• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, "plans change all the time" is the "get out of jail for free" card that any insider is using and what leads to having tons of fake insiders being followed on the internet.

If you're not sure about something, just say it's speculation or don't say it (or say it after it was cancelled). Unless you want to be seen as another Vergeben/Sabi/DrCupcake I guess.
You can feel this way but yes plans do change everytime. You saw that even with dated games this year (deluge of delays) so it is even worse with unrevealed games.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Given the state of Mario Kart right now and why people think one on Switch is unlikely, if you start implying a new Nintendo/Mario Kart is coming to Switch with a reputation of inside info and don't flag it as speculation... then you really should get no mercy from the community you fooled should the game not happen.
This is too much. He said speculation.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
To be fair, "plans change all the time" is the "get out of jail for free" card that any insider is using and what leads to having tons of fake insiders being followed on the internet.

If you're not sure about something, just say it's speculation or don't say it (or say it after it was cancelled). Unless you want to be seen as another Vergeben/Sabi/DrCupcake I guess.
The ironic thing is most of the internet believes fake insiders like that Markomaro Twitter account.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
There is an argument to be made as to if Donkey Kong deserves more love than its been getting, but I think that Nintendo's mindset right now is "Mario sells more and is our biggest IP, so why make a 2D or 3D Donkey Kong when we can make another 2D or 3D Mario instead?"

Also, nah. Retro has no other projects but Prime 4 in the world right now.

The first one. Dkc and dk can co exist with Mario it did on the Snes the n64 the GameCube wii and wii u.

And second the third dkc game Retro is already done. But Nintendo is waiting to release it.

And why should Nintendo make an new 2d Mario when you have Mario Maker 2.

And we can not have 10 years with an great franchise like Donkey kong. And that we'll a point that i hate. The bring so much Zelda Mario out. But many other franchise they let them down like Star fox Dk etc

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Wait, I clearly missed some stuff. Is somebody seriously saying that Mario Kart isn't coming because it hasn't been announced yet? Am I reading this correctly?

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Stop being dramatic. I'm saying that people will be upset if you say games are coming that dont happen.
"then you really should get no mercy from the community you fooled should the game not happen."

Your words.

You are the one being dramatic, no the other way around. Imagine saying that about rumors for a videogame.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And this is why insiders don't come here often. That was something labeled as my personal opinion/speculation. Can't even converse without idiots like you declaring war on me. This shit is not worth it.
I'm sure you're a good guy and just wanna make everybody happy but
d4edbf54d88fdce67723bd3057c8ebefc01e167f481a2180d5db354a9b8cf48d_1.jpg

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"then you really should get no mercy from the community you fooled should the game not happen."

You are the one being dramatic, no the other way around. Imagine saying that about rumors for a videogame.

No mercy to me was losing credibility and possibly getting a ban. Harassment was not my idea, sorry if people took it that way.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
The first one. Dkc and dk can live against Mario it did on the Snes the n64 the GameCube wii and wii u.

And second the third dkc game Retro is already done. But Nintendo is waiting to release it.

And why should Nintendo make an new 2d Mario when you have Mario Maker 2.

And we can not have 10 years with an great franchise like Donkey kong. And that we'll a point that i hate. The bring so much Zelda Mario out. But many other franchise they let them down like Star fox Dk etc

First point, I sorta agree, but it really depends on circumstances. Mario and Donkey Kong are both the same type of game: platformer. Nintendo seems to prefer other non-Mario platformers to be made by other companies, like Kirby and Yoshi. 3D Donkey Kong was made by Rare. When is the last time that EPD made a non-Mario platforming game?

Second, still nah. It would have been released, leaked, or teased by now.

Third: Money, and the fact that we don't have a new mainline 2D Mario game on the system. We have a Maker title and a port.

Fourth: Well.... It could be worse. You could be a F-Zero, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Wave Race, or 1080 Snowboarding fan. All were great franchises that Nintendo abandoned.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
But i hope the direct will coming soon so the speculation is over and than we now exactly what 2020 have to offer.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I really miss King Zell's contributions. He didn't say much but when he did it was always very exciting. :(

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
First point, I sorta agree, but it really depends on circumstances. Mario and Donkey Kong are both the same type of game: platformer. Nintendo seems to prefer other non-Mario platformers to be made by other companies, like Kirby and Yoshi. 3D Donkey Kong was made by Rare. When is the last time that EPD made a non-Mario platforming game?

Second, still nah. It would have been released, leaked, or teased by now.

Third: Money, and the fact that we don't have a new mainline 2D Mario game on the system. We have a Maker title and a port.

Fourth: Well.... It could be worse. You could be a F-Zero, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Wave Race, or 1080 Snowboarding fan. All were great franchises that Nintendo abandoned.

First point when Nintendo is smart the buy Playtonic make them bigger and make them the Dkc studio.

Second you never know not everything leaks out at Nintendo. And it can by announcing at the new direct and launch an few months later.

Third i think an new 2D Mario is not in works and the last 2D Mario games there are not so good like the old ones

Fourth Yes but that's what i hate about Nintendo you have so much beautiful ip's but you not using then. So sad

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Anyone can come on here and pretend to be an insider making informed guesses. Anything correct makes them look like the real deal, anything wrong can be explained by 'things changing.'

Posters here believe they can tell the difference between the genuine article and fakers and get a little too confident with their adulation and their righteous indignation. I think the only reasonable way to consume all of this is with mountains of salt and good humor. Not a good look for any of the folks posting here to get nasty with one another over internet speculation.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
So what about that SF V Champions Edition On Switch Leak by Eb Games? Fake? Mistake?

Too specific to be a mistake. Tweet clearly states the the game is coming to other platform, they didn't mean to say PS4. Also it's too close to Japanese Evo finals, Capcom sure to make an announcement there. Might have sent this tweet a little too early.

We'll see.

dkcfan

Banned
Jan 21, 2020
Mistake.
But what a fucking huge show stopper it would be if it ended being revealed in a direct. SF V is awesome, and that edition with basically everything including costumes is crazy packed.

When it is real let Nintendo reveal the game in an Switch headlines part of the direct. Not like what the did with Overwatch to make it the opening of an direct of to close witg this game the direct

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
Let's hope otherwise DK will not get appearing in an new game the next 5 years i think.

My schedule
February that Pokémon game
March Animal Crossing new horizon
April Mario 3d world port
May Xenoblade remake
June Dkcr3 from retro studios
Juli Pikmin 3 port
August Metroid 2d
September Bayonetta 3
Oktober Paper Mario
November Nintendo kart/Diddy kong racing 2
December Bravely default 2

Than it will be an good year.
And then in 2021
Breath of the wild 2
Mario odyssey 2
Pikmin 4
Star fox made together with Nintendo at Ubisoft
Splatoon 3

And then in 2022 before switch 2 launch an big last title for the current Switch Prime 4.
I still hold hope for Retro having a DK game on the horizon, but realistically I think they've got nothing.

I honestly think Retro are long since past their best and I fully expect MP4 to tank. I know that'll be an unpopular view on here... but 6 years of nothing is not a good atmosphere to make a good game within.

Last edited:

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
You can feel this way but yes plans do change everytime. You saw that even with dated games this year (deluge of delays) so it is even worse with unrevealed games.
I'm definitely not saying plans don't change everytime lol. Just that reputable insiders usually avoid talking about things they aren't sure about yet, or know that they risk to be cancelled or similar.
The ironic thing is most of the internet believes fake insiders like that Markomaro Twitter account.
Well yeah, that's what I'm pointing out. An insider that says stuff that people want to hear even if it's fake, followed by "remember, plans change everytime" allows them to keep that "fanbase" around. It's the classic cheap politician strategy.

edit: why the fuck are some people defending harassment though?

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
As it relates to the potential announcement of SFV on the switch.

Mike used to work for capcom until recently, He would have been aware of something like this so considering even he is confused about it I would imagine someone actually is messing with EBGames twitter

What a weird prank. I mean, if I hijacked an important retailer twitter, I'd go for more exciting stuff, like Kingdom Hearts 3 or RE2 Remake. And just one tweet? Why not more?

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
I'm definitely not saying plans don't change everytime lol. Just that reputable insiders usually avoid talking about things they aren't sure about yet, or know that they risk to be cancelled or similar.

he said that he was just going to start talking about things he didn't know, he said that he wasn't going to give inside Infos anymore, he was just going to speculate, like we were all doing.

so just because he's an insider he's allowed to only talk about insider info?

wtf...

it's because people like you that almost all insiders stopped giving us hints.

people just cant control themselves, amazing

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Given the state of Mario Kart right now and why people think one on Switch is unlikely, if you start implying a new Nintendo/Mario Kart is coming to Switch with a reputation of inside info and don't flag it as speculation... then you really should get no mercy from the community you fooled should the game not happen.
Wait, where did he even say that?
He already said multiple times, he is gonna be very explicit when it's insider info, anything else is just speculation.
I understand why he turned so hostile now, you are reading too much into his post and got upset, even though he is just here with everyone else speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.