• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
This KS thing honestly concerns me. I hope it may start a kind of war to get things like Astral Chain and Bayonetta to other platforms, and that this thing may ruin relationship between PG and Nintendo in the long run. I really hope this does NOT happen because i love PG and i really want them on Nintendo consoles

Typical Reset Era overreaction drama

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Bruh if anything this is proof that the relationship between PlatinumGames and Nintendo is stronger than ever.
They sold the IP to PlatinumGames. Nintendo never do that usually.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
If Nintendo had a kickstarter for a new Nintendo Direct, would you all donate money? This is rhetorical because of course you all would!

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Does someone want to do a KS for another FExTMS? This time the real thing, tho, meaning no Idol stuff and the like. Dark Anime Fantasy, y'know.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This KS thing honestly concerns me. I hope it may start a kind of war to get things like Astral Chain and Bayonetta to other platforms, and that this thing may ruin relationship between PG and Nintendo in the long run. I really hope this does NOT happen because i love PG and i really want them on Nintendo consoles
If anything, this will strengthen their relationship. Nintendo obviously has great respect for Platinum. It would have been completely within their right to just sit on the IP.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
This Thread went from Speculating about the coming Direct from "Would you donate to this Kickstarter Project"

Are we that desperate 🙈 I guess so..🤷🏻‍♂️

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
I would donate speculation to a kickstarter direct thread
I would donate speculation to a kickstarter direct thread

Shut-up-and-take-my-money1.jpg

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo Direct Speculation |OT5| This thread has been funded by Kickstarter

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Nintendo saw TW101 as that useless that they couldn't have even funded a cheap port to enhance the library

Like, god damn

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

This Direct is weird as hell. Why do they keep reminding us of the release date over and over again.

Edit: 7 minutes in and I think this is the fifth time they are telling us the release date.

Edit 2: Okay the pro strats Kamiya is showing off look pretty badass

Edit 3: This could have just been an overview trailer.

Last edited:

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
What if the whole Kickstarter Project is for Sequel of W101 and not for a Port?

I refuse to believe that the Kickstarter is for a Port 🤷🏻‍♂️

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
At least we will have an idea how much a port costs albeit not fully indicative since it will be ported to 3(?) systems.

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Yeah, Directs have changed a lot, huh? Personally, even though the wait is more painful, I think I'll take the ones we have now where we get barraged for like 40 solid minutes of announcements. Less often but more packed with content seems to be the way to go.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I mean, Kamiya in a suit looks weird enough as is. But the direct's vibe is just ... yeah, not missing that.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird enough as is in hindsight that it even got a direct. Back then every game got a direct like oprah handed them out.
Kamiya was public about his fear that the game wasn't being properly marketed. Giving the game a Direct was probably Nintendo's way to remedy that concern, especially since the game's audience appeal was limited.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
Hey Doctre81 your video suggesting Alan Wake was being remastered just popped into my head again on a whim. Have you had any reason since posting it in September to second guess your prediction?

Personally I'm curious if it is true that if Virtuos has been helping Remedy for 6+ months on porting it to current gen if we might hear something soon, especially if it is announced via Direct
Well there was one other title I thought it could be but I don't wanna get anyones hopes up so I won't say. Its probably AW. I noticed that they dodged that question on the era Q&A. But who knows? I thought the first Virtuos games switch port was probably Batman and it ended up being LA Noire.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I remember every single direct in 2014 being expected to have smash. People thought ganondord in the HW as a lock, with him having his new warriors design.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
What do I gotta do to kickstart a Super Monkey Ball game in the style of the original game? Heck, I'll take a port of 1+2, please SEGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.