• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
5RL8DBo.png

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
People focus in on how he likes Fatal Fury and Persona, not realizing that he writes a column every other week singing effusive praises for some new game, and it would be difficult for Nintendo to find 5 Japanese characters that he wasn't a fan of.

I do like the conspiracy theory that Terry is too obscure to get in through any other merit than Sakurai favoritism, which I guess ignores how there are SNK guest characters in half of the big fighting games played right now.
Hasn't terry been in more crossovers than even ryu?

I think it's maybe possible that nintendo first asked sakurai if they could put in jack frost because he reps smt and atlus has been a long time nintendo connection, and sakurai asked if they could do joker instead. The rest he had no qualms with.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I've got a bridge to sell anyone who thought Nintendo only had 5 slots and specifically chose Joker and Terry Bogard. Of course Sakurai had input lol
Yeah right why would they chose the biggest icon of fighting game along with Ryu as a guest for their own first party fighting game, crazy uh ?

Why would they chose an Atlus rep when they're getting exclusive games from them uh ?

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Why don't people ever trust sakurai?

I don't think Sakurai is lying, but it IS pretty crazy how all the DLC characters thus far feel like characters Sakurai would include rather than some Nintendo shadow committee.

Four franchises he's a drooling fanboy over and a fan favorite character he probably would of included back in Brawl had Nintendo and Rare not broke up.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
After highlighting No More Heroes 3 and Deadly Premonition 2 in Directs, I really hope that Nintendo goes balls to the walls crazy with supporting video games with a cult following. Gimme sequels to all of these and more

ps2_mister_mosquito-110214.jpg
220px-Seaman_Coverart.png
220px-Fragile_Dreams_US_box_art.jpg
220px-Opoona.jpg
220px-Eternal_Sonata.jpg

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Sakurai is lying, but it IS pretty crazy how all the DLC characters thus far feel like characters Sakurai would include rather than some Nintendo shadow committee.

Four franchises he's a drooling fanboy over and a fan favorite character he probably would of included back in Brawl had Nintendo and Rare not broke up.
Sakurai also loves minecraft, and like every series ever.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France

I just think that people underestimated way too much what Nintendo's picks would be.
When it was announced that Nintendo would chose, people were just expecting big marketing push for their own games.

Like someone else said... Sakurai is just a huge fanboy of basically every wondeful game.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Thousand-Year Door beats Paper Mario 64 for me simply by virtue of having way more fun Badges and superior world-building, even if the novelty of Paper Mario 64 allows it to get away with the cast mainly being comprised of existing Mario races.

That's the standard I hold the Mario series in terms of how it can evolve beyond the traditional Mushroom Kingdom cast and world. Super Paper Mario tried to go even bolder in a few areas, but they got really complacent with the uninspired geometrical style.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
No Direct means Nintendo has nothing to show. Nintendoomed.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Probably got tired of half the people thinking he's a secret insider and that his otters post were a tease.
I'm tired of the whole thing tbh, public teasing is just clout chasing and it feels like every month there's a new person on Twitter leading people on and they fall for it every time.

Sometimes these accounts clearly don't have anything but because they've defined themselves entirely around "being an insider" they still have to pretend they have something. I find them pathetic quite frankly.

We have some legitimately great people on this forum who aren't wreckless with what they know nor do they seek "internet fame" - they just want to add to the conversation which feels wildly different to whoever the flavour of the month on Twitter is.

That's also part of the reason many have stopped teasing though, "insider culture" is becoming a bit of a joke and with information being drip fed fans get kind of wild. You used to go under the radar posting something on Era, now you end up getting articles about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.