• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SurTAR

Dec 9, 2018
Do u think this year Will be the one for GTA V port? I wish lol but unfortunately i don't see it happening :(

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Do u think this year Will be the one for GTA V port? I wish lol but unfortunately i don't see it happening :(

Honestly no. And that's also why I don't believe in the RDR2 rumor.
It's unefortunate because I never really played GTA5 and would love to do so, but there's not way I play such long game if I don't have the ability to bring it with me when travelling.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I don't think a GTA V is happening at this point anymore tbh, even if it was seriously considered in the past. It's just too late now.

Simba1

Dec 5, 2017
I don't think a GTA V is happening at this point anymore tbh, even if it was seriously considered in the past. It's just too late now.

Its never its too late for most popular game last two generations, its still selling great on PS4/XB1, we are also getting much older ports on Switch than GTA V,
but yeah, chances are slimmer and slimmer how time passes.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every beginning of the year is the same. Every hour until a direct is announced will have the same people convince themselves through incredible auto-persuasion means that the year must be awful if they haven't already announced half a million games by that point, despite that it's the exact same state as every beginning of the year. And every year it turns out to be just fine whenever they decide to communicate. I don't know if that's just terrible cases of anxiety (although being anxious over video games is nerdy af) or genuinely collective amnesia of how things roll out every year. You'd think that people who keep analyzing patterns would get that by now.

This Q1's releases are set. Jan has TMS #FE and Smash DLC. Feb has FE DLC. March has Pokémon Mystery Dungeon and Animal Crossing. From Q2 onwards is when things needs to be revealed or dated. Nintendo usually announces games roughly two months before release at worst (see Mystery Dungeon for example recantly, RFA was announced even later but being a different kind of game it's another scenario). I don't think they would skip Golden Week in Japan (last two weeks of April) as it's a big holiday period and they didn't miss it for the past three years (2019 had Labo VR Kit, 2018 had the original two Labo and DKCTF, 2017 had MK8D), so a Direct can come in early march at worst. Pikmin 3 is a very solid candidate for a Golden Week release, as Nintendo already released two wii u ports at that date over the last three years.

There's your schedule. In between now and early march. Now it's just a waiting game and not an anxious one.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
With that logic, Mario Kart Arcade Gp would be MK 10 then.

Mario Arcade GP Vr would be MK9 and Mario Kart Tour would be MK 10

but that is ignoring MK Arcade GP 1, 2 and DX

GP 1 was between Double Dash and DS
GP 2 was between DS and Wii
GP DX was between 7 and 8

So that would put Mario Kart Tour as MK 13

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Mario Arcade GP Vr would be MK9 and Mario Kart Tour would be MK 10

but that is ignoring MK Arcade GP 1, 2 and DX

GP 1 was between Double Dash and DS
GP 2 was between DS and Wii
GP DX was between 7 and 8

So that would put Mario Kart Tour as MK 13
Difference is that Mario Kart Tour was develeoped internally. The Arcade games were not

Kapote

Jul 3, 2019
I think MK 9 would be a completely redundant title, specially considering that MK 8 Deluxe is the best selling Switch game and continues to sell well.

Redundant to Nintendo, that already has a incredibly well performing MK
Redundant to the players that already have a MK

Even if they release a complete overhauled MK 9 most people would think "well, I already have MK"

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I think MK 9 would be a completely redundant title, specially considering that MK 8 Deluxe is the best selling Switch game and continues to sell well.

Redundant to Nintendo, that already has a incredibly well performing MK
Redundant to the players that already have a MK

Even if they release a complete overhauled MK 9 most people would think "well, I already have MK"

You could say the same thing about any title. 3D Mario, 3D Zelda, Mario Party, Fifa, Call of Duty. I really don't get this argument.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
My dream was for a barrage of Nintendo announcements to preorder with the last week of my Best Buy GCU.

That's just a big nope.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
Fans Direct Waiting mood cycle.
5d4ad171100a2432b1793449.png

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really think MK9 is necessary, but I would argue that doing a new racing game in general would be nice. Nothing except Mario Kart is going to cannibalize Mario Kart sales, but there's really never been a better time to push for an F-Zero revival.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still think Mario Kart 9 (or whatever they call it) is a perfect launch window game for the next system. It is an easy system mover.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really think MK9 is necessary, but I would argue that doing a new racing game in general would be nice. Nothing except Mario Kart is going to cannibalize Mario Kart sales, but there's really never been a better time to push for an F-Zero revival.

Tell me about it. They should really have a racing game come out, especially after Sonic and Crash racing came out last year. F-Zero, Wave Race, or Diddy Kong Racing. Hell, throw in 1080.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also of the opinion that Mario Kart Tour was Mario Kart 9 and there's little to zero chances we'll have a new Mario Kart game on the Switch. It doesn't make sense from either a development or business point.

I'd also rather have Kosuke Yabuki direct other games like he did with ARMS.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
I really don't think that F-Zero would sell well. Almost nobody remembers it, and it's a pretty hard series to get into for newcomers. If it's not MK9, it'll be a new IP.

TheSentry42

Nov 2, 2017
Has anyone speculated ironically yet that all these big game delays are just getting out of the way of the upcoming Nintendo Direct??

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
So far we have had news of Pokemon (in the 9th), Smash (16th), Fire Emblem (16th) and Animal Crossing (17th).

This month's Direct is already here. Some of you just haven't noticed it yet.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
no direct a few weeks into the year?
just walked by nintendos offices well my uncle did told me it was empty i think they're dead guys pack it up

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I really don't think that F-Zero would sell well. Almost nobody remembers it, and it's a pretty hard series to get into for newcomers. If it's not MK9, it'll be a new IP.
It's certainly not going to sell anywhere near Mario Kart numbers, but you look at games like Wipeout or even Fast RMX and it's pretty safe to say a new F Zero would deliver a decent number.

I think it makes more sense than another Mario Kart - but obviously the more time that passes, and the closer we get to some sort of hardware revision... then MK makes sense again.

All things considered, 2020 feels like a good time for a new Nintendo racing game.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
It's certainly not going to sell anywhere near Mario Kart numbers, but you look at games like Wipeout or even Fast RMX and it's pretty safe to say a new F Zero would deliver a decent number.

I think it makes more sense than another Mario Kart - but obviously the more time that passes, and the closer we get to some sort of hardware revision... then MK makes sense again.

All things considered, 2020 feels like a good time for a new Nintendo racing game.

This. Hopefully we'll see what the MK-team is working on soon.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
more people know who Captain Falcon is than know F-Zero

If people know Capt. Falcon they know F-Zero. They may never have played an F-Zero game but Nintendo makes no mystery of his origin.

Also, Fast RX is a good indication that there is a market for futuristic arcade racers like F-Zero. I'm not saying it will become the next big Nintendo Hit but it will sell more than it did during the GC days.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's true. Maybe people remember it on here, but 99% of the general public doesn't. And when the game didn't sell that well back then, has been on an almost two decade long hiatus, and is very skill-based....

Hey now, F-Zero was featured on the launch game for the Wii-U, which was a great success........

Oh crap, never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.