• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Thats a weak ass year
Ignoring the fact you probably don't care for any of the games that Nintendo has announced for 2020.

It's funny because on any other platform like Sony or Microsoft this would be a pretty solid year.

Most of my friends who have Switches got them in anticipation of Animal Crossing. Also none of them played any of the remasters (rumored) to be coming, so they're excited about that too.

Animal Crossing and 3D World could both easily be over 10 million dollar sellers.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Ignoring the fact you probably don't care for any of the games that Nintendo has announced for 2020.

It's funny because on any other platform like Sony or Microsoft this would be a pretty solid year.

Most of my friends who have Switches got them in anticipation of Animal Crossing. Also none of them played any of the remasters (rumored) to be coming, so they're excited about that too.

Animal Crossing and 3D World could both easily be over 10 million dollar sellers.

3D World won't sell ten million. Maybe eight, but not ten.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
All of that plus 2d metroid, botw2, new paper mario and no more heroes 3

BOTW2 is hype, it kinda slipped my mind since we don't have a release window. I did include Paper Mario in my list. Dunno how to feel about Metroid since I don't have such a strong bond with that franchise. As for No More Heroes or Bayonetta, I personally don't care for either, but more power to those that do.

Is it trolling, though? That list is a remaster of a Wii title, two WiiU ports, a single new game (albeit from an awesome series), and DLC.

That's a weak year, but there will surely be more.

It really depends of the person you are asking. I for instance never had a Wii U nor Xenoblade, so the ports are the first time I get to experience these games. I adore Paper Mario and Pikmin, so this is excellent news for me.

And these franchises are amongst my favorites (Alongside Zelda), so a year full of them is wonderful for me.

For a person with these games, it is a rather weak year, but honestly, there are probably more games coming.

And I do consider it baiting since it was a reactionaty, drive by post without any further explanation of his opinions.

Last edited:

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
I find it amusing when people are already declaring 2020 to be a weak year for Nintendo despite that we are only half way through January. Just like last year too. Wait for the general Direct and then judge.

For example, last year February Direct was my most favorite Direct due to all the amazing games and updates that were announced: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Rune Factory 5, Astral Chain, Super Mario Maker 2 and Link's Awakening as well as other Jrpgs.

We just got to be patient which unfortunately not many of us have lol.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
look i'm getting my animal crossings and my deadly premonitions 2s and probably my xenoblades deluxe edition and my shin megami tensei 5s , and probably a lot of smash ultimate dlc meltdowns, so i'm good

Oct 25, 2017

Whats has Nintendo actually announced besides TMS #FE Animal Crossing and Xenoblade ? I have interested in one of those games so well . . .
I just feel that potential lineup is closer to 2018 than 2017 or 2019

Deleted member 33120

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Finding a bunch of remasters/ports that you've already played to be underwhelming isn't trolling.

I think this year sounds pretty weak outside of BotW2 and Paper Mario.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Finding a bunch of remasters/ports that you've already played to be underwhelming isn't trolling.

I think this year sounds pretty weak outside of BotW2 and Paper Mario.

There's gonna be other stuff. 2D Metroid, Animal Crossing, Bayonetta, the Splatoon spin-off, whatever the Mario Kart team is working on, maybe Mario Party or Mario Golf.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Is it trolling, though? That list is a remaster of a Wii title, two WiiU ports, a single new game (albeit from an awesome series), and DLC.

That's a weak year, but there will surely be more.
Yeah I'm not sure what folks are smoking other than being defensive. If that was all Nintendo had for this year it would be shit. If what's rumored pans out it will be a good year.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I guess we are at the "Nintendoomed" part of the year till the first general direct is announced.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Personally, the year sounds pretty underwhelming after how good 2019 was based on the rumors and speculation so far. If BotW2 gets delayed out of the year it makes it a lot worse.

I'm sure there will be plenty of 1st party releases, but I'm expecting a lot of ports/remasters/remakes which I'm growing tired of.

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm bored on a Saturday night while my daughter is asleep on me. Instead of guessing this year for Nintendo, why not try and guess next year?

What I think next year will look like:

2D Super Mario Bros.
Pikmin 4
Bayonetta 3
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Metroid Prime 4
3D Donkey Kong
Fire Emblem remake
2D The Legend of Zelda
Pokémon
New IP
Star Fox

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
2021?

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Pikmin 4
Donkey Kong 2D or 3D
Fire Emblem Remake
Wario Land
Mario Party (don't think it is coming this year)
Mario Kart team (not sure what lol)
Mario Strikers
2D Zelda (assuming BOTW 2 is coming this year)
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl
Super Mario RPG 2 by Square (pretty please)
Mario & DK
Kirby

Status
Not open for further replies.