• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Look, I want Metroid 5 more than any other video game on the planet, but it's been 18 years. I've kind of lost the ability to believe any rumors about it.

If it does end up being true, going to be super interesting to see where they go with Samus as a mutant space fugitive on the run. Always thought the ending to Fusion was why they've never moved beyond it in the timeline, but if they found a cool way to do it, I'll be on board.

BestTestie

Banned
Jan 13, 2020
That would make us confused af as with the Metroid Prime Trilogy HD case...
Star Fox Grand Prix is more confusing honestly considering literally everyone and their mother knew about the game. Looking forward to hearing the cancellation story in 5 years, or about how some madman fooled every insider & journalist into believing his fake.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom

27d.jpg

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Sabi can be made into like an insider shield of sorts and just dump all credit on her so when things don't go as planned our insiders here are a-ok. She seems to enjoy the attention regardless.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously I can't stop thinking about a new Paper Mario RPG and a new 2D Metroid that continues the story being announced in the next direct.

You open with one and close with the other. my god greatest direct of all time! To keep my expectations in check I think we'll see only one announced and one saved for later (of course I want the dream of one starting and ending the difect)

I think you'd start with Paper Mario and end with Metroid.

Start the Metroid segment with this and reveal the story will finally continue.

Necro Felipe

Editor-in-chief at Universo Nintendo
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Brasil
Maybe Sabi can be made into like an insider shield of sorts and just dump all credit on her so when things don't go as planned our insiders here are a-ok. She seems to enjoy the attention regardless.

This is why I'm really think that if I point her as "insider" for this info, Zippo will be secure in our hands, hugs and whatnot hahaha

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I'd really like to know if reactions here would be comparable to the Horizon ZD on PC thread if BotW were to release on Steam et al. Hmmm.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The clan of leechers coming out of the wood to piggyback when someone potentially leaked something that has a chance at being correct lol

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
I'd really like to know if reactions here would be comparable to the Horizon ZD on PC thread if BotW were to release on Steam et al. Hmmm.
There is precedent for sony games releading on other platofrms though, If nintendo did everything would burn, it would be cinplete pandemonium with meltdowns.

Woyld be kinda cool tho.

BozPaggs

One Winged Slayer
Jan 11, 2019
London, United Kingdom
Seriously I can't stop thinking about a new Paper Mario RPG and a new 2D Metroid that continues the story being announced in the next direct.

You open with one and close with the other. my god greatest direct of all time! To keep my expectations in check I think we'll see only one announced and one saved for later (of course I want the dream of one starting and ending the difect)

I think you'd start with Paper Mario and end with Metroid.

Start the Metroid segment with this and reveal the story will finally continue.

Metroid music is so relentlessly hype inducing, That original title track is timeless. F*ck I can't wait!

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Did the old Metroid rumor say it was a brand new 2D Metroid like Zippo said? I can't remember. We assumed it was new then clown insiders started saying it was a remake. Nate even brought up it could be a remake
Late to reply, but as said by a few others, basically multiple insiders/leakers (with a good track record or not) talked about a new 2D Metroid game, some saying it'd be a remake (of Fusion or Super depending on the person), some saying it'd be brand new, and some saying they had no idea. But all those details are old by now.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
HEY SABI, REPORT ON MY LEAKS!

Super Mario Galaxy 3 is coming this year, and will have some sort of multiplayer component. Cappy is a powerup.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
About "Liam looking into it", when is the last legit info that came from him? Wasn't he supposed to look into Scalebound too?

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I see no giant yoshi
No joke, when it came out I was in the Nintendo store, had it in my hand, and was almost at the counter when I decided against it.
whoa!!! impressive collection
Wow that's impressive !
Thanks! I'm deciding which line to finish now. I think I'm missing one of the Zelda line, and I wanna finish the Fire Emblem line, but Alm and Ceilica are super expensive after market atm. Don't foresee them going down either.

FloofyMoofys

Aug 19, 2019
I am shocked by how few Joy-con colours we've got so far. Releasing lots of different colours and letting people mix and match sounds like guaranteed money.

Edit: Also you technically can get two Pink joycons because the splatoon set's colours are flipped depending on regions.
I have the splatoon set on rn but nothing will top the pink of the ds lite! I wouldn't mind like a mint and violet set either

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Please let the 2D Metroid 5 rumor be real. Please don't let it be a remake of Fusion or Super because neither are even remotely needed. Please for the love of God let Mercury Steam pull out all the stops to make this a AAA quality game!

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Probably unlikely to ever happen again. Game bombed hard and bad reception.

I think he means another 3D 3rd person action Metroid game and I agree. We need a 3D Metroid game that isn't a FPS so Samus can use her athletic abilities in a 3D world. I think that kinda game would do pretty well among younger Nintendo fans.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Other M had good points and good intentions. The developer choice fit with the design (and no I'm not talking about ZSS design).
But overall, it's a bad Metroid game.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I think he means another 3D 3rd person action Metroid game and I agree. We need a 3D Metroid game that isn't a FPS so Samus can use her athletic abilities in a 3D world. I think that kinda game would do pretty well among younger Nintendo fans.
No it wouldn't. Character action games already aren't big sellers, and metroid isn't. Combining the two won't help. Just make great metroid games that fans want and then can give good word of mouth.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
One day I want to see a Metroid game like Other M but good.

24162859924_4ec2e928b5_o.gif

But not until they get their house in order.

I remember buying it used at GameStop years ago and the cashier was like "uh, you sure you want that game man?" And I naively thought "yeah it's a 3rd person action Metroid game! How does that not sound like a good time?"

oh how I wish I knew

Status
Not open for further replies.