• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

For how long will Nintendo drink our tears?

• Until March 2020

Votes: 1,043 53.8%
  • Until April 2020

Votes: 207 10.7%
  • Until E3

Votes: 244 12.6%
  • Forever (no more Directs)

Votes: 444 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salamiaddict

May 15, 2018
Northern Germany
Ask and you shall receive they say.

DI6LqzJ.gif
I love you and the internet overall! What would I do without it? We belong together 😝

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
yes.

xc2 was not developed with the switch in mind (they didn't even know about the nx specs).
links awakening was developed by Grezzo.
dxm is not a first party game either.

Don't know where you got that XC2 info, but sure. I'll concur that most first party games like Luigi's Mansion and Mario Odyssey run well, but most 3rd/2nd party developed games don't.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Maybe Gods and Monsters will still make it this year. It's coming before March 2021 Ubisoft confirmed again
Hard to say whether Gods and Monsters is more likely to be the Jan-Mar 2021 title or Far Cry 6

Both could use the extra time imo

Far Cry and Assassin's Creed in one quarter would probably be too much though

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
If the Direct does happen on the 13th, the Capcom tweet will be the most unintended thing ever, but people will still shout to high heaven that Capcom knew all along and that Dante is Smash Fighter 6.

I hope it happens because it'll be amazing lol.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
I just had the same thought. Imagine if they were teasing the Direct date ever since they tweeted the tweet lol.

People tricked themselves that they were teasing Dante for Smash and they were inevitably disappointed. There's nothing that proves that this has any correlation with a direct lol

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
People tricked themselves that they were teasing Dante for Smash and they were inevitably disappointed. There's nothing that proves that this has any correlation with a direct lol

Oh I don't believe there is a correlation (see my message above) but I still think the Direct will happen on that day.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom's not going to tweet out the direct date.

Not every Nintendo Switch game needs to be in a direct.

Luminary

Dec 28, 2019
Some people say that Ninty is slowly but surely running out of hardware-moving tentpole franchises without an entry on Switch, that they will have to create big new hits or elevate other franchises to new heights.

I truly believe, without any exaggeration, that Donkey Kong can be elevated to popularity comparable to what it had during the times of Donkey Kong Country of SNES. A 3D game on par with 3D Mario games could provide one avenue for such an ascension.

Donkey King should reign again.

I think you're right that they will want to elevate these franchises, and probably right about DK's break-out potential, but I don't think they'll put anything out as their tentpole holiday title that they're not fully confident in unless they have no other choice due to delays etc. With Zelda, Mario (3D and potentially 2D in due course), Mario Kart and Pokemon, they have enough solid hitters to cover the next few years. Splatoon is maybe in that bracket too.

DK, Metroid etc. may release alongside a bigger title -- e.g. alongside Pokemon in 2022 like Luigi's Mansion. Obviously if it's a breakout hit then brilliant.

My guess is that some form of DK game is Next Level's next project after Luigi's Mansion (since they've been working their way through franchises and have a relationship with Tanabe) and we'll see it mid-2023.

POE_001

Banned
Sep 5, 2018
Not a hint. Just a fun recommendation.
I was saying it was prophetic because it's an obvious parody of Superman. Low ahd behold, 20 something years later, Warner Bros. bought DC outright. I believe recently, they even sort of remade it as a full on parody. It's a fun bit of history.

Anyway, I'm getting into the late 40's now. It's where Chuck Jones started to get real good.
You sound like agent York.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You just need to believe in yourself the direct is next Thursday. You don't need unrelated Capcom tweets or fake insiders to tweet it to you for you to start believing

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
CAPGOD was right all along. They were sending us a message. Full DMC3 Switch trailer in the Direct!

It was in front of us all along! But seriously, it would he hilarious if that is indeed the direct date, Capcom indirectly being a tease and all.

Maybe Gods and Monsters will still make it this year. It's coming before March 2021 Ubisoft confirmed again
Man it sucks that Ubisoft hasn't treated the game well since its reveal, a Greek Myth9logy BotW sounds so good on paper and it looked cool too. I really hope it delivers.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Nate: Yeah, there's really going to be some out of left field reveals and releases this year.

Nintendo Era: WAIT, REALLY?! Well, who cares, let's talk about Mario Kart 9 again.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
All this talk about out of left field reveals and releases from people like Nate and Lintemuth makes me think that First Party franchises that people have been wanting to see return with new games, like F-Zero or Wave Race could return this year for one. and that we'll especially finally get a good amount of some third party things that people want. all this plus the potential for highly asked for characters to be in Smash that have been talked about. Also, do console OS Feature releases, Online improvements and a better handle on the VC situation count as out of left field reveals and releases?

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
All this talk about out of left field reveals and releases from people like Nate and Lintemuth makes me think that First Party franchises that people have been wanting to see return with new games, like F-Zero or Wave Race could return this year for one. and that we'll especially finally get a good amount of some third party things that people want. all this plus the potential for highly asked for characters to be in Smash that have been talked about. Also, do console OS Feature releases, Online improvements and a better handle on the VC situation count as out of left field reveals and releases?

I don't think we'll see F-Zero, but I think the return of Diddy Kong Racing, Kirby Air Ride, Wave Race, and/or Super Princess Peach are all possible. I also brought up the idea of a Super Mario World remake.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
I don't think we'll see F-Zero, but I think the return of Diddy Kong Racing, Kirby Air Ride, Wave Race, and/or Super Princess Peach are all possible. I also brought up the idea of a Super Mario World remake.
I doubt a Super Mario World remake is gonna happen. Though Wave Race seems possible to me somehow.

Any insight really into the out of left field reveals and releases comment that Nate made in relation to my last post before this one?
You seem to want to keep people in the know about it.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I doubt a Super Mario World remake is gonna happen. Though Wave Race seems possible to me somehow.

Any insight really into the out of left field reveals and releases comment that Nate made in relation to my last post before this one?
You seem to want to keep people in the know about it.

No, it would just be nice to start discussing something other than the normal circles we've been going in for weeks.

DinoPulse

May 25, 2018
No, it would just be nice to start discussing something other than the normal circles we've been going in for weeks.
Ah, I see. hopefully Nate can give us some insight at some point.
Not that he has too. No pressure.
Though you have a point! been pretty skeptical about the whole alleged Holiday game stuff people have been talking about here which Sabi brought up anyways.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Ok, lets try this.

How many SNES games are we getting in the Direct? I'm hoping for a nice dump of 10 games or so
3 SNES and 3 NES

NES : Murasame Castle
Mach Rider
Urban Champion

SNES : Mystical Ninja
Super Mario RPG
Panel de Pon

I don't expect a lot more than that, and I don't expect them to release a bunch of "big ones" SNES games at each wave. One big first party SNES game for each wave, they don't want to run out of games too early.

I don't really expect those in the direct. Just talking about the next wave, without predicting when it'll happen. I would guess in march.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
You guys i'm too thirsty

what is the probability that we get a lil taste of BoTW2 with the upcoming Direct??

i will still set myself up for disappointment, the cycle is cathartic to me

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Guys, no joke... I tried to ask someone from the Europen NIntendo Support Chat about a Nintendo Direct.. but they couldn't give me any information, becuase they dont even know. lol

LMAO CS departments are very separate from dev and editorial teams - they're often barely given enough info to even do their jobs.

But I appreciate your efforts, soldier. Soon...we shall all feast.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Have they ever talked about NSO NES/SNES games in a Direct? Seems like a weird thing to expect.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
You guys i'm too thirsty

what is the probability that we get a lil taste of BoTW2 with the upcoming Direct??

i will still set myself up for disappointment, the cycle is cathartic to me

Always a possibility but I think it's pretty unlikely.
Especially if it's not coming out this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.