• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last February had two directs on the same month, the first one being on the second week and the second one on the fourth week of the month. Could very well just be a repetition of that pattern.

That being said, what's the source of the "there's an AC embargo on the renders until the 20th" thing?

Don't want to put him too much in the spotlight but it's a reliable Capcom insider.

its alright i found the post in question.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That being said, what's the source of the "there's an AC embargo on the renders until the 20th" thing?
I write for a site that also compares different stores with eachother to see where you can buy games (and accessories) the cheapest in our country. We had a member ask on the forums why the images for the Animal Crossing cases were removed from our database (as they are on a lof of news sites that reported on the images because they showed new villagers), and one of our admins responded that he was asked to take them down because there was an embargo on the images until the 20th of February. I don't know if he was asked by Nintendo or Big Ben (who I think makes that specific case/accessory), and I haven't seen the email myself since that's not my job on that website, but I believe him. There's no other reason why he would release the image, but leave the listing for the item active.

Last edited:

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
If Super Mario 3D World isn't the first half Wii U port, I definitely feel like we'll get Paper Mario in the June spot. The second half isn't going to have three Mario games in six months (3D World, Paper Mario, and Mario Party/Kart)

TrainerRed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Snake Way
I need a roster position editor for Smash Bros Ultimate.
It can't be that Banjo is just as far away from characters as Mario or Donkey Kong in the selection roster.
Sakurai let us order the roster!
I need Sakurai to hear this request.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I write for a site that also compares different stores with eachother to see where you can buy games (and accessories) the cheapest in our country. We had a member ask on the forums why the images for the Animal Crossing cases were removed from our database (as they are on a lof of news sites that reported on the images because they showed new villagers), and one of our admins responded that he was asked to take them down because there was an embargo on the images until the 20th of February. I don't know if he was asked by Nintendo or Big Ben (who I think makes that specific case/accessory), and I haven't seen the email myself since that's not my job on that website, but I believe him.

Ok cool! Thanks for the answer.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Kart 9 is the big holiday game... For PS5/XBX/Stadia.

It might come to Switch 2 but nothing set in stone.

TechMetalRules

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 11, 2019
United States
And here I was thinking you were a tanuki kinda of nintendo ninja ... like in the style of Wonderful 101

doBUwQh.gif

Or just in the ninja glide way

oGEjibZ.gif
Pom Poko rules! I'll never forget my friend's mom giving me a copy of this taped off Japanese television (she was from Japan but lived in US) and watching it for the first time with no subtitles. I was completely baffled, but loved every second of it!

Anyway... I feel kinda scummy for waiting until now to vote on Feb 13th. Especially for being team January right up until the end.

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if Nintendo will launch an original game other than Animal Crossing in the first half.

TMS
Mystery Dungeon Remastered
Animal Crossing
Xenoblade Remastered
3D World/Pikmin 3 Remastered

Are looking like the Q1+Q2 games so far.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pom Poko rules! I'll never forget my friend's mom giving me a copy of this taped off Japanese television (she was from Japan but lived in US) and watching it for the first time with no subtitles. I was completely baffled, but loved every second of it!

Anyway... I feel kinda scummy for waiting until now to vote on Feb 13th. Especially for being team January right up until the end.
Yeah good movie. I remember it being very colorful yet kinda depressing at the same time.

_Malus_

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Hmm so based on recent information I am assuming:

This Thursday or Feb. 20th: AC Direct
Next week: General Direct

The wait is killing me. :/

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Quick question, why is everyone saying February 20? Heard about the two directs but why that date?
there was some Animal Crossing related embargo on that day apparently. Also its a Thursday (other game-specific showcases like the Pokemon Direct were on Thursday). And since we'll most likely get a general direct next week, a week afterwards (exactly one month before release) would make a lot of sense.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Sooo....

January: Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Brain Training (everywhere outside of the US)
February: E-Shop game
March: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX, Animal Crossing New Horizons
April: Wonderful 101 Remastered, Pikmin 3 Deluxe
May: Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
June: Paper Mario RPG, E-Shop game
July: Splatoon Spin-Off
August: Bayonetta 3, New IP
September: Super Mario 3D World Deluxe, Nintendogs (shadow drop), Bravely Default 2
October: Metroid V, New IP
November: Super Mario Party 2, Breath of the Wild 2
December: Nothing

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.