• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how much of this was true with Retro and Monster Games were possibly collaborating to bring back Diddy Kong Racing.

The interesting thing about this is this article barely came out half a year after TF's release. It would've meant this was being made during the timeframe of Tropical Freeze and not starting after.
The rumors began before we even knew that Monster were behind DKCR3D. I can't help feel that this had some truth to it.

ben_bot

Feb 26, 2019
Usually when there are new pages of this thread that I haven't read yet, I do a CMD+F and type in "MPT". More often than not, it finds "empty", which is basically how I feel all the time.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
I didn't even know people wanted Mario Party Tactics, not even sure how it would work but I guess I'll play it.

fossi8

One Winged Slayer
Apr 22, 2018
Happy to see Zippo very active in this thread.

My buddies, I feel it in my veins, next Direct the week after.

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Who's ready for another week of boring

At least we get some numbers from the investor meeting

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Really? What happened to those pictures of a 'Zelda-ish' environment? I thought that'd be really cool.

Although if it isn't real, I will accept Xenoblade 3 as an alternative. Mostly I just want them to unveil whatever it is they have cooking other than XC1Remake.

Those are for recruitment purposes. Much like the infamous "3DS project".

I'm 98% positive we'll learn about their next project a year from now

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Really? What happened to those pictures of a 'Zelda-ish' environment? I thought that'd be really cool.

Although if it isn't real, I will accept Xenoblade 3 as an alternative. Mostly I just want them to unveil whatever it is they have cooking other than XC1Remake.
The images and related hiring info originally seemed to actually be for a new project/new IP, but info since then, and the announcement of Xenoblade DE, makes it seem increasingly likely that it is/was just another recruitment page.

Deleted member 43657

User requested account closure
Banned
May 19, 2018

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
I want the direct to feature video games, that can be purchased with money. Make it happen, Nintendo.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My advice is to not trust sabi or zippo or whatever. I'm pretty sure paper mario and metroid have been floating around in certain circles for a while now and zippo/sabi got scraps somehow. Honestly though a return to form for PM and a new 2d metroid are not even things that haven't been speculated for 2020 lmao. feels like zippo is purposefully being vague about what is speculation and what is actual info too, it helps that he can always play the "plans change" card. Plans do change but i would only trust emily, zell and nate when it stuff like that happens. Not trying to attack anyone but just giving my 2 cents :)
All that matter is BotW 2 is coming this holiday.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Also bear in mind, Nintendo has no announced mobile games coming up right now.

Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Zelda revealed or something

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
I'd be surprised if they didn't announce a new mobile game. Mario Kart Tour has been out for a few months and we don't know what comes next.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Zelda Mobile, or perhaps a Splatoon mobile game, could definitely be announced during the meeting. I'm not expecting much else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.