• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
Are they just not going to talk about Animal Crossing until it's like a month away? 😫

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
If this means full force new game announcements and such in a general direct, then that's good. Second week in a row with dlc news is a bummer, though, won't lie. Pokemon MDDX doesn't really help.

Well, at least I've been TeamFeb all day long. :p

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Because they have 40 minutes of Direct news to go through and they don't want to cram it in with 35 minutes of Smash news?

They have done one of these in-depth Smash videos for every character so far after that character has been revealed in a Direct (or TGAs). If they had a Direct coming soon (i.e. next week) they could reveal the character then and then have this in-depth video a few days later.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
I guess Smash fans don't have enough communication about their already released game. Animal Crossing fans can just keep waiting. It's our lot in life.

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
I still think we could get a main direct next week or at the end of the month. Giving Smash and Pokemon their own space means they'd take up less of a 40 minute or so show.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Because they have 40 minutes of Direct news to go through and they don't want to cram it in with 35 minutes of Smash news?
IIRC Last time they announced the character in a ~2 min trailer during the direct and said "wait till the end of the direct to watch Sakurai explain how the character will play"

AzVal

May 7, 2018
I am in team alreadygotalliwanted!!

They must be confident in their next direct content if they are getting pokemon and smash out of the way!!!!

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's more like this:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

#sora4smash

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Certainly not a fan of not doing a direct now, specially with titles like TMS that have the directs as the only source of big promotions
That game is gonna bomb no matter what.
Like Daemon X Machina, they put that in like 20 Directs and still nobody cared.
I don't think this will crater as hard as that did but it's not gonna sell well regardless of a Direct

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
If there's a general Direct next week, which will undoubtedly get more eyes on it than a stream for Smash alone, why wouldn't they save the Smash reveal for it?

Any hopes of a more general Direct being imminent died with this announcement, I'm afraid.
Because Sakurai wanted to spend 35mn on a character and Nintendo was tired of arguing with him.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Hey, at least we got a twitter direct from Square Enix with lots of new announcements delays!

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We haven't gotten a general direct in the second half of a month in OVER 5 years. General direct for February is all but confirmed at this point

MusicProposition

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
This puts trolling on a new level.
They gave us a video game presentation announcement instead of the video game presentation announcement we wanted, after airing a video game presentation we didn't want

Status
Not open for further replies.