• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
How did he lied when he has confirmed multiple times that he has the final say on characters. Nintendo gives him a list, he says if yes or no he can makes it into a fighter. He has said this multiple times already.

People just extrapolated what he recently said into "Fire Emblem sucks, there's too many of them, it's not my fault !"
When he actually said "yeah, alright I get the feeling, you think there's too many. But look at this way, I took this opportunity to make a unique Fire Emblem rep that uses all type of weapons."

Sakurai has the final word, and he was never secretive about that.
Yea, but some people think he outright lied and picked some of the characters all on his own. He didn't get to pick joker all on his own.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I wonder if there is a mayonnaise or mustard ice cream.

Tell your friends it's vanilla to give them a fun surprise!

p-1-should-we-give-the-new-mayonnaise-ice-cream-a-chance.jpg

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a bridge to sell anyone who thought Nintendo only had 5 slots and specifically chose Joker and Terry Bogard. Of course Sakurai had input lol

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
This is a fraction of 2 years ago.

Oh yeah, I remember that well. At least with that one people weren't convincing themselves it would be one day when all signs pointed to another day.

That thread got so fun because insiders and mods were joining in quite frequently with the nutiness. I'm sad Jonneh hasn't come here to ask about otters in a long time.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Maybe Nintendo's master plan to drive us all mad waiting for the Direct is a viral marketing campaign to announce Eternal Darkness 2.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
At the beginning of the Direct there will be Doug Bowser eating mayonnaise ice cream in bowser costume, then we will get into game announcements.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Why don't people ever trust sakurai?
People focus in on how he likes Fatal Fury and Persona, not realizing that he writes a column every other week singing effusive praises for some new game, and it would be difficult for Nintendo to find 5 Japanese characters that he wasn't a fan of.

I do like the conspiracy theory that Terry is too obscure to get in through any other merit than Sakurai favoritism, which I guess ignores how there are SNK guest characters in half of the big fighting games played right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.