• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I'm swimming in the salt of people who insulted Smash Ultimate, GOAT making people react even a year after release.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
35 minutes for one added fighter.

giphy.gif
Were you not here for the Terry presentation?

That was even longer. Sakurai went full fanboy and it was incredible.

Plus we're probably going to hear more about their wave 2 DLC plans and stuff.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What? The only thing you looked forward to for the next Direct, with unown content, was Smash?
Yeah. Smash is the only game I've been playing on the switch for a while lately lol.
What? The only thing you looked forward to for the next Direct, with unown content, was Smash?

Yes. I've been playing with Terry online almost every night since he came out, he's sooo fun, I can't wait for the next dlc. Smash is my favorite game on the switch and I play it a LOT. Don't really care about 3rd party ports or any of Nintendo's B tier series tbh until Botw 2/ xenoblade and next 3D Mario

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Today i learned that some ppl are surprised about Sakurai doing 35 minuted for a DLC Fighter, AFTER he did about 40 minutes for an already announced DLC Fighter.

You missed that 40 mins Terry introduction or what?

E:

ARGH NOT THAT "PIZZA" ABOVE ME AGAIN! ;_;

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Sometimes I think Nintendo doesnt really care about anything else than Smash and Pokemon.

The fans of those franchises are spoiled at the very least.

Mantorok

Mar 8, 2018
You missed the last characters presentation I guess ? Terry was like 45 minutes long.

Yeah I didn't watch it because I don't own Smash. This does have its upshot, if they're splitting up their mainline titles into separate directs that frees up the proper direct for everything else.

This is a positive thing in the long-term.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
We haven't gotten a general direct in the second half of a month in OVER 5 years. General direct for February is all but confirmed at this point
Any chance for a Animal Crossing Direct this month (has specific direct ever aired during the second half) ?
If they get Pokemon, Smash and AC out of the way, the general direct could be insane.

Jan 2, 2018
Yeah. Smash is the only game I've been playing on the switch for a while lately lol.

Yes. I've been playing with Terry online almost every night since he came out, he's sooo fun, I can't wait for the next dlc. Smash is my favorite game on the switch and I play it a LOT. Don't really care about 3rd party ports or any of Nintendo's B tier series tbh until Botw 2/ xenoblade and next 3D Mario

They also announce "A tier" series in Directs, you know? :P Like Zelda and Mario Maker last year. And to call Xenoblade "A tier" is a bit much, when Luigis Mansion, Fire Emblem and many others are far bigger.

But I'm also excited about Smash! Love those presentations, even if I rarely play the game alone.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the presentation will also reveal the next character like how Terry was revealed.
Probably not, will probably be saved for the next general Direct.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Ughhh Smash Bros isn't enough to hype me up anymore. Plus I don't care about Dante.

I think they're actually done doing regular Directs, outside E3 it'll just be game specific ones and Nindies. Wish they would just post an announcement or confirm it to a news site so we know not to wait for one.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Ughhh Smash Bros isn't enough to hype me up anymore. Plus I don't care about Dante.

I think they're actually done doing regular Directs, outside E3 it'll just be game specific ones and Nindies. Wish they would just post an announcement or confirm it to a news site so we know not to wait for one.

It's January 14th. A bit too early for this drama.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I would be hyped for an Animal Crossing Direct next, and it would have even more added chaos!

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
so does the Smash prez kill a January Nintendo direct?

French twitter is RIOTING because they seem to think so lol

Sep 29, 2019
Has there been any new stuff that leads to a potential direct this month yet? This is the first time I've been on this thread, so maybe I missed a lot in 50 pages.

Welp, I am quite Team February at this point.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
People already assuming it's Dante, lmao you all will never learn.
Sure, Capcom was going to spoil the stuff that Nintendo is hiding the most. Smh some of you.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Refreshed this thread after looking away for a bit, and almost ten new pages lol

Even though I'm not too excited for the Smash presentation, I look forward to seeing who the new fighter is.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
Team tweets until E3.

They'll announce Brain Age as their big release for February and you can't do anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.