• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lifehack: Pre-order Animal Crossing from Target and receive a free journal with included calendar which you can then use to keep track of all the weeks without a general direct

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Yeah Switch will definitely top 2019 sales in 2020, especially if Switch Pro is real. I expect a surprising 22 million units in just one year! This will be the year Nintendo targets the expanded audience, we're getting games that are never been on a Nintendo platform like Halo or BioShock, this is the year it'll be more than just a Nintendo handheld.

Isn't the switch lite the console for trying to expand the audience? Switch Pro if it is a real thing doesn't seem like it would do that.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't the switch lite the console for trying to expand the audience? Switch Pro if it is a real thing doesn't seem like it would do that.

I don't think it had such purpose. It's a Switch with less features, I don't think there's a big audience that had been waiting for it. They reach to outside audiences with games, not hardware revisions.

I don't know why they chose this to remaster for Switch. It had a glitchy combat and very outdated visuals (this was supposed to be a DS game but moved to 3DS). The remaster game should have been Rune Factory Oceans, superior in every way.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
I don't think it had such purpose. It's a Switch with less features, I don't think there's a big audience that had been waiting for it. They reach to outside audiences with games, not hardware revisions.

I don't know why they chose this to remaster for Switch. It had a glitchy combat and very outdated visuals (this was supposed to be a DS game but moved to 3DS). The remaster game should have been Rune Factory Oceans, superior in every way.

It's $100 cheaper which I think is significant for quite a few people.
Especially for kids who have no money and maybe don't have their own tv.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
the lead designer for DKCTF had joined them, but he recently left and rejoined retro. the big studio formed by former retro people is Armature Studios which looking at what they've been working on recently, i'm not sure how that worked out for them...

screenshot2020-01-23ajqkl8.png
They are the co dev of Fornite. They are doing fine

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Chances of a Switch exclusive kind of experimental or gimmicky KH just went up today

Nomura said: they have two new KH teams in addition to the main one and the UX one. It'll be a while before the next main one, and the UX one just announced Project Xehanort, and there's another game that's coming "sooner than we think" (probably from one of the two new teams.)

I don't know what else it'd be other than a spin-off, and I really think they would want a game on Switch. And what Wmily said abojt Rpgs... :o

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Chances of a Switch exclusive kind of experimental or gimmicky KH just went up today

Nomura said: they have two new KH teams in addition to the main one and the UX one. It'll be a while before the next main one, and the UX one just announced Project Xehanort, and there's another game that's coming "sooner than we think" (probably from one of the two new teams.)

I don't know what else it'd be other than a spin-off, and I really think they would want a game on Switch. And what Wmily said abojt Rpgs... :o
Are we sure the game "sooner than we think" isn't just the new mobile game they announced today?

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Are we sure the game "sooner than we think" isn't just the new mobile game they announced today?
Yes
We still need some time with regards to main line Kingdom Hearts, but first up the KH UX team will have a surprising announcement tomorrow. Aside from the KH3 and KH UX teams, we actually have two new teams in operation, and from them one title will be coming surprisingly soon

SuperL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
next week when we get numbers, pokemon sw/sh and splatoon 2 will join the list of 10 million sellers on switch.

the current list:
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 19.01 million
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 15.71 million
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 15.38 million
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 14.54 million
  • Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! - 11.28 million
splatoon and sw/sh's latest numbers:
  • Splatoon 2 - 9.28 million
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield - 6 million

Going off-topic for a second. It's crazy that The Switch has four games that have sold more than the Wii U's entire LTD. Two of them even WERE on the Wii U.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Cool

Hopefully it includes Switch as a platform

Dare I say... it is the TWEWY 2, but it's a full crossover with Kingdom Hearts? Plays and looks like KH, Disney worlds but Neku and friends instead of Sora & friends...

Nomura has already lots of stuff in his hands, I don't think a potential TWEWY 2 is coming from him.

Sep 14, 2018
Remember when Nintendo put a Direct on YouTube without announcing it first? Those proudly still on #TeamJanuary remember. You just gotta believe....right?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
So that mobile KH game is what Nomura was talking about coming soon?
No
We still need some time with regards to main line Kingdom Hearts, but first up the KH UX team will have a surprising announcement tomorrow. Aside from the KH3 and KH UX teams, we actually have two new teams in operation, and from them one title will be coming surprisingly soon
The mobile game is the UX team's announcement. Other game is from a new team and still unaccounted for and won't be a mainline (basically from what I understand, won't be KH4)

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Square has been a strong supporter of Nintendo, but i am going to feel a little empty until FF1-6, Chrono Trigger and some sort of Kingdom Hearts are on Switch.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Square has been a strong supporter of Nintendo, but i am going to feel a little empty until FF1-6, Chrono Trigger and some sort of Kingdom Hearts is on Switch.
Some people don't see it as likely, but I've always had a feeling Switch will get one of those quirky handheld KH spinoffs that Nintendo handhelds always get.

It wouldn't make sense to some because Switch is close to PS4 in power unlike other handhelds in their time, but Square is supporting the Switch really well and the series has historically been exclusive day one releases until KH3. I wouldn't be surprised to see them revert back to that for a smaller game. It's easier to develop for just one platform, and I know they probably want the series on Switch in some form

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No

The mobile game is the UX team's announcement. Other game is from a new team and still unaccounted for and won't be a mainline (basically from what I understand, won't be KH4)

Thank god. I hope this spin-off comes to Switch.

Square has been a strong supporter of Nintendo, but i am going to feel a little empty until FF1-6, Chrono Trigger and some sort of Kingdom Hearts are on Switch.

I'm 100% expecting Kingdom Hearts to show up on Switch with the old games and new games. The other stuff idk about tho

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I just woke up and dreamt about the next Direct. They announced a Banjo collection featuring the first two games and even Nuts & Bolts. It got a physical release as well.

This is surely happening now.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Some people don't see it as likely, but I've always had a feeling Switch will get one of those quirky handheld KH spinoffs that Nintendo handhelds always get.

It wouldn't make sense to some because Switch is close to PS4 in power unlike other handhelds in their time, but Square is supporting the Switch really well and the series has historically been exclusive day one releases until KH3. I wouldn't be surprised to see them revert back to that for a smaller game. It's easier to develop for just one platform, and I know they probably want the series on Switch in some form

Thank god. I hope this spin-off comes to Switch.

I'm 100% expecting Kingdom Hearts to show up on Switch with the old games and new games. The other stuff idk about tho

Yeah, the collection of 1.5 or 2.5 is pretty much all I want. Hoping they're both sooner rather than later. I'll take a spinoff as well as long as the gameplay resembles the main games.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Now that we're not expecting one to be announced, they'll announce a Friday Direct at 9AM sharp tomorrow. Never fails! Except when it does!

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
Do you guys think Nintendo will have an easier time getting a more solid 3rd party support with a Switch 2 considering that it's hardware is just as better than PS4 and the Switch is more powerful than the ps3/360?

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Do you guys think Nintendo will have an easier time getting a more solid 3rd party support with a Switch 2 considering that it's hardware is just as better than PS4 and the Switch is more powerful than the ps3/360?
I mean...yes? It would mean we would get all/most of the ports from games the Switch 1 missed this gen. But it also depends on how long cross-gen games will last.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Speaking of third parties...When was the last time we got a 3P game focused Direct? I know Japan had way more (MH4 and many more), but I remember we had W101 and Bayo 2 (ok, technically 2nd party). I feel like the only game-focused Directs we've gotten in the Switch era are first party titles. Do you think those Directs are a thing of the past?

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
Speaking of third parties...When was the last time we got a 3P game focused Direct? I know Japan had way more (MH4 and many more), but I remember we had W101 and Bayo 2 (ok, technically 2nd party). I feel like the only game-focused Directs we've gotten in the Switch era are first party titles. Do you think those Directs are a thing of the past?

does dragon quest count

not really the main focus of the direct but it had a big chunk in a direct last year

May 10, 2019

Almost all of these I'll be there for, along with some more remasters of SFC imports in the vein of the Romancing Sagas (Live A Live, Bahamut Lagoon, and Treasure Of The Rudras would all be amazing).

But more than that, I'm hoping and praying for something on the FF Tactics front to finally make sense to them. I don't care if it's War Of The Lions HD or a collection of Advance 1 and 2. Just let me have it, please.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I wonder if Monster Hunter will get its own Direct this year or they will just unveil it during a general Direct or E3

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
#JanuaryGeneralDirect isn't quite dead yet but the fishing boat is being readied as we speak

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.