• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
So yeah, count me in for Team February now.

I'm fine with that. Smash and Pokemon can hold me over for now.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Ughhh Smash Bros isn't enough to hype me up anymore. Plus I don't care about Dante.

I think they're actually done doing regular Directs, outside E3 it'll just be game specific ones and Nindies. Wish they would just post an announcement or confirm it to a news site so we know not to wait for one.
Dude they aren't done with regular direct, come on.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any chance for a Animal Crossing Direct this month (has specific direct ever aired during the second half) ?
If they get Pokemon, Smash and AC out of the way, the general direct could be insane.
There's no rules for game specific directs. They can happen anytime of the month so it's very possible we get a AC direct next week.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Best part of this is that the next Nintendo Direct will feature the first newcomer from Fighters Pass 2 so Smash will still be there.

superbright

Feb 11, 2019
United Kingdom
t8oXy5y.gif

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
oh man y'all think the Smash direct killed ALL directs i'm dead lmao

PERHAPSSSSS it simply frees up space in the regular direct for some great stuff. That's how I see it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
You know ... i wonder how some of you would act if you were the Batman fans waiting for WB to announce the next game that has been teased since ... what ... 6 months now? ^^

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Pretty interesting that we've now had an Indies event, a Pokemon Direct and now a Smash Direct in the space of a month. Directs have been packed in recent years because Nintendo actually have the combination of a steady supply of first party content, good third party support and significant indie support. Though, thinking about it, hasn't it been the case in recent years that while there are fewer general Directs, there are more franchise specific and indie Directs?

Either way this clears two big first party announcements out the way - the new expansion model for Pokemon plus the final part of the very popular Fighter Pass for Smash. I'd expect Sakurai to detail how future DLC will work (there's no sign we're getting a second Fighter's Pass yet, it might be sold as individual Fighter Packs from now on for example).

Also, for people complaining about Smash receiving more attention: it is the single best-selling fighting game of all time and more DLC is planned. It ain't going away for another 12 months.

Werhiu

Nov 30, 2018
C'mon y'all need to chill and let people enjoy things. You don't like Smash ? That's fine but let other people have fun with this direct. We'll eventually get the Direct anyway so stay patient.

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
At this point i expected Animal Crossing Direct we we are getting Smash "Direct", lol Nintendo just playing with us.

Sep 29, 2019
Has Nintendo ever done this before? Directs like this, week after week? Nintendo seems to be up to something, honestly. This doesn't kill the chance of a direct this month - we might get specific game directs before the major one.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing Community Generlization
Smash, Pokemon, and their fans are the absolute worst.

please just give us a general direct.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Has Nintendo ever done this before? Directs like this, week after week? Nintendo seems to be up to something, honestly. This doesn't kill the chance of a direct this month - we might get specific game directs before the major one.

Right, I see this as more of a positive thing. Maybe the negative is that we have to wait a bit longer, but I see this as them having a lot more up their sleeve

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
I still have hopes for Team January, and please don't start with that "Nintendo is not doing Direct in second half of the month".

Status
Not open for further replies.