• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Remember those Animal Crossing cases showing off new characters that got deleted everywhere? Those images are embargoed until Feb 20th. Which is a thursday.

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
Ever Singe Reggie left the amount of directs have gone down a lot.

I'm still hopeful we will get one soon
I don't think that this has anything to do with Reggie. They changed the Nintendo Direct concept in general. Less showcases per year, but they're much more packed. I prefer this, since you can really expect 1-2 huge games whenever they announce a presentation. That wasn't even remotely the case before 2018.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember those Animal Crossing cases showing off new characters that got deleted everywhere? Those images are embargoed until Feb 20th. Which is a thursday.
Fits what I said. General direct this week and an Animal Crossing direct by February 20. Media will have hands on with the game by then to put previews up

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I don't think that this has to do anything with Reggie. They changed the Nintendo Direct concept in general. Less showcases per year, but they're much more packed. I prefer this, since you can really expect 1-2 huge games whenever they announce a presentation. That wasn't even remotely the case before 2018.
Yes many of the stuff that used to be on Directs are now announced randomly at the official social media channels.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
February 20th is definitely more of a game-specific Direct date than a general one, so i'll hold out hope for a general direct this week before the Japanese pre-orders start.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
I believe the Mario Maker 2 Direct also happened about one month before release.

This is an interesting comparison. Though, if there's anything I've learned from Nintendo as of late it's don't try and make predictions based on what they did in the past. Still, I want to believe a big ole Animal Crossing direct is coming later this month.

I'm starving for a direct this month.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is an interesting comparison. Though, if there's anything I've learned from Nintendo as of late it's don't try and make predictions based on what they did in the past. Still, I want to believe a big ole Animal Crossing direct is coming later this month.

I'm starving for a direct this month.
ARMS direct was May 17 and it released about a month later.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 direct was early November and the game released about a month later

Splatoon was July 6. So him sayin the embargo is February 20 that fits around a month Nintendo likes to do their game specific directs before release

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I'm interested in the W101 kickstarter too. I want to see how much it'll take to get funded and other details.

Feb 20th is my birthday but I hope the general direct is before then.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
when is the next potential Direct announcement? Tuesday? Or Wednesday?

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Alright then. Might as well let it out.

There's two Directs this month. You've already guessed what they obviously are. Not sure of the timing, but that Feburary 20th stuff lines up for AC.

Please don't flood me.

nesty_dara

Feb 12, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Animal Crossing is the game that will push me over the fence on Switch. Dont really care about any future revisions. This must be some kind of a jedi mind trick, forcing me to buy 3+ year hardware just for a single game :D

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
If they keep their thursday spot, it would be on the 6th, 7th is friday.
It'd be on the 7th in Japan, the timing works out pretty well.

Alright then. Might as well let it out.

There's two Directs this month. You've already guessed what they obviously are. Not sure of the timing, but that Feburary 20th stuff lines up for AC.

Please don't flood me.
Thank you man!

I worry for you now that you've spilt the beans though.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I'm shocked at the idea of a General Direct in February and an Animal Crossing Direct a month before it releases.

SHOCKED.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Good old Zippo! Thanks man.

Two Directs this month is pretty fun. There'll be rage-storms a-plenty if we get Animal Crossing first. A small, sadistic part of me hope that happens, if only so we get another 90 pages of the Nintendo Direct Despair Cycle.

Saying that, if we get a general Direct first, there'll be 90 pages of Why Nintendo And Others Do Not Value Or Care About Or Respect Animal Crossing And They Are Not Marketing It.

Whatever happens, we all win and we all lose! Rejoice!

Deleted member 63139

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2020

this is probably a press NDA deadline, we rarely have general direct in end of months so probably a dedicated AC direct...or not that might also be the preview release NDA because said characters are to be kept secret until then and not necessarily after a direct

AC is a jewel IP and I wouldn't care if the AC direct is before the general one,...I love that IP :), it's a mix of minecraft and Nintendo magic and it's so relaxing

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So, which will be first? General or Animal Crossing?
I mean, it's pretty obvious. General first.
Specific game directs are often close to release.

edit:
two directs in february is pretty much what people expected since last month isn't it? General in february was obvious after what happened in January, and waiting march for the AC direct would have been weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.