• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
AC Save situation details by Nintendo UK

Important notes regarding save data

- This game does not support the Save Data Cloud functionality of Nintendo Switch Online. However, the ability to recover Animal Crossing: New Horizons save data from the server in the event of console failure, loss or theft will be available to Nintendo Switch Online members sometime in the future.

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons does not support the ability to transfer your save file from one Nintendo Switch console to another.

How did New Leaf handle this? Could you transfer a save from 3DS to 3DS?

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a new Mario Baseball, even though I'm not sure if we'll ever get another one.

I still have so many good and fun memories with Mario Superstar Baseball.

Deleted member 63139

Banned
Jan 17, 2020
AC Save situation details by Nintendo UK

Important notes regarding save data

- This game does not support the Save Data Cloud functionality of Nintendo Switch Online. However, the ability to recover Animal Crossing: New Horizons save data from the server in the event of console failure, loss or theft will be available to Nintendo Switch Online members sometime in the future.

- Animal Crossing: New Horizons does not support the ability to transfer your save file from one Nintendo Switch console to another.

Will I be able to transfer permanently my island from my Switch standard to my hypothetical switch pro next year ?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have a strong feeling the direct will announce a new Mario sports game, most likely Mario Golf
For sure there's a chance of Mario Golf coming with Camelot putting out Mario Tennis in 2018. The only issues I see if this will be the first Mario Golf in HD they'd have to make unlike Tennis where they had Ultra Smash from Wii U to go off of. Plus they did some dlc for Tennis over time.

2021 is the latest I see Mario Golf

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
I know people say that only 1 Mario kart game per system, but that's also 1 original Mario kart game per system.
If the switch didn't get 9 it would the first console to not get a new Mario kart game in a long time.
Nintendo doesn't care about if the few of us who played it on Wii U want a new one or not. They see it this way : there's a Mario Kart on Switch, and it's selling insanely, stupidly well.
It's like I said yesterday about the conversation of "empty H1", Nintendo doesn't care if we get bored, if we want more games in H1. They're a business first, they make business choices. Nintendo devs may want to give smile on your faces, Nintendo business men are there to make as much money as possible.

trestres

Feb 11, 2019
How did New Leaf handle this? Could you transfer a save from 3DS to 3DS?
Will I be able to transfer permanently my island from my Switch standard to my hypothetical switch pro next year ?
I'm not really sure about it, the last game I played was Animal Crossing GC, however I owned the 3DS version and played very little of it. So I can't really help there.

I'm guessing though, this might mean micro-transactions in the form of furniture, bells, items, whatever, so Nintendo wants to make sure no one can access anything other than the basic package, so directly prohibits the transfer ofsave data from anywhere to anywhere.

You may have to report your switch as destroyed, lost or stolen in order for Nintendo to allow save data to be downloaded into your new switch.

Last edited:

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
For sure there's a chance of Mario Golf coming with Camelot putting out Mario Tennis in 2018. The only issues I see if this will be the first Mario Golf in HD they'd have to make unlike Tennis where they had Ultra Smash from Wii U to go off of. Plus they did some dlc for Tennis over time.

I hope then Camelot make a Strikers game. Much more people wait on a Strikers game. And i find Strikers is more fun than Golf

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Nintendo doesn't care about if the few of us who played it on Wii U want a new one or not. They see it this way : there's a Mario Kart on Switch, and it's selling insanely, stupidly well.
It's like I said yesterday about the conversation of "empty H1", Nintendo doesn't care if we get bored, if we want more games in H1. They're a business first, they make business choices. Nintendo devs may want to give smile on your faces, Nintendo business men are there to make as much money as possible.

Well you're not wrong at all I just don't think a new Mario kart for switch is out of the question. Even if 8 is selling insanely well they might want a 9 for even more money

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wait, someone's asking for pictures of bunnies? i have this to offer:

211kat.jpg

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
And? I didn't say anything bad. "No disrespect"
not my place at all but calling out a kid for not knowing the history of Nintendo well enough is kind of weird, right

personally I've always hated being characterized or labelled in posts, I think it's kinda condescending. but lintemuth-studios is also way less sensitive than me lol

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not my place at all but calling out a kid for not knowing the history of Nintendo well enough is kind of weird, right

personally I've always hated being characterized or labelled in posts, I think it's kinda condescending. but lintemuth-studios is also way less sensitive than me lol
I wasn't trying to be condescending. That's I said "no disrespect". People can call me out on not knowing stuff too.

But anyways I'll apologize to Lintemuth-Studios if I came off as condescending. Posting words don't always convey the emotions well. That's why I "lol" a lot because I don't want people to think I'm trying to be harsh in my posts

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Wait. 11th is actually holidays in Japan? (National Foundation Day)

So... the only chance for next week is announcement on Wednesday and Direct on Thursday?

I am scared.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
hahaha thanks everyone. I thought about giving her a thread of dedication but figured it would be excessive. Maybe a rabbit thread in general. I've had three house rabbits and they're awesome let's if you know how to care for them.

Clover is a Flemish Giant. She weighs about 12.5lbs and is approximately 9 years old. I rescued her about five years ago and she's been my little buddy ever since. She's actually small for her breed if you can believe that.

I'll derail with the thread one last time with pics since you guys are so awesome.

I like this last one because it's special. She usually hops up on my couch in the living room to snuggle every night but this time I was setting my N64 in a separate room to play some Kirby and she saught me out. She climbed up on my beanbag chair and curled up while I reminisced.

Adorable! Now I want a rabbit to chill with.

Also, major respect for Kirby 64! That's the secret best Kirby game. Those who know, know.

jimmer kripper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
huh I didn't realize the 13th was a Wednesday last year. So any chance the direct is next Wednesday, on the 12th?

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I was one of the oldest people around here until I saw a thread full of gamer grandpas the other day

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Would a holiday mean they don't announce a direct?
It's just a tweet normally isn't it?
Yes. But I don´t know if they d tweet that on Holidays.

If I am correct, last year February Direct was announced on the 12th and aired on the 13th. That´s why I think that would be our only chance for next week.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
huh I didn't realize the 13th was a Wednesday last year. So any chance the direct is next Wednesday, on the 12th?
Most likely not if we go by the past 4 years where they alternate. This year would be Thursday

2016- General Directs on Thursday
2017- General Directs on Wednesday
2018- General Directs on Thursday
2019- General Directs on Wednesday
2020- General Directs ??

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Most likely not if we go by the past 4 years where they alternate. This year would be Thursday

2016- General Directs on Thursday
2017- General Directs on Wednesday
2018- General Directs on Thursday
2019- General Directs on Wednesday
2020- General Directs ??
Two pattern breaks at one, tuesday direct, second half of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.