• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Won't somebody please think of the Mario & Luigi series?

hqdefault.jpg
Trust me, man. Look at my flair. But I like Paper Mario almost as much and I think a new game in the OG style has the potential to temporarily satisfy my M&L hunger. Give me another 2 years or so. Then I'll be craving a Yoko Shimomura Mario soundtrack again.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

hqdefault.jpg
I could see a reboot down the line, but it's done right now. It was only a thing at all because it was alpha dream's baby. They ran the series into the ground. If paper mario is going back to the basics, that especially is the writing on the wall.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Did not know it was that bad even in FInland, I live in the southern parts of Sweden and I think I've seen snow fall for about 2 minutes since last winter. And the snow didnt even reach the ground before melting.
Yeah it's pretty grim. And it's even worse because it's been overcast most of the time. We had the least amount of sunlight ever in december and january. It has been dark, depressing, wet and just basically worst of what winter can be for the entire winter.

Thank god I managed to shift the spotlight onto Sega's poor Switch support. Like, both Sega and Bamco don't have the largest number of big IPs (ignoring the anime games). But what sets Bamco apart is that they at least bring the mid tier exclusive games, anime games, and help out with Nintendo first party (Kart, Smash, etc.).

But what has Sega done in the past 3 years of Switch being on the market? Valkyria Chronicles was nice, but if the market demands something, you should try to give it to them. Especially if you're seemingly the ONE floundering JP 3rd party company in terms of financials. Put up or shut up.
Boohoo.

I have Puyo Puyo Tetris, Valkyrie Chronicles, VC4, Super Monkey Ball remake, Mario & Sonic 2020, Sonic Mania and some classics. Gonna get Tokyo 2020 and Two Point Hospital this year at least.

They've published over twenty games on Switch as well as their arcade classics. Stop being a moaning child just because they don't port your exact favourite game.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
I could see a reboot down the line, but it's done right now. It was only a thing at all because it was alpha dream's baby. They ran the series into the ground. If paper mario ia going back to the basics, that especially is the writing on the wall.
Oh the latter games weren't as good as the first three, but AD didn't "run the series into the ground". Dream Team was a bit long in the tooth, while Paper Jam was...misguided and safe/bland. The SS remake was cool, but the BiS remake was unnecessary. Their foray into HD dev on their unknown Switch/PS4 game is what did their small studio in.

I think it's fine for M&L to take a break and step back, even if it meant ADream shutting down. Besides, now that we have one Nintendo console, it's fine for the series that REALLY got run into the ground to come back and have the spotlight for a while. If and when M&L comes back, I want something truly new.

If I have to see ANOTHER SHELL AND FIRE FLOWER BROS ITEM I SWEAR

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Yeah it's pretty grim. And it's even worse because it's been overcast most of the time. We had the least amount of sunlight ever in december and january. It has been dark, depressing, wet and just basically worst of what winter can be for the entire winter.

Boohoo.

I have Puyo Puyo Tetris, Valkyrie Chronicles, VC4, Super Monkey Ball remake, Mario & Sonic 2020, Sonic Mania and some classics. Gonna get Tokyo 2020 and Two Point Hospital this year at least.

They've published over twenty games on Switch as well as their arcade classics. Stop being a moaning child just because they don't port your exact favourite game.
I have no personal interest in Yakuza or Persona, but I was simply pointing out that their support is worse than Bamco's. Their support has been fine so far. I mean it's technically been better than Capcom's.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

hqdefault.jpg

As someone who considers Super Star Saga and Bowser's Inside Story at least on part with PM1 and TTYD, I was pretty sad about the decline of the franchise and then bankruptcy of AlphaDream. As much as I liked Dream Team, I wish they had changed gears after BiS, maybe they'd still be around.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sega has two Switch exclusives announced at the moment; Project Diva and Shin Megami Tensei.

Any comparison to Capcom, a company that has only put 1 original game on the platform, is ridiculous.

babycakin

Nov 2, 2019
Ok so had my browser open on Page 26 of this thread which was Thursday, and now it's all the way at page 85. Either you guys are really bored people with nothing to do on the weekends or some juicy hints/rumors dropped, or both. Anyone want to fill me in =X?

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Let Platinum make new games. And the only thing the must do. Is that now the best people they have. Make now a good Ninja Turtles That also coming out on the Switch.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so had my browser open on Page 26 of this thread which was Thursday, and now it's all the way at page 85. Either you guys are really bored people with nothing to do on the weekends or some juicy hints/rumors dropped, or both. Anyone want to fill me in =X?

Pizza and Date system wars took up a big chunk of the discussion, you haven't missed anything lol

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Sega has two Switch exclusives announced at the moment; Project Diva and Shin Megami Tensei.

Any comparison to Capcom, a company that has only put 1 original game on the platform, is ridiculous.
I think most JP 3Ps are doing decent at least, even Capcom. But if you go back to my original comment, I was mainly calling out the people who were claiming that Bamco "has some of the worst 3P support on Switch".

Bamco >= Sega > Capcom

Zg9

Jan 18, 2020
All i want is Dead or Alive 6 with Zero-suit Samus exclusively for the Switch version.
maxresdefault.jpg

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think most JP 3Ps are doing decent at least, even Capcom. But if you go back to my original comment, I was mainly calling out the people who were claiming that Bamco "has some of the worst 3P support on Switch".

Bamco >= Sega > Capcom

Bamco gets judged more harshly because they are the biggest Japanese third party with the biggest output.

Adam_kun

Jan 23, 2020
Btw would Nintendo have a AC direct since directs usually have a focus on a game.
Will this one be focused on AC. I mean it would make sense if there is a AC direct but I don't know. If Nintendo announce this direct like tune in for 35 mins of upcoming games releasing in 2020 I guess it would be safe to assume a AC direct right?

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Haha that sources Leakypanda was not reliable . Plus Nintendo hold never directs on a friday. So no
they did before and even if they didn't it's not like it's the law or anything. like i don't believe this leaker but all these "they would never do x because they never did it before" statements are all dumb.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
But what has Sega done in the past 3 years of Switch being on the market? Valkyria Chronicles was nice, but if the market demands something, you should try to give it to them. Especially if you're seemingly the ONE floundering JP 3rd party company in terms of financials. Put up or shut up.
They gave us Shining Resonance Refrain! That's all we need and deserve!

*cries in a corner*

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
they did before and even if they didn't it's not like it's the law or anything. like i don't believe this leaker but all these "they would never do x because they never did it before" statements are all dumb.

Only the first direct was on an Friday. That's 9 years ago. So why will do now directs on a friday. It is not logical. So no that leaky panda is not reliable

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Unless someone new appears in this thread or Zippo becomes a proven full-time leaker going forward I don't expect any concrete leaks regarding new games and especially not Direct dates.
Nate might give us some ideas how the Switch line-up will look like in general but besides him it's not looking good right now.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
So what's the Countdown to Meltdown? Assuming this is a general Direct, are we expecting a Wednesday announcement?

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
since no direct news are forthcoming I am going to share some personal Nintendo news today.

Our local Media Markt is getting rid of Labo for 10€ apiece. I checked if they had the VR set, they didn't seem to. Later I found one anyway, but apparently it was the exhibition model and had already been built. But the salesman said he'd give it to me for 2€ since it's not new.

So now I have Labo VR and just played Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. The resolution is terrible, of course, but it's still kinda fun. Especially at that price.

I was looking forward to building it myself, however.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Unless someone new appears in this thread or Zippo becomes a proven full-time leaker going forward I don't expect any concrete leaks regarding new games and especially not Direct dates.
Nate might give us some ideas how the Switch line-up will look like in general but besides him it's not looking good right now.
Are we already at the despair part of the cycle? Can't we talk about anything else?

How about lahmacun? Otherwise known as Turkish pizza!

depositphotos_204691266-stock-photo-turkish-foods-turkish-pizza-lahmacun.jpg

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
Damnit people

My mom: "what are you reading"

Me: "forum about videogames. Somehow the debate turned into one about pizza"

Mom: "oh I haven't had pizza in a while, lets have some tonight"

Me: "... Damnit Era"

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Are we already at the despair part of the cycle? Can't we talk about anything else?

How about lahmacun? Otherwise known as Turkish pizza!

depositphotos_204691266-stock-photo-turkish-foods-turkish-pizza-lahmacun.jpg

What despair, i am not complaining about the lack of insiders and I am the last person in this thread you will see despairing or dooming lol. I only wanted to clarify again that the call for insiders is like shouting into the void because like Hercule above pointed out correctly the only insider left that is willing to talk is Zippo.

Status
Not open for further replies.