• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Smash Bros Fire Emblem Swordfighters Pass direct this week please.

giphy.webp

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
ngl, this thread is the definition of "doing too much" .....but as long the community enjoys it and you keep your expectations in check, i hope you guys keep it up.
It was a survey for Japan, and it got shared in western places like here, so yeah they probably got way too many answers.

As if the past surveys werent shared on western places.

In the past less people had the systems they were asking for (Switch) and many thought some ports would be no-brainers (P5 for Switch), so there was less incentive to even participate. 3 years later things have changed lol.

Adam_kun

Jan 23, 2020
I actually had a dream about the Direct last night. Perhaps a sign of madness lol.

What was interesting was that the Direct only lasted 10 minutes and Nintendo stated they'd be airing the rest of the Direct across the remainder of the week, dividing them into 4 10 minute chunks.

Nintendo also released an addictive new eShop minigame for free and you had to complete it in order to view the Direct, leading to mass hysteria.
Lol I actually dreamt about the direct too. I thought it was real for a good moment. It started with a MK9 announcement and I was like why!!! That's a waste. Then there was other games and near the end we got Bayonetta 3 and paper mario. That's all I remember lol.

Last edited:

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020
There's a demo of Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet on the eshop. It's a good game? Not a fan but I'll give it a chance.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Surely any direct will just be pure animal crossing?

In either this or the next direct I would love the following:

Zelda TTP/WW port collection
More info on BOTW2
Doom Eternal gameplay footage
Mario Strikers (absolute long shot BUT imo it's coming after what is essentially a play test in Mario and Sonic..)
Some more details on Pokémon DLC

not too much to ask..

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Any reason we're expecting the Direct to be Thursday rather than Wednesday? I'm not up to date on things.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Just save yourself the heartache. If the direct is this week it'll be on Thursday afternoon-ish and announced Wednesday morning in NA time.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Any reason we're expecting the Direct to be Thursday rather than Wednesday? I'm not up to date on things.
Nintendo is alternating Wednesday and Thursday every year. Last year was Wednesdays, year before was Thursdays repeatedly since directs have started. Exceptions being game specific directs and E3. Pokemon and Smash announcement last month were Thursdays.

baltic

Oct 27, 2017
Guys I've dreamed about sitting down to watch direct.

That feeling... it made me remember.

All gonna be worth the wait when that stream will start.

Deleted member 53506

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
I think by this time last week we already knew it was not going to happen. If this is not the week we feast, I would rather know sooner than later.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo is alternating Wednesday and Thursday every year. Last year was Wednesdays, year before was Thursdays repeatedly since directs have started. Exceptions being game specific directs and E3. Pokemon and Smash announcement last month were Thursdays.

Yeah.

2016: March 3, 2016 (Thursday)
2017: April 12, 2017 (Wednesday)
2018: March 8, 2018 (Thursday)
2019: February 13, 2019 (Wednesday)

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No not really... fullforce Direct Baby, but i will take anything at this point.
No.

Most hardcore Nintendo fans have already played those years ago.

They don't need a Direct to announce two ports.
Did you get a branch on your head in the storm? That is the only reason I can explain that you talk so much nonsense haha

damn, Nintendo fans are greedy af

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
This thread certainly turned into...something.

Here's your positive vibes for the day:

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
This thread certainly turned into...something.

Here's your positive vibes for the day:

Enjoy your Monday, everyone.

ITeddy 101
Easy going soul music
Rays of Sunlight
Zippo post
Stairsteps

It's all coming together! Wonderful 101+102 in the direct, Odyssey 2, Golden Sun 4, Ringfit Adventure the Demon Stairmaster Season Pass, and Picross 3D Round 3 all confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.