• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
But he's no stranger to toxic behavior online. Remember the Octopath threads where he said journalists praising the game were "worshipping at the altar of hyperbole," and that people who had played the demo were not qualified to judge whether they'd enjoy the final product -- all because he, personally, disliked it? Just because people are talented at their jobs, or offer you morsels of information, does not mean they should be put on pedestals (though nor should they be harassed, which is what Jason's throwing of Nate under the bus led to).

You missed the juicy part where, after calling out reviewers for their hyperbole, he unironically said that Xenoblade was garbage.

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Zanarkand
This insider stuff - do you know what's the easiest thing to do about people you view as wrong?

Keep your mouth shut. No one cares if you're right. No one cares if they're wrong. Just enjoy good discourse (well... attempts at good discourse) and then we'll know what's come true or not when the Direct arrives or when it doesn't.

Just stop being petty towards people that have no bearing on your life. Good grief. This thread is a relatively great place to enjoy hype, but glorified advertisements and people being wrong about what those ads contain or when they might arrive for your enjoyment has absolutely no bearing on your life.

Anyway, I heard nrvalleytime was probably going to retire as an insider. Good riddance.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
From what I remember, Jason had a valid point at the time that some in the circle of "Nintendo Insiders" often had/have homogeneous sourcing with circular corroboration, and mixed records in reality, particularly in past years where leaking was more pervasive and scattershot; however, he conducted himself very poorly in his expression of that point.

But he's no stranger to toxic behavior online. Remember the Octopath threads where he said journalists praising the game were "worshipping at the altar of hyperbole," and that people who had played the demo were not qualified to judge whether they'd enjoy the final product -- all because he, personally, disliked it? Just because people are talented at their jobs, or offer you morsels of information, does not mean they should be put on pedestals (though nor should they be harassed, which is what Jason's throwing of Nate under the bus led to).

I wish people would fixate less on insiders, and the insiders themselves would leak less -- especially when they do so mere hours/minutes before a reveal, solely for "cred." Insider culture in general is not terribly healthy for anyone involved -- the leakers, the developers, or those voraciously consuming leaks and searching tea leaves for "evidence."

I was just saying it's a bit unfair to judge Jason without seeing the original thread, but I haven't seen it either so I have no idea.
Was he not joking with the octopath comments? I'm guessing no but they sound like they could be.
And yeah leaks hours before the announcement seem pointless, and it's a shame instead of being excited for something and discussing it you might just have to stay offline so it can be a surprise.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
You have to understand that this rumor is saying two dream games that people have been waiting decades for are finally happening....around the same time. People don't want to get crushed.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
source.gif

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are arguing while I am sitting here and hoping that one of the rumored Directs will be another Pokémon Direct. 🤞

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Nintendo just announced a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Direct on twitter lmao and oh my god you're still reading my troll post go watch Bojack Horseman please.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Y'all are arguing while I am sitting here and hoping that one of the rumored Directs will be another Pokémon Direct. 🤞
I just want to know how the Crown Tundra will turn out. That one seems like it has a ton of potential, so I want to know more.

A 3D Mario Direct would be fun as well. Announce a 3D World port for the holidays and announce that the entire 3D Mario team has been lost in the move to the new studio. Not fired, either: when they were finished moving they looked around and Koizumi and crew were nowhere to be found. They just up and disappeared. Legends will say they haunt the streets of Kyoto, throwing caps at whoever meets them.

mera

Oct 2, 2018
playing my switch
some of y'all are awful. always chasing away the people who actually give us info and then complaining when insiders don't post here anymore. some of you are not even patient enough to wait and see whether or not what he predicted will come to fruition before slamming him. Since the mods backed him as being credible, I'll choose to wait and see what's up. Please nintendo, give us that direct before we all lose our minds.

Adam_kun

Jan 23, 2020
Yes 2 directs this month make sense. One general direct and a animal crossing direct. This is actually a good move to have all eyes on nintendo away from the PS5 which will also be revealed this month most likely.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Wait, are there really people who prefer 3D World to Odyssey?

3D World is the only 3D Mario game I actually didn't like. But go off I guess!
I can explain my viewpoint. 3D world was nonstop platforming and a good amount of it was tricky and difficult. The platforming in odyssey was incredibly easy. Even though it was a collectathon there were too many filler moons and not many of them felt rewarding. Also 3D world looked better graphically.

Status
Not open for further replies.