• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the concepts from PT made me think Kojima would be terrific at evoking the dread and creepiness that comes with losing one's sanity. That's really the core of Eternal Darkness in my mind, and it should be the primary focus of a hypothetical sequel or reboot, rather than something like the creature design.

While PT was impressive, I'd be a bit wary about Kojima's bad habits rearing their head in a full game, like his overly long cutscenes and questionable depictions of women.

Shurican

Dec 28, 2019
Now its that time again. I cant be productive till the direct announcement hits us. Thanks Era!
Let me refresh this thread now constantly the next days.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Colonel_Sanders_Kiss.jpg

look at this bitch, he's responsible for ruining the reputation of visual novels in the west

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
anyway we're three days away from the next nintendo direct announcement, can you feel the energy in the air?

LukasManak22

Jan 10, 2018
It seems funny that people all over Twitter and everywhere are quessing right now which 2 announced Wii U ports are it, because i am sure all of the people that are reading this thread already know what these 2 ports are, they have been mentioned here several times.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
It seems funny that people all over Twitter and everywhere are quessing right now which 2 announced Wii U ports are it, because i am sure all of the people that are reading this thread already know what these 2 ports are, they have been mentioned here several times.

Heh that's what I noticed as well. Rogersbase is hoping for Xenoblade Chronicles X and Wind Waker HD and I am like my sweet summer child.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

they are of course
oobuLEN.jpg
and
8gmYnKa.jpg

(procreate is shaking)

gunlovefiction

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else kinda like when they announce directs later than we think. The release from the announcement is so pleasurable, in that moment I am euphoric

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
People really comparing Gamexplain to Nintendo Soup? GX deserves so much better...
Thanks, but I'm more annoyed with Emily's name being dragged through the mud (or soup, as it were). She's more than proven herself a reliable insider, particularly in recent years.
My post was a lighthearted joke, but also I was not really referring to Emily's credibility, I know she's super credible. I'm more talking about reporting on the things that have been said in this thread. Many insiders, like Zell, have said they've stopped sharing as much because lots websites start reporting on what's said here. When some members of GX are active participants in this thread I thought y'all would be more conscious of that.

Of course reporting on it isn't wrong or anything as that's you guys' job, but it may stop people from sharing as much in the future.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Many insiders, like Zell, have said they've stopped sharing as much because lots websites start reporting on what's said here. When some members of GX are active participants in this thread I thought y'all would be more conscious of that.

We report news. If insiders don't want it reported, they are under no obligation to share it on a popular public forum (or whatever their public venue of choice may be.)

In any case, we're happy to also consider Emily a good friend of the channel.

Last edited:

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
My post was a lighthearted joke, but also I was not really referring to Emily's credibility, I know she's super credible. I'm more talking about reporting on the things that have been said in this thread. Many insiders, like Zell, have said they've stopped sharing as much because lots websites start reporting on what's said here. When some members of GX are active participants in this thread I thought y'all would be more conscious of that.

Of course reporting on it isn't wrong or anything as that's you guys' job, but it may stop people from sharing as much in the future.
Emily should know by now that if she posts something on Era word gets around. If she wants to share something without attracting heat she can always use her private Twitter.

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
We report news. If insiders don't want it reported, they are under no obligation to share it on a popular public forum (or whatever their public venue of choice may be.)

Mad respect to everything you guys do. Your videos always help me get in the mood for exciting Nintendo-driven news and I consistently rewatch your older prediction videos when a new Direct seems imminent. Keep up the great work and don't listen to the cynics!

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Mad respect to everything you guys do. Your videos always help me get in the mood for exciting Nintendo-driven news and I consistently rewatch your older prediction videos when a new Direct seems imminent. Keep up the great work and don't listen to the cynics!

Thanks so much Dragoncaine! Really appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you enjoy our videos. Hopefully we'll be able to give you a Direct Predictions sooner rather than later! :)

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Emily should know by now that if she posts something on Era word gets around. If she wants to share something without attracting heat she can always use her private Twitter.
That's true, and I do suppose Emily historically hasn't cared as much as Zell, who had to change his name.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017

Keep up the good work at GX! Your discussions are an important part of the hype cycle.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Keep up the good work at GX! Your discussions are an important part of the hype cycle.

Why thank you! Looking forward to having a Direct to give predictions on! (we actually give a few early ones in our 2020 predictions today and tomorrow :)

This is very true! Don't let my post make y'all think otherwise. GX easily one of the best parts of the direct hype cycle and undisputed #1 Nintendo source

D'aww

Edit: Replying to later comments here

Thank you generally for good content over the years!

You're very welcome!

you guys are awesome, seriously <3 always watching your vids whilst playing nintendo switch games!

You're too kind :)

Last edited:

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
they are absolutely not going to randomly twitter drop a new Smash character, at the very least

there's comfort in that

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Let's do some more Fun Stuff.. wich was your favorite Nintendo Direct of the past decade?

It might have to be E3 2019. Finally seeing Luigi's Mansion 3 and Animal Crossing proper was fun, it moved at a good pace, Doug Bowser was charming, BOTW 2 looked intriguing, and oh yeah there was one more thing.... what was it... oh yeah, BANJO AND KAZOOIE IN SMASH BROS. It was also the most positive I've seen people after a direct in a while, and made a really bad E3 a little more fun.

That's true, and I do suppose Emily historically hasn't cared as much as Zell, who had to change his name.
Was Zell changing his name really because he was getting too much coverage? It's not like it's hidden that his new account is still him. It always just struck me as a joke

Earthed

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
There is one rule of thumb to believing people really... If they are giving out concrete info they are either fake or don't care about keeping their job.

So the Direct is next week then? (Don't give me that BS about the week starting on Monday, it starts on Sunday and that's a damn fact)

Well if that is supposed to mean anything at all, then you could also read it vice versa and be like "Oh he worked so hard to get that Direct Video done in time he needs to sleep for a week now." 💁‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.