• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Going forward, my time spent on Era will be less due to personal / health reasons. But I just want to thank everyone here for the fun discussions and conversations regarding Nintendo's lineup. The Nintendo fan community on Era has always seemed like a pretty cool group of people.
Hope everything's going to be okay.

You have done so much for this community, we'll always be grateful and you'll obviously always be welcome here for some Nintendo chat :)

Edit : Congratulations !

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
Going forward, my time spent on Era will be less due to personal / health reasons. But I just want to thank everyone here for the fun discussions and conversations regarding Nintendo's lineup. The Nintendo fan community on Era has always seemed like a pretty cool group of people.
I was kinda sad about that, till i read that its because of a child. Thats great. Wish you best of luck with the birth and that the child is healthy =D

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Touche, good point. Still, that's a series which has historically had multiple entries per console, unlike Mario Kart.

It's actually not a good point because the legs of Mario Party's sales are not anywhere near as crazy as Mario Kart's sales. Mario Kart has been up in sales every single year so far. Name another game that achieved the same. GTA V or Minecraft maybe but aside of those, good luck.

Beamerball

Jan 16, 2018
Question: did you ever have inside information at some point that turned out to be true and what game was it?

Obviously you don't have to answer if that would put you and your source in danger but I thought it was an interesting question.
I know I mentioned this earlier in the thread but I used to know a guy who worked at EA in Orlando. So I got to see some stuff before it was public about some of their sports games but didn't want to mention anything on the forums I was posting in at that time

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
It's actually not a good point because the legs of Mario Party's sales are not anywhere near as crazy as Mario Kart's sales. Mario Kart has been up in sales every single year so far. Name another game that achieved the same. GTA V or Minecraft maybe but aside of those, good luck.

....That's not the point? I was only bringing up that both Mario Kart and Mario Party had Switch entries, but they only brought up Mario Kart.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
It's nothing bad.

I'm expecting my first child this summer. Many journalists/game developers have known about this since November, but I never made this news public.
Thanks for all of your insight and I hope you and your child are super healthy! Wishing all the best and congratulations on your pregnancy!

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
It wouldn't be any weirder than a full-fledged Mario Kart 9 though.

They can tweak the artstyle and gameplay to make it different enough, maybe a double dash 2 could work, with how the og switch already includes two controllers.

That or a new kart racing game using a different Nintendo IP focusing more on single player content. Or a new F-Zero. Ok that won't happen but I want that.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Splatoon 2 sold around 10 million copies and if you follow the sales threads you will notice that it has lost its momentum. It isn't selling anymore so there won't be much lost momentum at all. It can still sell a few million if Nintendo lets it be but I hope you're not under the impression that it's selling like Mario Kart or something. It would be fine for Nintendo to release Splatoon 3.

No i think Splatoon 3 is an great launch year game. Not an game for this generation.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Wait, is your "Not BotW2" take actual info or your own personal deduction?

I really don't wanna give up hope on a 2020 BoTW2. I love that team's work (except SS) but it'd be lowkey rediculous if they can't make that timeslot

:/

What I've heard but not impossible it makes it.

Wouldn't count on it though. If they need more time, give it to them.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Congratulations, Emily. Thank you for everything you've done for this (batshit insane)community.

I hope your child is like my wife's and I second child and not like our first - a sleeper!

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
It's nothing bad.

I'm expecting my first child this summer. Many journalists/game developers have known about this since November, but I never made this news public.

Well, that's surely a megaton. Congratulations, Emily, and thanks for everything you did and you're doing for this community :D

Fifstar

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people believe that Botw2 won't make the holidays? Info from insiders or just general scepticism because it's Zelda and we haven't heard anything since the reveal trailer?

I'm kinda pessimistic myself, but from a business pov it makes an awful lot of sense this holidays and from a development pov you would think it should be possible to do a same engine game with probably a large pool of shared assets in 4 years.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
It's nothing bad.

Take care and congrats!
Thanks for your posts over the months/years, and hope to see one of your blogposts again some day.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

It's a good point in the sense that I was jokingly saying there is a Mario Kart on the system, so they don't need to port another one. I know there are many reasons why a new MK doesn't make sense while a new Mario Party does.

Congratulations, Emily. Thank you for everything you've done for this (batshit insane)community.

I hope your child is like my wife's and I second child and not like our first - a sleeper!

Yeah, there's something about first kids where they just don't sleep. My daughter didn't sleep until 14 months, my older brother never slept as a baby, my wife who's the oldest never slept as a baby...

At the same time I'm hopeful that our eventual second will sleep well because of that but also dreading a possible repeat of that year of sleeplessness that we had.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Why do people believe that Botw2 won't make the holidays? Info from insiders or just general scepticism because it's Zelda and we haven't heard anything since the reveal trailer?

I'm kinda pessimistic myself, but from a business pov it makes an awful lot of sense this holidays and from a development pov you would think it should be possible to do a same engine game with probably a large pool of shared assets in 4 years.
Info.

3 years dev time, don't forget the dlc.

Lozjam

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
It's nothing bad.

Congratulations Emily! You are truly the one who made this community. Thank you for your years of interesting insights, rumors, and fun speculation. I am sure that this baby, will be one of the luckiest ones in the world.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Just caught up on about 22 pages since I crashed and fell asleep last night around 10pm EST. This thread is FLYING

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a good point in the sense that I was jokingly saying there is a Mario Kart on the system, so they don't need to port another one. I know there are many reasons why a new MK doesn't make sense while a new Mario Party does.

Yeah, there's something about first kids where they just don't sleep. My daughter didn't sleep until 14 months, my older brother never slept as a baby, my wife who's the oldest never slept as a baby...

At the same time I'm hopeful that our eventual second will sleep well because of that but also dreading a possible repeat of that year of sleeplessness that we had.
Haha, exactly. Our son didn't sleep through the night until about 18 months. He's 3 and a half now and still will sometimes wake once or twice. Our daughter is 4 months old and only wakes once per night to feed. It's life changing have a baby that actually sleeps.

Mr.Gamerson

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Zelda being delayed a bad thing? They may want to make the game better at launch or release the game at a more opportune time.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Don't count on a game making a release date or window it was never announced for and you can't be let down.
I doubt that game misses FY 2020 but if it does, it does

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Thank you, and congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.