• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alright gang, how does the Pokémon Direct affect our chances?

• #TeamAppetizer (a Direct will come between 1/14 and 1/17)

Votes: 806 70.6%
  • #TeamEntrée (this is the main course; another Direct won’t come until later)

Votes: 237 20.8%
  • I'm on #TeamAppetizer, but I don't necessarily think it will happen next week.

Votes: 99 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Wait... wait did our King "King Zell" just return and confirmed a Direct or January or did I missed something?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So lets say January direct is a thing? After that I'm guessing an Animal Crossing direct in mid-late Feb. and maybe a mini direct in April before E3.

What y'all think?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So, possible Switch 2 Holidays 2022? What are we talking here? Base PS4 visuals in handheld?
I really doubt the Switch 2 will release in 2022, likely 2023 or 2024.
I fully expect Switch 2 to be beyond base PS4 (at least when docked), but by how much is a big question mark. My dream is somewhere around PS4 Pro but I have no idea if that will be possible for a 2023/2024 system. At the very least it will be more modern than PS4 Pro's GPU, so that will have plenty of benefits.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just don't make topics on what insiders say. They don't want that attention. Maybe it's easier to vote in a fucking poll than posts something where Go Nintendo, RGT 85 and crew and everyone else will start making YouTube videos or articles on your posts

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Just don't make topics on what insiders say. They don't want that attention. Maybe it's easier to vote in a fucking poll than posts something where Go Nintendo, RGT 85 and crew and everyone else will start making YouTube videos or articles on your posts

I don't blame the Youtubers and others making articles/videos on what he says, but yeah. It's easier to go under the radar this way.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
Next thing you know, there will be articles and YT videos about insiders voting in polls.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't blame the Youtubers and others making articles/videos on what he says, but yeah. It's easier to go under the radar this way.
Yes, I'm not saying screw them. Many of them are just news channels of course. I don't mind when they do speculation videos

Next thing you know, there will be articles and YT videos about insiders voting in polls.

Eurogamer reporting in on ResetEra polls now

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Hey, Zell! Just post something on 4-chan! That way, you remain anonymous, no one believes you until after, and you don't have to deal with the media attention! ;)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He voted TeamJanuary in the poll
Zell, Imran, Jonneh, and NateDrake all voting team January. The team is all here.
giphy.gif

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This place harbors many insiders across Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo. I've always though they could've had an insider account for them to post in, but Era probably doesn't want to take that on in fear

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Well just looking at the Xavier and Xavier NX, the wattage involved there, and recognizing that Turing is basically an optimized Volta, I think it would probably be reasonable to expect an Ampere GPU/Tegra to match that 1.4 Tflop number for Xavier at the wattage you are thinking, and then obviously more when docked. Assuming that news about Ampere is legit.

I thought the SoC drew about 7W in docked mode, and less in portable mode. I might have my numbers confused a bit though. It's been a while since we discussed new possible Switch tech, exciting stuff.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just let him make Mother 4 already (of course this only happens with Itoi's approval since I know someone has to mention this all time like we don't know)

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the SoC drew about 7W in docked mode, and less in portable mode. I might have my numbers confused a bit though. It's been a while since we discussed new possible Switch tech, exciting stuff.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Switch uses like 12W when docked, which is essentially entirely going to the SoC as the screen is obviously off in that scenario.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Switch uses like 12W when docked, which is essentially entirely going to the SoC as the screen is obviously off in that scenario.

From what I remember that number includes things like RAM, the fan, charging ports, etc. Which brings it down closer to 7ish for the SoC.

I could also definitely be wrong here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
about 11W when not charging and for the OG system.

they could stand to bump it up more and have teh switch be limited by the cooling system rather than how much they decide to pull from the wall (which is 18W maximum)

Status
Not open for further replies.