• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
One thing that I think will be likely for this direct is Detective Pikachu for Switch.

They announced it last May but there has been no noise about it since.
That feels almost par for course on Detective Pikachu. IIRC, it was a while from the original game's announce/tease to the Japanese release and even longer to the Westerns releases.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
J beebs for smash
justin-bieber-wants-nintendo-3ds-for-christmas.jpg

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Yo does anyone have an easier to please list than me for this direct?

Legit all I need is an annoucement of a Super Mario 3D World port. I play through most of the mainline Mario series every year because I'm a huge Mario junkie, and I wanna make this the first time I don't have to dig out my Wii U for it!

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Insiders don't normally know Direct dates super far out (Zell excluded), so hopefully Emily's recent vote means an announcement is imminent.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Fake or not just the thought of an NMH collection + Travis in Smash is activating my almonds.

Come on let's make this happen

lf48IQC.gif

PD4g3lm.gif

60FPS No More Heroes let's GO

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Wait there are four Saint Row's?

You learn something new every day

Yeah, the fourth one is where shit his the fan. You can jump hundreds of feet in the air, the one and only Keith David is your VP, you can ride a witch's broomstick to a spaceship and an alien dictator reads Sense and Sensibility over the radio.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
This is it. Legit Paper Mario could be announced in this Direct. It's the only game announcement I have some anxiety over. Nothing else bothers me except for the Paper Mario announcement. It will tell us all we need
This is definitely it for me for paper mario. It will show what IS and nintendo think of the series and if I will ever care again.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
This is definitely it for me for paper mario. It will show what IS and nintendo think of the series and if I will ever care again.
God, I hate to think of this as being some kind of moment of truth for Paper Mario, but it probably is. I have some hope, but also a good deal of anxiety about it myself. All I want in a Direct containing PM is to come away not feeling pessimistic about it.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
What games do you think will open and close the Direct?

I'll say they open with Paper Mario and close with Splatoon RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.