• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most likely of these Mario games to appear in 2020?

• Super Mario 3D World Port

Votes: 484 73.9%
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2/Next 3D Mario

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • Paper Mario 6

Votes: 284 43.4%
  • Super Mario Party 2

Votes: 113 17.3%
  • Mario Golf

Votes: 120 18.3%
  • Mario Kart 9

Votes: 57 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo doesn't mind if you expect BOTW 2 and it doesn't pan out. You still watched the Direct.

But Nintendo has shown that they do care about this.
Or they wouldn't have announced that the summer directs in 2016 wouldn't contain Switch titles.

Or that certain other directs would only focus on games being released within a certain period.

Expectation setting (and breaking) are very real parts of gaming PR.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Holy heck. This page is 11 pages already. If the hype keeps up we'll have OT5 before the next direct.

Because the direct is so far away

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of TWEWY, is the Switch version any good or should I just replay it on my DS/3DS

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think Nintendo Direct speculation threads have a chance of reaching singularity? Like we become so hype and insane our minds meld into one synced entity, becoming both everything and nothing in this infestimal universe where we spend our vast knowledge not bettering mankind but try to compute the next Nintendo Direct?

skysthelimit

Jan 16, 2019
So if we do get one this week, when would it be announced UK time?

Tomorrow or Wednesday at 2:30pm?

Aside: trying to work out times/dates on here when people don't specify is a nightmare sometimes 😂

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Kinda feel like I'm gonna go media blackout once they announce BotW's subtitle & release date. Don't really need to see much, I'm sold already.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Do you think Nintendo Direct speculation threads have a chance of reaching singularity? Like we become so hype and insane our minds meld into one synced entity, becoming both everything and nothing in this infestimal universe where we spend our vast knowledge not bettering mankind but try to compute the next Nintendo Direct?

Perhaps Nintendo Direct threads are a prison of our own making.

portrait-of-michel-foucault-600x346.jpg

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps Nintendo Direct threads are a prison of our own making.

portrait-of-michel-foucault-600x346.jpg

WE MUST FREE OURSELVES FROM THIS PRISON, BROTHERS AND SISTERS! WE MUST THROW THESE SHACKLES AWAY AND EMBRACE THE UNKNOWN FOR IF NOT WE SHALL BE TRAPPED IN OUR OWN MINDS, WONDERING WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN INSTEAD OF WHAT THERE IS!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
WE MUST FREE OURSELVES FROM THIS PRISON, BROTHERS AND SISTERS! WE MUST THROW THESE SHACKLES AWAY AND EMBRACE THE UNKNOWN FOR IF NOT WE SHALL BE TRAPPED IN OUR OWN MINDS, WONDERING WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN INSTEAD OF WHAT THERE IS!

Hopefully it doesn't end up like a bloody game of Survivor.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
So what's the latest vague post by an assumed insider that has been blown out of proportion?

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Not at all? A spin-off in certain genres (strategy, RPG) has been widely requested and makes sense for an IP as strong as Splatoon

the fanbase is not getting excited for a strategy game featuring inklings. they love splatoon because, well, it's an online shooter with unique gameplay and mechanics, and nintendo dropped the support for it last year so a sequel is needed.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
the fanbase is not getting excited for a strategy game featuring inklings. they love splatoon because, well, it's an online shooter with unique gameplay and mechanics, and nintendo dropped the support for it last year so a sequel is needed.
It's still getting balance patches AFAIK, so that's not support gone (I know what you mean). You and I must visit different parts of the community, because the sentiment I get is that a spinoff is very much welcome *especially since 3 will be years away*

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
this thread is a beautiful crescendo to the gradual descent into chaos of its predecessor.

it's almost more rewarding for me to follow than a Nintendo Direct.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo Dream next issue, releasing on January 21, will have a special issue with info about Animal Crossing.

RRcZOlk.jpg

So what if the Animal Crossing Direct is this week...

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Nintendo Dream next issue, releasing on January 21, will contain "lots of new information" about Animal Crossing.

RRcZOlk.jpg

So what if the Animal Crossing Direct is this week...
Maybe the info won't even really be new, based on how Japanese magazines, TV broadcasts and live-streams have let me down so often in the past.

Nah, just kidding; it'll be info from the 5 minute AC segment in this week's general Direct.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Paradoxally, the possibility that a Direct comes this week is mostly depending on the TMS release this Friday, in my opinion. We found out that there will be a Joker costume in the same, but it hasn't been announced yet. I would find it strange that they haven't release the trailer yet, unless they want to keep it for the Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.