• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Don't do this to me. These two are the reason I still have a PS3.

Any word on what's up with that Atlus survey? Does the inclusion of Persona 5 on the survey sorta imply that Sony doesn't have some kind of weird exclusivity?
They asked for "dream direct".
Let's be positive !

As for Atlus, I answered it and there's Switch available for literally all their games including the one for which we only have a few artworks.
Basically you see ps4s, switch and pc, that's it.

I don't see the point of them asking if people want switch remakes, ports, new games... if those are not possible.

Of course I asked for all of these lol. I told them (in japanese) the Switch is a great rpg machine so they should go nuts with it (if they didn't understand that...).

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Sure. I just don't think for me personally it'd be super exciting. It's a Nintendo focused presentation, so it'd be weird to end on a third party game.
Considering the number of slots and length given to third party usually, that is not entirely true.
Their last opening was most certainly not a Nintendo game.

So as much as I don't care about MH, it unfortunately might deserves a spot (if well crafted and not a XXXXX 3ds hd version) at the very least as an opener.
And second to last closer could be, if it's an "exclusive" game, like Astral Chain.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, now I'm all worked up.

I'm gonna be so pissed off if there's no Direct next week and it's all my fault.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I definitely don't see them ending on Monster Hunter. I see Monster Hunter in the "Astral Chain" kind of spot.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Are people giving up on a Direct this month? Weren't we supposedly getting two directs?

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018
They asked for "dream direct".
Let's be positive !

As for Atlus, I answered it and there's Switch available for literally all their games including the one for which we only have a few artworks.
Basically you see ps4s, switch and pc, that's it.

I don't see the point of them asking if people want switch remakes, ports, new games... if those are not possible.

Of course I asked for all of these lol. I told them (in japanese) the Switch is a great rpg machine so they should go nuts with it (if they didn't understand that...).
I didn't intend to seem negative about it, both Xenogears and Chrono Cross are two games I want so badly on modern systems that it's heartbreaking it hasn't happened yet.

I hope you're right about Atlus. Why would they ask if it's not possible? Maybe Nintendo is the one that needed convincing?

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
The best way for that "Nintendo is only first party" would be for them to have an amazing unexpected third party as the last spot in a direct.

Only opening and ending with first party all the time is the boring and cursed thing to do forever.
I didn't intend to seem negative about it, both Xenogears and Chrono Cross are two games I want so badly on modern systems that it's heartbreaking it hasn't happened yet.

I hope you're right about Atlus. Why would they ask if it's not possible? Maybe Nintendo is the one that needed convincing?
Don't worry I didn't think you were overly dramatic, I'm more trying to convince myself it'll happen ha ha.
These games got so cursed and seeing how even FF8 had to wait so much to be remastered...
But let's hope Square at least tries to revive everything if only a little.

Maybe Atlus is a bit like Falcom, they think the "fanbase" is ps or whatever so they're checking that through survey to see if, according to it, the ratio of potential Switch versions buyer looks bigger than they thought.

I really don't see Nintendo against these games when they chosed to get Joker as first smash DLC ; D.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm over here predicting we could get 4 brand new first party games (not ports, retail). Then I'm expecting a couple of big new third party games.

What I'm expecting has never been done outside of an E3 direct afaik. So talking about beginning slot, middle slot, second to last slot, and ending slot doesn't even fit all the games I'm expecting lol. At the end of the day they'll squeeze them where ever in the direct.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You could see there's 4 big "slots" for fun for new game announcements

-beginning of direct
-middle of direct
-second to last of direct
-last of direct

-Paper Mario
-Monster Hunter
-Splatoon RPG spin-off
-BotW 2 confirmed for Holiday 2020

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
They should end with a BotW2 trailer that continues from the last one; the magic that's affecting Link's arm spreads to the rest of his body, and transforms him into Tingle. It's then revealed that the game is another installment in the longest running Zelda spin-off, the Tingle series!

Status
Not open for further replies.