimately miss your excitement about otters in these threads. It has nothing to do with teases or hints, I just liked seeing how you genuinely like otters so much. It's a fun and lighthearted diversion from how serious these threads can get sometimes.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Honestly I just legitimately miss your excitement about otters in these threads. It has nothing to do with teases or hints, I just liked seeing how you genuinely like otters so much. It's a fun and lighthearted diversion from how serious these threads can get sometimes.
Me and my fiancee legitimately love them but we can't even post pictures from a Zoo without people speculating. I love Directs and the fun people have in the lead up to them but it can just be too much at times. I'm not surprised a lot of industry folk have stopped posting but at least you guys seems to be having fun with a 5th OT for a Direct that doesn't exist yet haha

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Me and my fiancee legitimately love them but we can't even post pictures from a Zoo without people speculating. I love Directs and the fun people have in the lead up to them but it can just be too much at times. I'm not surprised a lot of industry folk have stopped posting but at least you guys seems to be having fun with a 5th OT for a Direct that doesn't exist yet haha

If I'm being real, I prefer no insider information and just an unmitigated disaster of mostly wholesome shitposting

I only ever show up here when I know people are desperate.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
ew rows sound even worse

I really hope if they mangle the OS to appease people the option the keep it clean is there

I'm all for a more organized layout but a single line of even 60 games is straight up bad design. As it stands, what it equates to is a single line of however many games (forget the count) and then a "folder" of basically a mess of software you haven't played in a while. It's shit and hard to fathom why anyone wouldn't want some assistance in app management. I mean, do you just save everything to desktop on your PC?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When Zell said the "February 13 and am out" wasn't that the day before? I don't think any insider knows the exact date of the direct

Looking it up it was 5 days before.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
If there's a Direct this week, people know.

If there isn't a Direct this week, people know.

I'm extremely intelligent.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my fiancee legitimately love them but we can't even post pictures from a Zoo without people speculating. I love Directs and the fun people have in the lead up to them but it can just be too much at times.

Ugh, that's rough. I'm sorry about that.

Anyway here's a free otter pic for you:

angry-otter-759x500.jpg

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I feel like ketchup gelato wouldn't be that bad.

It's already got a sweetness to it, and I think the brownsugar taste wtih just a tad of tartness could lend itself well to ice cream.

Yeah, I admits that I would definitely try it if they have a sample.

brb giggling over ice dog for the rest of the morning.

I know. I thought it was great name.

Why don't people ever trust sakurai?

Ironic to hear this from you. :P

That's also part of the reason many have stopped teasing though, "insider culture" is becoming a bit of a joke and with information being drip fed fans get kind of wild. You used to go under the radar posting something on Era, now you end up getting articles about it.

Insider Culture is pretty shitty and out of control so it's pretty tiring to deal with people who kept trying to find rumors and leaks even from not reliable sources.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a cat named Otter. It's a self-full filling prophecy of a name because she loves to lay on her back and lick her belly, which makes her look like an otter.

Status
Not open for further replies.