• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I can see why Nate said we'd be to ot7 by the next direct. This one is almost over and ot6 might be over by next Thursday.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
You actually have a Switch?

Not currently. I used to play on my ex-girlfriends Switch a lot. A lot of nights were spent with me, her, her sister, and her sisters boyfriend, all playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and screaming and laughing and raging. Some of my best memories, actually.

I also used to have a Wii and a Nintendo 64, loved them both (although I didn't have any of the main franchises for the Wii, I had Thrillville Off the Rails, Wii Play, and Wii Sports). Love Super Mario 64.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Why did this thread accelerate after everyone deconfirmed a Direct this week

I thought it would slow down as people lose hope

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
You know, something I'm super interested in is how insiders get their sources. Like, I work at a company INFAMOUS for leaks (lmao), but a lot of the leaks come from journalists or contractors - or someone being dumb and working on a presentation in an airplane...

Somehow I have a hard time believing that someone working in-house would willingly risk their career (and put themselves in legal jeopardy, since we all sign NDAs) to feed insiders sensitive info? Like what do they get out of it?

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
You know, something I'm super interested in is how insiders get their sources. Like, I work at a company INFAMOUS for leaks (lmao), but a lot of the leaks come from journalists or contractors - or someone being dumb and working on a presentation in an airplane...

Somehow I have a hard time believing that someone working in-house would willingly risk their career (and put themselves in legal jeopardy, since we all sign NDAs) to feed insiders sensitive info? Like what do they get out of it?
I imagine a lot of people at ubis- I mean, your company have some beef and get burnt out, but I agree that it's curious

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR

Everyone knows the insiders have a uncle who works at nintendo™️ Lol.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not currently. I used to play on my ex-girlfriends Switch a lot. A lot of nights were spent with me, her, her sister, and her sisters boyfriend, all playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and screaming and laughing and raging. Some of my best memories, actually.

I also used to have a Wii and a Nintendo 64, loved them both (although I didn't have any of the main franchises for the Wii, I had Thrillville Off the Rails, Wii Play, and Wii Sports). Love Super Mario 64.
Wow. The power of Nintendo to make you post even though you don't have a Switch now.

I'm guessing you didn't leak Mario + Rabbids 😛

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
I'll take a new Mario Kart just for them to get Battle Mode right. 8 Deluxe still didn't get it right
At this point I'll take a new Kart just to one-up the people who are adamant a new Kart on Switch is absolutely and resolutely impossible.

[This post is brought to you at least 50% in jest]

Super_T

Mar 16, 2018
About MK 9 (or X) for holiday 2020. All the discussions is because Nintendo needs a strong software and there is no pokemon, no zelda (I hope otherwise however), no Mario etc this year.

But there is a system seller that place 3-4 millions in Japan and maybe 10 ww perfect for Novembre and with a serious roumor about :roll:...

ooo.jpg

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I'll take a new Kart just to one-up the people who are adamant a new Kart on Switch is absolutely and resolutely impossible.

[This post is brought to you at least 50% in jest]
Haha. To be serious as far as I know there's only one insider who's heard rumors of a Mario Kart coming. Idk if anyone else has heard it. Then there's another insider who heard that BotW 2 might not make it this year.

So I kind of think if these insiders talk to each other maybe they start coming to a conclusion a new Mario Kart is coming this holiday.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Make my words when there is a new mk than MK9 is ready. Only the wait for a good moment to bring it

No way, it's been 3 years since ARMS, MK9 if it is their next game, is surely still in development, though it surely would be ready by November

We'll get a holiday game for sure, but I can see Super Mario 3D World Deluxe counting as that game. Especially if it has new levels and potentially new online multiplayer content, as it should. I still think that BOTW2 is coming this year though.

I think SM3DW might be an August or September release, we haven't seen a port take that November slot, but it could also be the first time, who knows.

RealDealRusty

Jan 8, 2019
I'd be super hype if one of the Direct games was a Switch monster hunter that had the quality of live improvements of World.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019

I've wondered this, especially when Emily's been giving us pretty solid info about the happenings at Nintendo EPD. Nintendo's internal projects in-particular have always been super secretive, but since the Switch launched Emily has really been on the ball.

I'd guess people who know people who know people inside. Like, internal people talk to friends who might be journalists or in marketing or whatever, who talk to insiders who are connected to those circles (like Emily). So the information always comes at a remove.
Haha. To be serious as far as I know there's only one insider who's heard rumors of a Mario Kart coming. Idk if anyone else has heard it. Then there's another insider who heard that BotW 2 might not make it this year.

So I kind of think if these insiders talk to each other maybe they start coming to a conclusion a new Mario Kart is coming this holiday.
I mean, I'm a huge fan of Kart and I've probably played close to 150 hours of 8 and 8 DX combined - that's a substantial amount when I don't manage to game with friends or online as much as I used to. I'd absolutely take a new version because I thought 7 and 8 and 8DX were all great and I'd back the team to knock it out the park again (despite whatever Tour is). My personal preference is for Zelda and a new/rebooted IP from the Kart team, but if we get new Kart I'm still going to be happy. Switch really spoils me. Sometimes it's like Nintendo are commissioning and releasing my fever dreams - especially last year, with a new Platinum IP and a Link's Awakening remake revealed back to back.

It's going to be really interesting to see if either a new Kart or Zelda turn up in the next Direct. Or if we hit the motherlode and both happen. And if neither happen, let the speculation go wild!

Mimosa

Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I imagine a lot of people at ubis- I mean, your company have some beef and get burnt out, but I agree that it's curious

ahahah what is this "ubis" company you speak of??

But seriously - I'd say we actually have one of the better company cultures for the industry. We're very French in our approach to work-life balance, and employees are generally highly valued. Not saying it's all roses for everyone, but that's my experience!

Everyone knows the insiders have a uncle who works at nintendo™️ Lol.

Plot twist: all insiders are cousins and share the same Nintendo Uncle since 1995

I'm guessing you didn't leak Mario + Rabbids 😛

...or DID I...?

(lowkey that was upsetting when it happened)

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
No way, it's been 3 years since ARMS, MK9 if it is their next game, is surely still in development, though it surely would be ready by November

But mk8 is done is 2014. So i think one small team was making the deluxe version. The other team make Arms because it is not so big game to make. And i think a big team there starting with the new Mk game back in 2014.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
About MK 9 (or X) for holiday 2020. All the discussions is because Nintendo needs a strong software and there is no pokemon, no zelda (I hope otherwise however), no Mario etc this year.

But there is a system seller that place 3-4 millions in Japan and maybe 10 ww perfect for Novembre and with a serious roumor about :roll:...

ooo.jpg

They ideally want a huge first party title, considering they get way, way less revenue for third party game sales.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've wondered this, especially when Emily's been giving us pretty solid info about the happenings at Nintendo EPD. Nintendo's internal projects in-particular have always been super secretive, but since the Switch launched Emily has really been on the ball.

I'd guess people who know people who know people inside. Like, internal people talk to friends who might be journalists or in marketing or whatever, who talk to insiders who are connected to those circles (like Emily). So the information always comes at a remove.

I mean, I'm a huge fan of Kart and I've probably played close to 150 hours of 8 and 8 DX combined - that's a substantial amount when I don't manage to game with friends or online as much as I used to. I'd absolutely take a new version because I thought 7 and 8 and 8DX were all great and I'd back the team to knock it out the park again (despite whatever Tour is). My personal preference is for Zelda and a new/rebooted IP from the Kart team, but if we get new Kart I'm still going to be happy. Switch really spoils me. Sometimes it's like Nintendo are commissioning and releasing my fever dreams - especially last year, with a new Platinum IP and a Link's Awakening remake revealed back to back.

It's going to be really interesting to see if either a new Kart or Zelda turn up in the next Direct. Or if we hit the motherlode and both happen. And if neither happen, let the speculation go wild!
Yeah I basically agree. My preference is also Zelda and a new IP or rebooted IP from EPD 9. I REALLY hope BotW 2 or some game from EPD 9 shows up at this next direct because if neither show up, we're going another 4 months of speculation on the holiday 2020 game.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019

But seriously - I'd say we actually have one of the better company cultures for the industry. We're very French in our approach to work-life balance, and employees are generally highly valued. Not saying it's all roses for everyone, but that's my experience!

Plot twist: all insiders are cousins and share the same Nintendo Uncle since 1995

...or DID I...?

this is all very good to hear, thanks for your insight

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017

I always assume it was a third party who helps with marketing and people kind of filling in gaps from there.

Because I totally agree, I never understood the idea of risking your career over leaking something... and for what..?

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
But mk8 is done is 2014. So i think one small team was making the deluxe version. The other team make Arms because it is not so big game to make. And i think a big team there starting with the new Mk game back in 2014.

Do you have a source for the three teams? Otherwise, no, ARMS and MK8Deluxe took their whole team to develop.

Plus, why would Nintendo "sit" on new games for years?

Mimosa

Verified
Oct 23, 2019
I don't know if i could survive BoTW2 not appearing in the next direct D:

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
No new MK game is not in development since 2014. Yabuki's team is not about big group and small group. MK8 Deluxe is something that was easily done in few months i think. New MK or whatever they project is likely in full production since early 2017.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I don't know if i could survive BoTW2 not appearing in the next direct D:

I could, but my boyfriend already wants to know what is up with that game, he was pretty upset when he finished BOTW and realized that when he returned to his save file, the world was still the same before defeating Ganon lol

Oct 24, 2019

...or DID I...?

can you tell me anything about Gods & Monsters pretty please? Can't wait for that game, I need it now!

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
the video game industry being so spread out makes leaks work differently then movies

movie leaks could and often do come from a drunk producer at a bar in L.A.

ofcourse assassins creed on a plane and halo on a barn happened

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Do you have a source for the three teams? Otherwise, no, ARMS and MK8Deluxe took their whole team to develop.

Plus, why would Nintendo "sit" on new games for years?

I don't have an source but The epd teams are really big and the works on many titles together. And why the do that. So the wait for the right moment to bring it out. The rumours are also going about the Prime trilogy HD that's is already done but Nintendo waits for the right moment to bring it out

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I agree with your point but *cough* mpt *cough* allegedly *cough*
I don't have an source but The epd teams are really big and the works on many titles together. And why the do that. So the wait for the right moment to bring it out. The rumours are also going about the Prime trilogy HD that's is already done but Nintendo waits for the right moment to bring it out

MPT is not a new game. It's a port/remaster/remake/whatever, but not a new game.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MPT HD is tied to MP4. MP4 was delayed so it makes sense Nintendo delayed releasing MPT. You're talking about a brand new Mario Kart and you're saying its been done for years. If one is coming they would've started in 2017. Over 3 years of development to release this holiday

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Every time I go to Youtube there's a new Gamexplain video talking about more new information that has leaked out on Animal Crossing New Horizons.

I'm not sure what Nintendo's gameplan is here.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
If new Mario Kart is coming am excited to see how it looks, MK8D on Switch looks incredible and that's just Wii U game bumped up to 1080p.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
It's nothing bad.

I'm expecting my first child this summer. Many journalists/game developers have known about this since November, but I never made this news public.

Born too soon for the PS5/Series X launch, born too late for the Switch launch, born just on time for Nintendo's first Direct of 2020 this summer.

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.