• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can confirm there will be a Direct on the week of the 13th in June.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people getting pessimistic? Zippo posted there will be 2 directs this month.

Has anything happened that make people doubt him?

People are getting pessimistic because the only thing so many fans seem to care about now are Directs. Never focusing on what they already have, but always wondering "When's the next Direct? Why isn't it here yet?"

They could work on their backlog, replay some older games, or even play some of the current new games on Switch, but nope. We already know of two great first party releases in March too, but for many it's just not good enough. I think a lot of these people don't even want to play games at all; they just want the Direct.

And the day after the Direct hits, they're going to go back to asking when the next one is.

Quo Vadis

Oct 27, 2017
Oh you mean the guy that said his "sources" told him that the NX will be more powerful than the PS4 pro? Yea I totally believe him.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If bongos come out, they'll have joycon rails on the sides. Then you can slot the switch in the middle and play portable, or throw a grip between them for tv play

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People start getting caught up on the everyday forum life and think someone has to hint for the direct to believe it's coming. Just use some common sense that it'll be this week.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
A Donkey Kong music-based platformer would be fun

Think the music levels from Rayman Legends but replace Rayman with Donkey Kong and friends

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
People are getting pessimistic because that's just the cycle around here. Oddly, every time there's a week that seems 'likely' for a Direct, people get MORE pessimistic than usual a few days beforehand. No idea why.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
People are getting pessimistic because the only thing so many fans seem to care about now are Directs. Never focusing on what they already have, but always wondering "When's the next Direct? Why isn't it here yet?"

They could work on their backlog, replay some older games, or even play some of the current new games on Switch, but nope. We already know of two great first party releases in March too, but for many it's just not good enough. I think a lot of these people don't even want to play games at all; they just want the Direct.

And the day after the Direct hits, they're going to go back to asking when the next one is.

Honestly. That is why I'm only seeing this thread sporadically. Too much time spent on what basically amounts to nothing when I could be playing DQ or FE instead.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People are getting pessimistic because that's just the cycle around here. Oddly, every time there's a week that seems 'likely' for a Direct, people get MORE pessimistic than usual a few days beforehand. No idea why.
This has to be some kind of cycle. The closer we get to it the more pessimistic some people become lol

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Yep. The Direct might be this week, might not. If not, I still have plenty of backlog left. I just picked up the Crash and Spyro remakes. I'll probably jump between one of them and Kentucky Route Zero once I finish Ori.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017

I just want some metroid already.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
bruh I don't know if you're @ ing me but literally the second thing I said was "games will come and details about them will come as necessary" or whatever

edit: I always say shit on here that I feel is pretty relaxed and reasonable and people are immediately at my throat about it lmao
Oh Racoon I'm sorry. Yes I was poking at your post but it was all in good fun. Never meant to make it rude. Sorry pal

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
This has to be some kind of cycle. The closer we get to it the more pessimistic some people become lol
Yeah, it's weird! Maybe they're upping the pessimism in order to not be disappointed if it doesn't happen? No idea.

Anyway, I'm honestly fine if it's this week or not. I'm confident we'll get one by mid-March, so at this point every week that goes by just make it more and more likely. If not this week, then it'll be soon. And that's good enough for me.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I have still 3 bongos at home, and they're already compatible with the Switch I believe (with the GC adapter).

Man, DK Jungle Beat was so good (the GC version obviously). So, so good.
Those small showcase videos were amazing too, can't find any on youtube sadly (they're in the game).

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Oh Racoon I'm sorry. Yes I was poking at your post but it was all in good fun. Never meant to make it rude. Sorry pal
you're absolutely fine, I'm just frustrated that my posts always turn out with a whinier and more pessimistic tone than I intend

all I meant to say is that after the 13th I'm not going to keep """speculating""" for my own health and I encourage others to do the same

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Make everything a RPG. I'll play it. Splatoon Persona-like. Paper Zelda (and bring back the lost Chain Chomp partner from Sticker Star as BowWow).

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
I have still 3 bongos at home, and they're already compatible with the Switch I believe (with the GC adapter).

Man, DK Jungle Beat was so good (the GC version obviously). So, so good.
Those small showcase videos were amazing too, can't find any on youtube sadly (they're in the game).
Jungle Beat was amazing. Even if they drop the bongos I'd love to see some sort of follow-up.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
you're absolutely fine, I'm just frustrated that my posts always turn out with a whinier and more pessimistic tone than I intend

all I meant to say is that after the 13th I'm not going to keep """speculating""" for my own health and I encourage others to do the same
Yep, I'm with you. Actually I don't like to speculate at all. It's been like two years since I enjoyed it. Now I just like to read opinions, join in the predictions threads once a game has been properly announce or simply joke around. The exception is when an Insider appears, then I start making conspiracy theories like everybody else.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It probably means absolutely nothing but I just visited the 3DS eShop and I don´t know exactly why but Samus Returns appears like a highlighted game (literally the second in the row after Minecraft). It is not on sale btw.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Yep, I'm with you. Actually I don't like to speculate at all. It's been like two years since I enjoyed it. Now I just like to read opinions, join in the predictions threads once a game has been properly announce or simply joke around. The exception is when an Insider appears, then I start making conspiracy theories like everybody else.
yeah I think I'm getting there too

the banter has always been the fun part really, as well as getting to know other people's tastes

Status
Not open for further replies.